PDA

View Full Version : Off the rail,and down the table

Drop1
05-27-2005, 09:10 AM
The object ball is 2&1/2 inches from the rail,and I have to run the ball to the corner pocket,about 5 feet down the table. It really amounts to a long cut shot close to the rail. What would you do,center ball hit,right english,left english,or none of these. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve in Guadalajara

pooltchr
05-27-2005, 09:44 AM
That depends entirely on where I need the cue ball to end up for the next shot.
Steve

Troy
05-27-2005, 10:14 AM
You don't mention where the CB is in relation to the OB, but 2 1/2" is more than a ball away, don't let the rail be your problem. As far as what spin (english) to use, always start with center ball and proceed from there as your skill goes up and position needs dictate.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> The object ball is 2&amp;1/2 inches from the rail,and I have to run the ball to the corner pocket,about 5 feet down the table. It really amounts to a long cut shot close to the rail. What would you do,center ball hit,right english,left english,or none of these. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve in Guadalajara <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
05-27-2005, 10:16 AM
I appreciate your response. Leave the Cue ball middle of table between the center pockets. If I ever get the Wei table working things will be easier.
Steve

Drop1
05-27-2005, 10:22 AM
Troy,If the object ball was less than a ball from the rail,what would you use?
Thanks Steve Gray

Troy
05-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Without knowing the CB/OB relationship, the only thing I can offer would be a slightly thinner cut with a center ball hit and pocket speed.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Troy,If the object ball was less than a ball from the rail,what would you use?
Thanks Steve Gray <hr /></blockquote>

Billy_Bob
05-28-2005, 06:34 AM
So far as making the ball, center ball hit - leaning toward using outside english if the angle is "more near" 90 degrees. If very close to the cushion, I will use outside english to keep the ball from being "thrown" into the rail.

Let's see... less of an angle of cut, less need for outside english and center hit will work. Closer to rail, more need for outside english. Further away from pocket, more need for outside english. (Geeze, I guess there is a lot of decision making with these shots!)

May want to practice with the OB near center pocket 1" off cushion cutting into corner pocket. Try different angles with cue ball. Try center hits and also outside english. Then try inside english and see what happens. Best to place stickers on table so you can shoot the same exact shot over and over.