PDA

View Full Version : 5/27/2005 8:15 a.m.

Karatemom
05-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Chris passed away this morning after being in a coma for about a day. It was for the best and he is now much better off and not in pain or suffering anymore. Arrangements are in the works and will let everyone know when they will be held - looking like Tuesday. Donating his body will not work as they need 6 months advance notice so we are going to have him cremated and have a service, no funeral.

Thank you all for being here for me and Spike.

Heide

pooldude
05-27-2005, 08:04 AM
I am sorry to hear this although we all knew it was coming. You and your family have my deepest sympathies.

Eric.
05-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Thanks for sharing, Heide. Sad news, but like you said, Chris isn't hurting anymore.

Check in when you can, you have alot of friends here.

Eric

Wally_in_Cincy
05-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Heide,

I'm sorry. God bless you all.

Wally

PQQLK9
05-27-2005, 08:25 AM
God bless you Heide and Christ and may Chris rest in peace. I will never forget my special friend.

Please take care of yourself now.

Love and affection.

9 Ball Girl
05-27-2005, 08:50 AM
I have no words that can describe how I feel. Everytime I think of Chris, I think of him always smiling, always smiling, always smiling...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p4e286bdba805a68c2aec2ae8bc9e2790/fafbae5b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p79855d76567fd4fc5b73e9184216d437/fafbae49.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p72fefa31923fa6351c9292fe82961b96/fafbae19.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p529a3b356fe38564a2e8f1bbb43db1f5/fafbae35.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p6a7775a8b2600b736bfdbcbda51b1062/f6fd9afb.jpg

We're all here for you and Spike.

Wendy<---glad to know that Frank and Dave can now get a mini ring game going.

tateuts
05-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Heide,

Chris had everything a man could ask for. You and Spike were with him, devoted to him this whole time. He knew he was wanted and loved by his friends and family until the end. The words "they all cared deeply" come to mind.

You gave so much and now it's your time for life and the natural healing that will come in time.

God bless you and your family,

Chris

CarolNYC
05-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Heide and Christ,
We love you!
"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

My deepest condolences! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Carol

Barbara
05-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Heide,

Like you said, he is out of his pain. Now is the time for healing.

God bless you and Spike.

Barbara

Troy
05-27-2005, 09:05 AM
I knew your post was coming Heide, but it still brought tears to my eyes.
Although I didn't know Chris personally, I feel that I have lost a brother and a friend.
May he finally rest in peace.
Please be strong for your own sake and for Spike.

Love,
Troy

ras314
05-27-2005, 09:37 AM
We are diminished.

Sid_Vicious
05-27-2005, 09:56 AM
It is a sad day. You've had a hard situation Heidi, give yourself something and take some time, or maybe stay busy. I've got to think about it a while and reflect. I will sure miss the phone conversations with Chris. Thanks for letting us know.

Qtec
05-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Hiede,
I really , really didnt want to click on this post because I knew what was coming. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I only know CC through his posts on this board, so I can only give my impression based on that. I got the impression that the guy didnt have a mean bone in his body. He was always the mediator, a person who could look at things from both sides of the fence.
I,ll never forget when some of the CCBers chipped in to send CC to the US Open!
What a guy. I know you will miss him. We all will.

You have my sympathies, [I know its not much]
yours,
Q

Deeman2
05-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Everyone knows how much Chris contributed here. Always positive, always willing to share his considerable knowledge and wit. He will be missed. God Bless you and all who morn his passing.

Dee Sands

Scott Lee
05-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Heide...Troy's words mirror my own feelings. I too feel like I've lost a brother. The only grace is knowing Chris is no longer in pain. I will be coming to see you and Spike, when I travel east next time. If nothing else, we will share a laugh and a hug about a man we both loved...

Scott /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

rukiddingme
05-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Dearest Heide and Spike,
Steve and I extend our heartfelt condolences. Chris was a real prince and will be missed by all of us.
If we can do anything, anything at all, do not hesitate to call us anytime.
Love,
ruk

Brian in VA
05-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Heide,
Like everyone else, I knew this was coming. We were all hoping for a miracle and in the absence of one, we were hoping for a gentle passing for his sake and yours and Christ's. Despite all the time you've had to prepare for it, it's still so very hard to say goodbye to someone. We share your pain in the hope that it lessens it. In time it will. Know that we all hold you in our arms and hearts as we also hold Chris.

