PDA

View Full Version : Real pool finally is OBSOLETE, the PROOF is here !

Patrick
05-28-2005, 02:49 PM
The time has come, when real life pool finally is obsolete. The big problems with Virtual Pool have finally been fixed; speed control and 3D.

Using 3D Shutter Glasses with Logitech MX1000 (http://www2.phpbb-host.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=50&mforum=vp) mouse with the Arm Stroke is superior to real life in both 3D and SPEED CONTROL. With 3D glasses on...EVERYTHING will be focused and sharp. With the Arm Stroke you will get near perfect speed control within 0.1mm on average positon shots, here is the PROOF, 4 shots in a row with the images overlapped:

http://poollogics.port5.com/videos/practicing/clips/pictures/MX1000_1-4.jpg

VIDEO: ftp://poollogics.is-a-geek.net:22163/practicing/clips/(50fps).MX1000.consistency.(2005.05.27).avi 928 KB

Coincidence? Believe what you want, the PROOF is here. You just CAN'T get this accurate speed control consistency in real pool EVER!

And NO, this shot was not made by a robot, it was made by a HUMAN after 2 hours of practice with MX1000, you can do it too!

Rackin_Zack
05-28-2005, 03:04 PM
If it's so superior how come they didn't get better shape...lol?

Patrick
05-28-2005, 03:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rackin_Zack:</font><hr> If it's so superior how come they didn't get better shape...lol? <hr /></blockquote>That position is optimal and SAFE, if you shoot 20 cm harder you are messed up. 2 rail soft position with right sidespin for the 8 is VERY EASY here, if you play 3 Cushion you will agree. Thin soft shots are easier!

It doesn't matter how good position play you have if 1 out of 100 you mess up with many centimeters!

nhp
05-28-2005, 03:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rackin_Zack:</font><hr> If it's so superior how come they didn't get better shape...lol? <hr /></blockquote>That position is optimal and SAFE, if you shoot 20 cm harder you are messed up. 2 rail soft position with right sidespin for the 8 is VERY EASY here, if you play 3 Cushion you will agree. Thin soft shots are easier!

It doesn't matter how good position play you have if 1 out of 100 you mess up with many centimeters!
<hr /></blockquote>

Um, a straight in stop shot would have given you perfect position on the 8.

landshark77
05-28-2005, 04:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr>
And NO, this shot was not made by a robot, it was made by a HUMAN after 2 hours of practice with MX1000,
<hr /></blockquote>

A HUMAN!!! You mean a REAL MORTAL LESS INTELLEGENT BEING?? OMG!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

BTW, I like your picture...is it of you?

Patrick
05-28-2005, 04:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rackin_Zack:</font><hr> If it's so superior how come they didn't get better shape...lol? <hr /></blockquote>That position is optimal and SAFE, if you shoot 20 cm harder you are messed up. 2 rail soft position with right sidespin for the 8 is VERY EASY here, if you play 3 Cushion you will agree. Thin soft shots are easier!

<hr /></blockquote>

Um, a straight in stop shot would have given you perfect position on the 8. <hr /></blockquote>
I thought you beginners were obcessed about "coming into the angle" position play. If I had done frozen position play you would have said how stupid it is.

A stop shot is very stupid, it will make you worse! You need to keep warmed up when playing. You need to plan ahead. EVERYTHING you do requires warm-up to reach your highest level, pros are just good enough to run unlimited racks without a warm-up, that doesn't mean they don't need it, they need to warm-up to be able to make difficult shots.

NEVER choose the easiest shot, ONLY choose it if it is the last shot you will ever make!!

Patrick
05-28-2005, 04:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr>
And NO, this shot was not made by a robot, it was made by a HUMAN after 2 hours of practice with MX1000,
<hr /></blockquote>

A HUMAN!!! You mean a REAL MORTAL LESS INTELLEGENT BEING?? OMG!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

BTW, I like your picture...is it of you? <hr /></blockquote>I was exaggerating, I am just wearing a human outfit. But some ignorant people would say I am human, good enough disguise. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That picture is a picture of my 2nd vessel, I have lost it though, I am waiting for them to bring it back after our invasion.

