PDA

View Full Version : Butt sleeve of upcoming ER cue...

Rackin_Zack
05-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Thought I'd share (I increased the size of the picture so it's a little blurry/pixelated):

http://www.missouri.edu/~richardsonz/JLscrimClspWb.jpg

catscradle
05-27-2005, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rackin_Zack:</font><hr> Thought I'd share (I increased the size of the picture so it's a little blurry/pixelated):

<hr /></blockquote>
Did you get a waiver of a copyright on that pic? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
05-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Scrimshaw? (Not sure if that is spelled correctly.) If so who did it? The scrimshaw work?

Rackin_Zack
05-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Yes it's scrimmed. I'm not sure if Edwin did it himself or if he has someone that does the scrim stuff for him.

Rackin_Zack
05-27-2005, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr>Did you get a waiver of a copyright on that pic? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

lol...I did send emails asking for permission, but I only got a reply from one of the three. Since they didn't object I suppose that's assumed consent. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cueless Joey
05-27-2005, 11:00 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/joeyincali/ZinlayWb.jpg
NICE! Edwin does the work himself behind closed doors.
Those ivory is "scratched" one pit at a time to make those portrait.
I doubt if I'd use this cue if it had these ladies in the butt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Joey~Proud to have Edwin as a mentor ~

LARRY_BOY
05-27-2005, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/joeyincali/ZinlayWb.jpg
I doubt if I'd use this cue if it had these ladies in the butt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Joey~Proud to have Edwin as a mentor ~ <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry butt I am going to have to ask you to refraine from talking about having these fine ladies in the butt! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

landshark77
05-27-2005, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/joeyincali/ZinlayWb.jpg
<hr /></blockquote> So he is doing his own scrim work? He is good.

Cueless Joey
05-27-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Sorry butt I am going to have to ask you to refraine from talking about having these fine ladies in the butt! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>
My bad. Please scratch that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

catscradle
05-27-2005, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> NICE! Edwin does the work himself behind closed doors.
<hr /></blockquote> So he is doing his own scrim work? He is good. <hr /></blockquote>

He might be projecting the image onto the Ivory and sort of tracing it. Still great craftmanship, but not the same as free hand etching. One of my son's who is an artist (I don't remember which one) once told me there is some evidence that some of the old masters used a method of projection and that is why some of their paintings are so-so perfect.
Nevertheless, if he etched it freehand or etched it on top of a "projection" it is still good work.

On another thought ....
Zack,
Is there any import problem with the ivory?

landshark77
05-27-2005, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> NICE! Edwin does the work himself behind closed doors.
<hr /></blockquote> So he is doing his own scrim work? He is good. <hr /></blockquote>

He might be projecting the image onto the Ivory and sort of tracing it. Still great craftmanship, but not the same as free hand etching. One of my son's who is an artist (I don't remember which one) once told me there is some evidence that some of the old masters used a method of projection and that is why some of their paintings are so-so perfect.
Nevertheless, if he etched it freehand or etched it on top of a "projection" it is still good work.

On another thought ....
Zack,
<hr /></blockquote>

I agree...I don't care how it is done...I'm more interested in the scratching technique than freehand drawing capabilities. IMO, the scratching is the most important.

Rackin_Zack
05-27-2005, 12:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr>On another thought ....
Zack,
<hr /></blockquote>

Edwin is going to hand carry the cues over here so there shouldn't be.

Rackin_Zack
05-27-2005, 12:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>NICE! Edwin does the work himself behind closed doors.
Joey~Proud to have Edwin as a mentor ~ <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for posting the picture Joey! I'm going to still play with the cue, but I'm going to make really sure to be extra, extra careful with it, as with all of the cues I have on order. I've learned my lesson, hopefully, since I just recently did something incredibly stupid to my current Skip that's probably going to require a refinish. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rackin_Zack
05-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Here's the next panel:

http://www.missouri.edu/~richardsonz/JenClsUpWb.jpg