Condolences and take care of the two of you,
Brian in VA - mourning in the passing a dear man

Cueless Joey
05-27-2005, 11:29 AM
I will miss CC insightful posts.
God bless him.
Condolences Heide.

houseman
05-27-2005, 11:41 AM
my deepest simpathy and condolences.
I didn`t know him but just reading his post I new he was a great man.

the houseman

pooltchr
05-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Words just aren't enough to express my feelings.
It's only temporary, as we will meet once again in a far better place.
The last words I spoke with my wife before she passed, she asked me if I was afraid, and I answered "not afraid, I'm sad".
Well, I am sad again today.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Steve

Stretch
05-27-2005, 11:59 AM
It's a sad day. I never met CC, but could tell from his writings and accomplishments that he had one hell of a lot of heart. He touched us all. Rest in peace Chris.

William Holmes

Paul_Mon
05-27-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm saddened by the news. Take comfort in the memories of the good times and knowing he's no longer suffering.

Good bless Chris and your family

Paul Mon

Brad
05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
I've always been told that you can judge the success of a man by the number of friends he has. Chris was a VERY successful man.

My sympathies, Heide

Tom_In_Cincy
05-27-2005, 01:02 PM
A very sad day for me

I will miss my friend

May you rest in peace

HOWARD
05-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Dear Heide,

I did not know Chris except through the board. My deepest
heartfelt sympathy. God bless your family. His testaments
shown speak more than I can.

I also believe that you showed tremendous courage from start to finish. You were a rock.

Best to you and yours,

Howard

Kato
05-27-2005, 01:21 PM
You've lost a husband, Spike a father, me a brother.

Chris is at peace now, we'll all miss him dearly.

R.J.

cueball1950
05-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Heide... i aM SO TERRIBLY SORRY. mAY THE gOOD lORD WATCH OVER HIM AND TAKE YOU AND SPIKE UNDER HIS WING AND GUIDE YOU THRU THE REST OF YOUR LIFE UNTIL YOU AND CHRIS CAN MEET AGAIN.............. mike

cueball1950
05-27-2005, 01:27 PM
I have to add that what saddens me as much is that the 1st time i really got to meet and chat with chris was the day we all went out to dinner that year. Chris rode with me along with dave and his wife. We all got to talk with each other and to get to know each other on that ride to dinner and back, and i now feel that i have lost 2 great people from my life that i only knew so briefly but still consider them friends...........mike

pooljunkie73
05-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Rest in peace my friend, rest in peace /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Heide and Christ you have my deepest condolances.

Kent

Jimmy B
05-27-2005, 01:37 PM
RIP

JB

pooltchr
05-27-2005, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I have to add that what saddens me as much is that the 1st time i really got to meet and chat with chris was the day we all went out to dinner that year. Chris rode with me along with dave and his wife. We all got to talk with each other and to get to know each other on that ride to dinner and back, and i now feel that i have lost 2 great people from my life that i only knew so briefly but still consider them friends...........mike <hr /></blockquote>

Mike,
I would like to think that Dave, Frank, and Chris are already matching up...
Steve

Karatemom
05-27-2005, 01:43 PM
For those able and interested, a visitation will be held here in Moline at the Esterdahl Mortuary on Tuesday, May 31, 2005, from 4 - 8 p.m.

Steve Lipsky
05-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Heide,

This is so painful for all of us; we can't imagine what you and Spike are going through. He was a tremendous person, truly an inspiration to everyone on this board.

The entire time I knew him, he was in pain. The last time I spoke with him I had to cover the phone so he wouldn't hear me crying. It was so difficult; this was a man who was going through something so awful, and he was doing it with every bit of class and determination that we would expect. I can't imagine God has ever made a better man.

He was always there to help me with my game, as I'm sure he was with others. His knowledge and speaking-style made him a natural teacher, and I'd bet anything this gift extended to every other part of his life. The lessons he has taught Spike will last a lifetime, and in that way Chris' goodness will go on forever. I've told this story before, but I was once in an elevator with Spike and a few women. When the women got off on their floor, he stood in the path of the elevator door to make sure it wouldn't close on them as they exited. It was the sweetest thing. Spike was like 11 or something at the time. You learn that stuff from someone.

This board has lost one its great patriarchs, and it's too sad to bear. He was there for all of us, always. It kills me to think we will never get another post from him. His insight, candor, humor, and love will never be replaced.

Heide, we all love you and Spike and if you ever need anything, you know we will all be here for you.

Rest in peace, my friend. You were one of the good ones. Someday we will play that game of straight pool we always wanted to.

- Steve

PoolFool
05-27-2005, 02:34 PM
I only knew him through the CCB. But, you could tell he was one of the good guys by his posts and knowledge of the game. He will be missed by all. My sympathy is with you.

PoolFool

dg-in-centralpa
05-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Heide,
My condolences to you both. I will miss his posts, as I learned from him. Even tho' he's gone, he still lives in our memories. Please stay in contact with the rest of us.

Duane

Terry
05-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Heide it's so sad that Chris had to go. I wish you and Spike all the best as life moves forward and i'm sure you have many wonderful memories with Chris. May God be with you and your family. Terry /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cheesemouse
05-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Heide,
It's a sad day. I will miss my 'buddy' Chris...take care angle lady.....