Kato
05-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Welcome back Patrick /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

nhp
05-29-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
EVERYTHING you do requires warm-up to reach your highest level, pros are just good enough to run unlimited racks without a warm-up, that doesn't mean they don't need it, they need to warm-up to be able to make difficult shots.
<hr /></blockquote>

I thought you were talking about the video game. You need to warm up to play that? I've never needed to warm up to beat a video game.

Cane
05-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Good start, Patrick. Now you only have between 35 and 50 million real pool players to convince and you've got it covered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Later,
Bob

Patrick
05-29-2005, 10:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
EVERYTHING you do requires warm-up to reach your highest level, pros are just good enough to run unlimited racks without a warm-up, that doesn't mean they don't need it, they need to warm-up to be able to make difficult shots.
<hr /></blockquote>

I thought you were talking about the video game. You need to warm up to play that? I've never needed to warm up to beat a video game.

<hr /></blockquote>You are saying that the top gamers never need a warm-up!!??? The best Quake3 player in the world practices 10 hours per day. I'm sure he would be very offended after reading your post.

In Virtual Pool 3 you need a shorter warm-up than in real life, because the table is perfect so needing to get used to the table isn't an issue.

Patrick
05-29-2005, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> Good start, Patrick. Now you only have between 35 and 50 million real pool players to convince and you've got it covered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Later,
Bob <hr /></blockquote>So you are saying I should play on TV? Why would I play real pool if it makes my skill WORSE!??

Voodoo Daddy
05-29-2005, 03:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> But some ignorant people would say I am human, good enough disguise. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No one with common sense would mistake you for human...&lt;I cant believe this guy is back, and KATO welcomes him?&gt;

Stretch
05-29-2005, 05:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> Good start, Patrick. Now you only have between 35 and 50 million real pool players to convince and you've got it covered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Later,
Bob <hr /></blockquote>So you are saying I should play on TV? Why would I play real pool if it makes my skill WORSE!??
<hr /></blockquote>

Thankyou for not playing real pool. St.

Drop1
05-29-2005, 05:32 PM
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.It is the fundamental that stands at the cradle of true art,and true science" [Albert Einstein] from the essay, The World as I See It. The beauty of the game,is the challenge of the art,and science involved playing on a real table,against a real person. What you have is a tool,and no art,or science,or emotion.

Patrick
05-30-2005, 05:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.It is the fundamental that stands at the cradle of true art,and true science" [Albert Einstein] from the essay, The World as I See It. The beauty of the game,is the challenge of the art,and science involved playing on a real table,against a real person. What you have is a tool,and no art,or science,or emotion. <hr /></blockquote>After you reach perfection of perfection (virtual) it is time to practice perfection of imperfection (real). Practicing real pool too early is just stupid.

Virtual and real are not that different, they are both "digital" where the particle size is the limit in real pool, it can be mastered by logic just like virtual pool. Both real and virtual are knowledge of the rules (physics), virtual can be programmed to match the rules of real life plus you can improve it by making the equipment perfect so you can focus on improving your skill instead of being afraid that the imperfect table messes up your brain! I don't know about you, but I for sure don't want a messed up brain even if it would give happiness.

The only time something is mysterious is if you are ignorant, do you want to be ignorant and stupid? It is like being a monkey and being impressed of the spin on the cueball, WOW how did that happen? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I guess the apes think of it as an art like you. If that makes you happy then keep that state of mind, it doesn't work for me though...I wan't to understand everything and reach Truth and perfection, nothing will stop me, only myself if I choose to!

Cane
05-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Patrick, No, I wasn't saying you should play on TV, what I was saying is that estimates place between 35,000,000 and 50,000,000 REAL people playing and enjoying REAL pool. You have a long row to hoe (if you aren't familiar with this saying, it means a "difficult and time consuming task") to convince that massive group of people who enjoy billiards as a recreational sport that they're better off sitting on the edge of the sofa with a game controller playing a computer game. What I don't think you understand about us (that being the people who love to play on a real table) is that we love the real game for several reasons. We enjoy the challenge to our ability presented by everchanging conditions. We enjoy the thrill of competitive gamesmanship in a real atmosphere. We enjoy the emotion of victory against a real opponent. We enjoy the friendships and commaraderie we've built with our friends in the league and tournament environments. We LOVE to play real pool and see the real ball drop into the real pocket.

I'm a bamboo rodmaker by profession. You know, a few decades ago, the bamboo rodmaking world was diminished by the invention of fiberglas, boron and then several generations of graphite composites, but bamboo endured. Why did it endure? Because the composites industry , by their own admission were trying to do nothing more than offer a cheap imitation of the action and feel of a bamboo fly rod. They never have accomplished that goal. I feel like the same thing will happen with Virtual Pool. It is trying to give people a cheap alternative to the "real thing". There are some, who enjoy it, that may never enjoy real pool, but the purists of the sport will always be in the pool rooms and bars enjoying the real experience and real emotion of the game.

Steve,

What you have to understand is that there is a contingent of people in this world that require perfect conditions to perform, therefore, they will never have the dedication to train themselves to play ANY real game as an art, nor will they admit that those who can play it well can perform it as an artform. In their minds, even the best performers, the world champions, in pool are lacking in ability, because they can't do in real conditions what a virtual beginner can do in perfect conditions on a computer or TV screen. For those people, there are options away from the "real" world of pool, ie, Virtual Pool.

Personally, I see the infinite combinations of variables in REAL pool, such as imperfections and differences in cloth, unlevel tables, difference in Cue Balls, condition of object balls (clean, dirty, chipped, etc), humidity, temperature, etc, as a challenge to my intellect as a pool player. I've played Virtual 3D Pool. It is, in my opinion, a laugh. Anyone that knows anything about aiming a ball can play like a world champion on a screen. I also know many who play V3D pool and play real pool. To a man, with the exception of one of our CCB posters, they will tell you that it's fun, but that it does not compare to real competition on a real table. It takes a combination of intelligence, diligence, imagination and a LOT of practice to play a proficient and quality game of one pocket on a 9 foot table with pro cut pockets. I can see the allure of V3D pool for many. It doesn't take much dedication of any of the above and I really can't see where "practicing" 10 hours a day on a computer or gaming screen would benefit anyone... remember, I bought and played V3D for awhile, and found absolutely no challenge in it whatsoever. Not only that, but I've never seen anyone break out into a cold sweat or get the shakes playing virtual pool. Real pool is a real game that requires real skills and real nerve...

Later,
Bob (just finished my morning practice session on a REAL table, after all, I have a REAL tournament this afternoon, where I'll enjoy REAL conversastion and REAL fellowship with REAL friends and REAL competitors)

Drop1
05-30-2005, 01:23 PM
"Nothing will stop me,only myself." The Chinese have an expression,that the only sin,is ignorance. I think you exceed it with your vanity,and it is obvious you have stopped your self. Let me know,when you know evey thing. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

nhp
05-30-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are saying that the top gamers never need a warm-up!!??? The best Quake3 player in the world practices 10 hours per day. I'm sure he would be very offended after reading your post.

In Virtual Pool 3 you need a shorter warm-up than in real life, because the table is perfect so needing to get used to the table isn't an issue. <hr /></blockquote>

There is a difference between practicing and warming up, just like there is a difference between warm-up exercises and regular exercises. Whats going on man, I thought you were all-knowing?

Popcorn
05-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Uh, you are arguing with Patrick.

Drop1
05-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Popcorn, You are right.We should stick to pool on this forum,and ignore people that lack the common social imminities, referring to others as monkeys. I promise not to say anything again to the anal retentive,pubesent ignorant bore. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thepoolnerd
05-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Do you think that Patrick's return to the board and the release of the Star Wars movie a couple of weeks ago may have something to do with each other? My best guess is that he got bored after 2 weeks of light saber sparring with Ewoks and Yodas behind the local theater, called mom for a ride home, stripped off his Chewbacca outfit and started posting again.

Drop1
05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Poolnerd, We have to be kind to Patrick. However,I think the Pope would reverse his position on birth control,if he could spend some time with Patrick. Um maybe it is the Star Wars thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick
05-31-2005, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
You are saying that the top gamers never need a warm-up!!??? The best Quake3 player in the world practices 10 hours per day. I'm sure he would be very offended after reading your post.