Vagabond
05-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Heidi,
Please accept my condolences.
Vagabond

Rich R.
05-27-2005, 06:41 PM
This was a post I was looking for, knew was coming, but didn't want to read.

Cathy and I are saddened by the loss of Chris. Please accept our condolences.

Heide, I hope you and Spike can find a way to celebrate Chris's life, rather than morn his passing.

mike_in_iowa
05-27-2005, 07:32 PM
While I only met CC a few times, it seemed as if we knew each for years and that is the way that he treated me and everyone he met. He was a great man and we will celebrate his life. May he RIP.

Mike Athens

Karla
05-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Heide,

I've been watching for this post and dreading it at the same time. I feel very lucky to have known Chris and my life is truly the better for it. I know that everyone on this board feels the same. I will miss him.

Take care,
Karla

Rod
05-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Iíve been stalling a couple of days because I didnít know what to say. I still donít but Chris was very special. Although we never met, I really wish we could have had some time together. Chris was so likeable and sincere of which I rarely have ever known. I sure will miss him, his insight in pool and life was an inspiration to me and Iím sure many others.

Chris had a way with words that made me feel like he was, and always will be, a friend forever. We will meet one day. I think Iíll tell him then just how much I respect him and what an inspiration he was to me. Heide youíre an angel, God knows what you and Christ must have been through during this time. Stay strong and if I know Chris, heíd want you to pick up life and keep going.

As they say, time cures all wounds but this one will take some time to heal. I have to go, itís hard to see the keyboard.

Love,

Rod Elliott

NH_Steve
05-28-2005, 02:43 AM
Rest in peace, Chris. Thanks for all you brought to the forums; your courage has truly been an inspiration. Heide and Spike, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep in touch over the coming years.

JimS
05-28-2005, 04:57 AM
Heide, I wish there was some way that you and Spike didn't have to hurt like you are. Chris will be missed by the many that he reached out to while he was physically among us.

CarolNYC
05-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Heide,

"I found an old photograph
and see your smile.
As I feel your presence anew,
I am filled with warmth
and my heart remembers love.

I read an old message
sent many years ago
during a time of turmoil and confusion.
The soothing words written then
still caress my spirit
and bring me peace.

I remember who you are and used to be
the laughter we shared
and wonder what you have become.
Where are you now, an angel in heaven
Where did you go, yur all around us
When the body is left behind
and the spirit is released to fly?

Perhaps you are the morning bird
singing joyfully at sunrise,
or the butterfly that dances
so carelessly on the breeze
or the rainbow of colors
that brightens a stormy sky
or the fingers of afternoon mist
delicately reaching over the mountains
or the final few rays of the setting sun
lighting up the skies
edging the clouds with a magical glow.

I miss your being
but I feel your presence,
In whatever form you choose to take,
however you now choose to be.

Your spirit has become for me
a guardian angel on high
guiding, advising, and watching over us.

I remember you.
You are with us "

Sorry everyone, but I have no sense of happines at this time!
Take care!
Carol

Wally_in_Cincy
05-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Here is a link to our friend's obituary. There is a guestbook there.

link (http://www.esterdahlmortuary.com/obit-display.jhtml?DB=update/obits/dbase&amp;DO=display&amp;ID=1117230447_4678)

Christy Aiardo, Jr.
November 17, 1954 - May 27, 2005
Moline, IL

Visitation: 4-8 p.m. May 31, 2005 at Esterdahl Mortuary, Ltd.

Chris ďCassĒ Aiardo, Jr. 50 of Moline died May 27, 2005 at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island after a long battle with cancer.

Visitation will be from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at Esterdahl Mortuary, Ltd 6601-38th Ave., Moline. Chris was born November 17, 1954 in Chicago, IL to Christ and Pearl Smith Aiardo, Sr. He married Heide K. Frank on March 18, 1991 in Chicago. Chris was an Army veteran.

He took great pride in helping people ďloveĒ the game of pool the way he did.

SURVIVORS Wife Son Christ ďSpikeĒ Aiardo Moline Mother Pearl Aiardo Chicago Brothers Jimmy Aiardo Chicago Sisters Kimmy Matthews Chicago Tammy Wrona Chicago Donna Maltzahn Loves Park, IL Maryann McCoy Abingdton, VA Johnnie Ortiz Virginia Many, many friends He was preceded in death by his father, Christ Aiardo, Sr. Online condolences may be expressed to Chrisís family by visiting his obituary at www.esterdahlmortuary.com (http://www.esterdahlmortuary.com)

<font color="blue">After reading this, I'm very sad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

stickman
05-28-2005, 08:42 AM
I won't be able to come to the visitation, but I send my love and prayers your way. Chris was truely one a kind. I can look forward to meeting him in the after life.
God Bless, Jim

Fran Crimi
05-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Chris was such a special person. He had a way of making everyone he came in contact with feel like they were special. That is such a rare and beautiful quality in this age of ' it's all about me, me, me'.