In Virtual Pool 3 you need a shorter warm-up than in real life, because the table is perfect so needing to get used to the table isn't an issue. <hr /></blockquote>

There is a difference between practicing and warming up, just like there is a difference between warm-up exercises and regular exercises. Whats going on man, I thought you were all-knowing? <hr /></blockquote>
I meant if he practices 10 hours per day he surely must be good enough to benefit from warming up! Do you ever see average computer users performing warm-up exercises with the mouse!? If you only play computer games for fun a couple hours per day you are not taking it seriously enough. I am talking about THE HIGHEST LEVEL, you always NEED warm-up to perform at your highest level, it doesn't matter what your skill level is, a warm-up will always make you play better even if you notice it or not!

Patrick
05-31-2005, 01:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thepoolnerd:</font><hr> Do you think that Patrick's return to the board and the release of the Star Wars movie a couple of weeks ago may have something to do with each other? My best guess is that he got bored after 2 weeks of light saber sparring with Ewoks and Yodas behind the local theater, called mom for a ride home, stripped off his Chewbacca outfit and started posting again. <hr /></blockquote>I have only watched 1 Star Wars movie and it was very stupid. Everyone who watches Sci-Fi movies are ignorant and stupid, they actually believe the things are true? The stuff in the movies are decades old theories that are not true today. But if you are ignorant you could enjoy Sci-Fi movies.

Patrick
05-31-2005, 01:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Popcorn, You are right.We should stick to pool on this forum,and ignore people that lack the common social imminities, referring to others as monkeys. <hr /></blockquote>You get offended from the TRUTH?? Comparing you humans to monkeys is like comparing me to you humans. How can that be offensive when it is the truth? You get upset when getting reminded of the truth? And then you call me ignorant? The truth is, you humans are stupid and ignorant, and you don't want to admit it. I am stupid and ignorant and I admit it, but you are MUCH WORSE than me. You will keep being stuck if you don't open yourselves up for the TRUTH!! WAKE UP YOU HUMANS!!

I have bad social skills when I speak the truth? It is you who have bad social skills when you are not open and honest, you are just scared little insects hiding behind your stupidity, you should not be AFRAID of mistakes! The more mistakes the better, this will make you angry and sad but it makes you IMPROVE. Accept the truth no matter how sad it makes you, this way you will find happiness in the future and you will not be stuck anymore. Trust me, you will regret it if you don't move on. You want to stay in ignorance? This makes you evil because you don't know that you do things wrong because you are too stupid to realize it, the more bad things you do in ignorance the more you have to pay for it when you are smarter.

Nightstalker
05-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Boy, he sure told us stupid humans. He apparently is a super-genius alien from outer-space who came here to be around us stupid humans because he is so so smart. It all makes perfect sense!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick
05-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Hahahahaha, that post made me laugh! (because it increased the gap between our intelligence levels)

It is obvious YOU ARE NOT A POOL PLAYER AT ALL. You can play any other sport and do the same stupid things you do, the last thing you do is play pool!

If you want to isolate pool, you can ONLY DO IT WITH VIRTUAL POOL! There is no other way, real pool tables are never perfect. If you LOVE pool, you surely never play real life pool EVER!

You want to predict imperfections? Then play real life! Can you see into the cushion and see how soft it is??? I CAN'T, that's why I don't play real life pool!!!

Playing real life without being able to predict imperfections is like playing the lottery or gambling, you are a fan of gambling? You should know that gambling is pointless because it always evens out.

I don't want to predict imperfections until I play perfect pool, which will never happen with a HUMAN body. ALL HUMANS who play real life pool ARE NOT TRUE POOL PLAYERS, they are stupid and ignorant for believing they are! The TRUE pool players are those who ISOLATE pool completely for the game it is! You don't know what pool is? POOL IS LOGIC AND INTELLIGENCE, it is math and visual estimation. Take away speed control and cuestick...it is still pool! POOL IS A MENTAL GAME ONLY, true pool is not a physical thing at all! It should all be controlled with the mind, in the future there will be no mouse to control the speed of the cueball, EVERYTHING will be controlled with your mind, THIS IS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. All computer games are limited by the accuracy of your hand, it will always be the weakness, you think the stroke is pool? You could not be more wrong, if you want to practice the stroke, you don't need a pool table at all, it is not pool, it is just "Stroke", remove tip and ferrule of cue, it is still "Stroke", it has nothing to do with pool.

So now you know pool is a pure mental game, which means I am the ONLY TRUE POOL PLAYER IN THE WORLD. It is the Truth and you know it deep inside, will you open yourselves up to admit it or will you just block it inside? If you truly love pool you will let it come out.

That was my explanation for stupid people which I don't agree is the complete Truth, I won't waste my time or yours explaining what you don't understand.

Nightstalker
05-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Truly you have a dizzying intellect, no human on Earth could possibly grasp the concepts which you so easily know to be true. Virtual Pool is the only real pool game, period. We better accept it folks, because Patrick is the uber-alien sent from space to teach humans things that we cannot even begin to understand!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick
05-31-2005, 02:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> Boy, he sure told us stupid humans. He apparently is a super-genius alien from outer-space who came here to be around us stupid humans because he is so so smart. It all makes perfect sense!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>I have come here to teach you humans. You have no idea who I am until you reach the same level as me. Jesus Christ is very stupid compared to me, like a little insect.

SPetty
05-31-2005, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr>So now you know pool is a pure mental game, which means I am the ONLY TRUE POOL PLAYER IN THE WORLD. <hr /></blockquote>Patrick, this discussion board is NOT for TRUE POOL PLAYERS. This discussion board is for human people who play pool in the real world, imperfections and all. There is nothing you can teach us because we're so stupid, so maybe you should stop trying. No matter how much you write, we will not understand. So just stop.

Patrick
05-31-2005, 02:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> Truly you have a dizzying intellect, no human on Earth could possibly grasp the concepts which you so easily know to be true. Virtual Pool is the only real pool game, period. We better accept it folks, because Patrick is the uber-alien sent from space to teach humans things that we cannot even begin to understand!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>This is almost true except the smiley at the end.

It is no different being 1000000 light years away in another place than on Earth, it is still Universe with the same rules (physics). I am not from the Universe, I am from a place where I am not limited by any rules at all! You don't even understand that Universe is a prison? Universe comes with ignorance which makes you want to stay in the prison, don't you see how wrong it is? It is like a disease, it is not that humans are infected with a disease, it is that HUMANS ARE THE DISEASE, everything in the Universe is the disease! And the disease will want everything to stay by pain which makes killing yourself feel bad which is the opposite of what it is! I am IMMUNE in the Universe and I AM THE CURE. I can not reveal the goal of my mission because the disease (humans) will try to prevent me from completing it!

Thunderduck
05-31-2005, 02:26 PM
Patrick, are you being serious? I think you've spent too much time in Big T's basement...

Patrick
05-31-2005, 02:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr>So now you know pool is a pure mental game, which means I am the ONLY TRUE POOL PLAYER IN THE WORLD. <hr /></blockquote>Patrick, this discussion board is NOT for TRUE POOL PLAYERS. This discussion board is for human people who play pool in the real world, imperfections and all. There is nothing you can teach us because we're so stupid, so maybe you should stop trying. No matter how much you write, we will not understand. So just stop. <hr /></blockquote>I see. I should have realized earlier; "Cue Chalk Board". Chalk is not pool, what am I doing here? Good that you finally understand.

Patrick
05-31-2005, 02:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> Patrick, are you being serious? I think you've spent too much time in Big T's basement... <hr /></blockquote>Yes, I am dead serious. Virtual Pool 3 is a weak simulator BUT MUCH BETTER THAN REAL LIFE POOL for speed control and aiming! Plus you will never get a kick due to dirty balls, everything is consistent and perfect in a virtual environment. When the simulator becomes perfect, who wants to keep playing real pool if you are scared of things beyond your control? It is like playing chess and the referee takes a piece off your board. In a virtual environment you know all possibilities, this is the way it is supposed to be!

The best simulator is where everything looks and feels like real life but you can remove the variables you choose, like pinpoint gravity where only you lose gravity and you can move around the table with your mind and you can teleport. If you want a cue, fine, you can set the cue moving by your mind and aim it, you can add some speed to the cue and fine tune it, the cue is levitating all this time and stroking back and forth, when the cue aiming, angle, spin and speed look good, you say the command that releases the cue and you can witness the result from anywhere around the table. This is complete freedom, this is TRUE POOL.