And it was all genuine and sincere. Not one bit if it fake or forced. He was the real deal.

I know that in the future when I am faced with adversity, I will think of Chris and how he saw things with the glass half-full rather than half-empty. What a great and admirable way to face the challenges of life!

Thank you Chris! You may be gone but you'll be remembered with lots of love and lots of smiles. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RIP my friend.

Fran

Scott Lee
05-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Heide...Gayle asked me to post her sincere condolences to you and Spike. She was unable to get to a computer, and asked me to forward her sympathy and best wishes for you and your family. You already know how she felt about Chris...the same as the rest of us. He will be greatly missed!

Scott, for Gayle from MD

DickLeonard
05-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Heidi and Christ I don't think I will ever be able to sign on to the CCB without thinking of Chris Cass. My father died when I was eleven years old and I had very little to remember him with. I checked Chris Cass's posts and there are over 5000 posts and never one that I read showed any animosity to any poster. Christ has to be proud of him as Chris was proud of him.

Christ your father will be looking down on you rooting for you to be the Great Player he thought you would be.

Heie I know he couldn't had survived the last few years without your love and devotion. God Bless you and Christ.####

Voodoo Daddy
05-28-2005, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Heidi and Christ I don't think I will ever be able to sign on to the CCB without thinking of Chris Cass. My father died when I was eleven years old and I had very little to remember him with. I checked Chris Cass's posts and there are over 5000 posts and never one that I read showed any animosity to any poster. Christ has to be proud of him as Chris was proud of him.

Christ your father will be looking down on you rooting for you to be the Great Player he thought you would be.

Heie I know he couldn't had survived the last few years without your love and devotion. God Bless you and Christ.#### <hr /></blockquote>

&lt;Tears rolling down cheek&gt; Tap, tap, tap. Dick...thank you.

Popcorn
05-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Quote Dick
"I checked Chris Cass's posts and there are over 5000 posts and never one that I read showed any animosity to any poster."

I was struck by the same thing. Last night I pulled up Chris's archive and began to read his posts, there are thousands, at times he was pretty prolific. They are never mean spirited or critical. At a point there is a three month gap in his posting and then he let us know what was going on with him. He ends that post with this:

Quote Chris Cass 11/26/02

First, I want you all to know I'm a proud man. I don't want or need pity. I know there's a lot of people who care for me here. Also, I would like to apologize for not saying anything.

I'm a pool player. Nothing more and nothing less. I don't give up in a match and refuse to accept a loss till I get beat. Cancer as far as I'm concerned, gets the 7 ball. I'm not going to give in and shed one more tear for Heide and Christ (my son). I am going to beat this, if it takes everything in my arsenal. If it does take my life then so be it. I wanted all of you to know I never met the most wonderful bunch of people in my life. God bless all of you. You people are the greatest most kind I've ever met. Thank you all for being my friends.

Your Friend,

Chris Cass~~
--------
I think if he could he would say the same thing today. I never had the pleasure to meet Chris in person, I am very happy to have known him here through his posts and PM's. He was a class act and in the last few months a true inspiration. My deepest sympathies go out to Heide, Christ and his family.

eg8r
05-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Heide and Christ,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am having trouble typing anything right now, I am so sad. Our prayers are with you and your family. From what I have learned about Chris, he was very dedicated to his family first and then pool. I hope you are able to read all the replies one day and find comfort in the love this board has for your family.

eg8r

Angel_R
05-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Heidi and Christ,

I am very sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers

Angel

Keith Talent
05-31-2005, 01:22 PM
We got back from vacation last night, and I logged in to check on CC, hoping for the best. Have been feeling a little blue since. I never met him, but from reading his posts and exchanging a few PMs with him, I was always impressed by his kindness and thoughtfulness, not to mention his pool knowledge, of course. Never spoke down to anyone and had great passion for the game, and life. No doubt he'll be remembered.

Ralph S.
06-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Heide and Christ, I am so, so sorry and saddened to learn of what was inevetible. Chris was a great guy and a very genuine type of person everyone loved to know and wanted to know. I have been busy lately and just signed on only to read this. It saddens me deeply. While I never was able to meet Chris in person, we did exchange phone calls now and then and all I can say is those conversations were always enjoyable and privelage to have with such a class act person. May God be with you and take comfort in knowing the pain and suffering has ended and that he is in a place that is truly great and better than we can even dream of. My deepest sympathy to you and Christ.