SPetty
05-31-2005, 02:48 PM
You know, humans invented and created the computer that you play the game on. Humans invented the game of pool. Humans wrote the algorithms and software for Virtual Pool.

Yes, now you're going to say that's why it's not good - but you're telling us that it is good and it's the only way to play TRUE POOL. Huh. True Pool that was created by humans. Who woulda thunk it? Now stop it.

Patrick
05-31-2005, 02:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> You know, humans invented and created the computer that you play the game on. Humans invented the game of pool. Humans wrote the algorithms and software for Virtual Pool.

Yes, now you're going to say that's why it's not good - but you're telling us that it is good and it's the only way to play TRUE POOL. Huh. True Pool that was created by humans. Who woulda thunk it? Now stop it. <hr /></blockquote>Virtual Pool 3 is not even close to True Pool because it is made by humans, I have plans to create True Pool simulator, but human programming language is inferior, so I have to create my own perfect programming language, which is not really a language, it is perfect logic with no flaws and bugs at all.

What I said is that Virtual Pool 3 is much better than real life pool. Now stop it.

BoroNut
05-31-2005, 03:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> The best simulator is where everything looks and feels like real life ...<hr /></blockquote>

Er... but it doesn't. Pressing your thumbs doesn't feel anything like stroking a cue, or flying a plane, or stealing cars, or combatting mortally, or shooting alien spaceships. It just rearranges pixels on a screen Patrick.

Perhaps you think the virtual porn you watch is better than a knobbing a real live girl. Maybe you'll find out how wrong you are one day. Don't worry how ugly she is either, it will still be infinitely superior. Don't let the acne and scabby skin get in the way of you enjoying the experience, after all, if it's that bad she could always put a bag over your head.

Boro Nut

Patrick
05-31-2005, 03:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BoroNut:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> The best simulator is where everything looks and feels like real life ...<hr /></blockquote>

Er... but it doesn't. Pressing your thumbs doesn't feel anything like stroking a cue, or flying a plane, or stealing cars, or combatting mortally, or shooting alien spaceships. It just rearranges pixels on a screen Patrick.

Perhaps you think the virtual porn you watch is better than a knobbing a real live girl. Maybe you'll find out how wrong you are one day. Don't worry how ugly she is either, it will still be infinitely superior. Don't let the acne and scabby skin get in the way of you enjoying the experience, after all, if it's that bad she could always put a bag over your head.

Boro Nut <hr /></blockquote>Pressing thumbs is with controllers for VIDEO GAMES, the controller is VERY BAD. If you play computer games with a mouse you will see the accuracy that is possible with it!

I have an old video of me as a beginner at shooter games that shows that: ftp://poollogics.is-a-geek.net:22163/nonpool/daze/One.practicing.25sec.(2004.09.22).Daze.Tournament. XviD-PooLLogicS.avi 430 KB

This is with MX700 with maximum sensitivity. As you can see 99% accuracy is possible at this &lt;500ms speed. If you would use a video game controller with a thumb joystick it would be 99% at about 3000ms speed.

Patrick
05-31-2005, 04:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BoroNut:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr>Perhaps you think the virtual porn you watch is better than a knobbing a real live girl. Maybe you'll find out how wrong you are one day. Don't worry how ugly she is either, it will still be infinitely superior. Don't let the acne and scabby skin get in the way of you enjoying the experience, after all, if it's that bad she could always put a bag over your head.

Boro Nut <hr /></blockquote>My hormones are decreased so I don't get any interference in my mission, this affects muscle growth also. I still have to release the fluid from my body once per week though.

I am not attracted to intestines of humans. That is what they are, there is just a protective layer of skin hiding the truth. If you like humans you are ignorant and stupid. If you mix the human in a blender do you still want to have sex with it?

Kato
05-31-2005, 05:42 PM
What can I say? He cracks me up.

R.J.

Thunderduck
05-31-2005, 07:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> Patrick, are you being serious? I think you've spent too much time in Big T's basement... <hr /></blockquote>Yes, I am dead serious. Virtual Pool 3 is a weak simulator BUT MUCH BETTER THAN REAL LIFE POOL for speed control and aiming! Plus you will never get a kick due to dirty balls, everything is consistent and perfect in a virtual environment. When the simulator becomes perfect, who wants to keep playing real pool if you are scared of things beyond your control? It is like playing chess and the referee takes a piece off your board. In a virtual environment you know all possibilities, this is the way it is supposed to be!

The best simulator is where everything looks and feels like real life but you can remove the variables you choose, like pinpoint gravity where only you lose gravity and you can move around the table with your mind and you can teleport. If you want a cue, fine, you can set the cue moving by your mind and aim it, you can add some speed to the cue and fine tune it, the cue is levitating all this time and stroking back and forth, when the cue aiming, angle, spin and speed look good, you say the command that releases the cue and you can witness the result from anywhere around the table. This is complete freedom, this is TRUE POOL. <hr /></blockquote>

OK, if you prefer computer pool to real life pool, I suppose you're entitled to your opinion... whatever makes you happy... who are we to infringe on your tastes? I prefer the actual thing to a simulation, because it is more challenging, better exercise, more social, more of everything... and it causes my back to ache /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Patrick
05-31-2005, 09:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> I prefer the actual thing to a simulation, because it is more challenging, better exercise, more social, more of everything... and it causes my back to ache /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>I can think of many things you can get all of those.

Thunderduck
05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> I prefer the actual thing to a simulation, because it is more challenging, better exercise, more social, more of everything... and it causes my back to ache /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>I can think of many things you can get all of those. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, and none of them involve a computer...

Patrick
06-01-2005, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Poolnerd, We have to be kind to Patrick. However,I think the Pope would reverse his position on birth control,if he could spend some time with Patrick. Um maybe it is the Star Wars thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>How do you know about my mission?

Nightstalker
06-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Your mission is to die. You were born/created/whatever and soon you will perish. It is the way of the force. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick
06-01-2005, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> "Nothing will stop me,only myself." The Chinese have an expression,that the only sin,is ignorance. I think you exceed it with your vanity,and it is obvious you have stopped your self. Let me know,when you know evey thing.<hr /></blockquote><hr /></blockquote>Failure is impossible if you truly want something to happen. Eventually it will always succeed if you want it to! You have very limited thinking with "One lifetime and it's over"! It is impossible for existence to "stop existing", there is no beginning or end in existence. Everything exists and will always exist, everything is happening at once!! Humans are just ignorant and narrow minded and they are stuck inside an illusion that that there is "time" and things are limited.

Patrick
06-01-2005, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> Your mission is to die. You were born/created/whatever and soon you will perish. It is the way of the force. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>You made death threat??

BoroNut
06-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Patrick. Why don't you just write a programme that plays pool flawlessly every time you switch it on, far more accurately than you could ever hope. That way it would be just as pointless but would leave both your hands free for masturbating.

Boro Nut

Patrick
06-01-2005, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BoroNut:</font><hr> Patrick. Why don't you just write a programme that plays pool flawlessly every time you switch it on, far more accurately than you could ever hope. That way it would be just as pointless but would leave both your hands free for masturbating.

Boro Nut <hr /></blockquote>That's a good idea. You can choose how much of the computer you are controlling, at first the computer is controlling every movement of the cue (aim, spin, speed, angle), then you can "join" it and start controlling it, the computer "fixes" what you do wrong. When you get better you control more and more until you don't need any help of the computer at all, this is the time when you are playing perfect pool all by yourself! This of course will never happen but it will be very close.

This computer brainwashing program is the best way to improve at pool. You could even do it subconsciously while you sleep, just insert some wires into your brain and load the software with the sport or game that you want (chess, pool, shooter games etc.).

DvB
06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Patrick, see if you can find yourself:

Patrick Interviewed by Triumph (http://www.milkandcookies.com/stuff/triumphvsw.asx)

Patrick
06-01-2005, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DvB:</font><hr> Patrick, see if you can find yourself:

Patrick Interviewed by Triumph (http://www.milkandcookies.com/stuff/triumphvsw.asx) <hr /></blockquote>Sports fans are the same as Sci-fi fans but more violent and evil. At least the Sci-fi fans are searching for "some" Truth (NASA) while the sports fans are just ignorant and narrow minded and serve no purpose at all.

Thunderduck
06-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Patrick, have you ever kissed a girl?

wolfdancer
06-01-2005, 02:48 PM
<font color="blue"> </font color> Patrick, you may be obsolete( in a pool discussion ), and the proof is here, in your post.
[ QUOTE ]
It is obvious YOU ARE NOT A POOL PLAYER AT ALL. You can play any other sport and do the same stupid things you do, the last thing you do is play pool! <hr /></blockquote>
That paragraph makes no sense...and you claim to be intelligent? [ QUOTE ]
Hahahahaha, that post made me laugh! (because it increased the gap between our intelligence levels) <hr /></blockquote>
Perhaps in the opposite way that you think
[ QUOTE ]
That was my explanation for stupid people which I don't agree is the complete Truth, I won't waste my time or yours explaining what you don't understand <hr /></blockquote>
Your explanation, which I didn't copy....is a classic example of circular reasoning.....something an intelligent person would not attempt to do, to bolster his cause
AND you're getting a little "testy" here...you're only entertaining when you keep the insults out.
The variables in pool, which you disdain, are what makes the game even more challenging. Think of the sun in an outfielders eye....the sudden gust of wind for the golfer...the weather and temp....it's why they play football outdoors in Green Bay.
You may be a VP champion....but obviously you can't handle the imperfections of real pool, and you are wasting your time, and everybody else's here, by trying to challenge and degrade their preference for pool, as opposed to that game designed for 12 and under, that you play.
If you were really an intelligent alien life force.....why don't you do alien intelligent stuff, like making crop circles, or abducting Wendy's employees in W. Va. for testing?
Have you ever posted anything outside of VP, or your intelligence claims?
AND, do your parents know that you are posting on the internet, unsupervised?

Patrick
06-01-2005, 04:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr><blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr>That was my explanation for stupid people which I don't agree is the complete Truth, I won't waste my time or yours explaining what you don't understand <hr /></blockquote>
Your explanation, which I didn't copy....is a classic example of circular reasoning.....something an intelligent person would not attempt to do, to bolster his cause
AND you're getting a little "testy" here...you're only entertaining when you keep the insults out.
<hr /></blockquote>"There is a different correct answer for each level of understanding" - One

There is no point in explaining something to someone who is not smart enough to understand, you always have to explain it 1 level higher than theirs, this way they can think about it and it eventually makes sense to them. But if you explain the knowledge that is 10 levels higher it doesn't make sense to them at all: There is no pool, it is just something with many variables (table, balls, pockets) that was given its name by humans. Which means, I am not really a pool player. This is confusing to people who read this. In the highest level, real pool and virtual pool are the same, only the variables separates them. It is still about predicting the variables. Which means I am not a pool player, I am someone who predicts the future with the variables that are the easiest. If you try to predict the variables you cannot predict (seeing softness of cushion) then it is up to luck. You should be able to predict everything and not leave anything to luck, if you like luck, play the lottery!

Nightstalker
06-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Patrick, didn't your mommy tell you to stay away from drugs? You would be wise to give up the drugs and enroll yourself into the nearest drug rehabilitation center.

nhp
06-02-2005, 02:39 AM
PATRICK, since you have travelled across galaxies, can you please explain to us why pulsars blink so rappidly? You must have some first hand experience with this.

Qtec
06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
after 2 hours of practice with MX1000, you can do it too!
<hr /></blockquote>
why would anybody want to?
Do you think that if you had a ski simulator, you could ,first time on REAL snow, compete in a REAL ski competition?
Without killing yourself?
You might be real good in some virtual fight game ,[ you know the arcade games]or even on a PC, but do you really think you would stand any chance against a real fighter?. A Pro who had trained his whole life for his sport?
Dont make me laugh.
Do you know the feeling you get when you take on a long draw and hit it perfectly? You FEEL it instantly? Thats the diference.
Pool involves feelings, sensations and emotions.

You talk about truth. The truth is, everything changes. Nothing stays the same. Except for pc games, which makes them imperfect! They are supposed to replicate real life but they cant.
What chalk do you use on VP3?
What kind of tip?
Do you prefer Mecci or ................etc...........what wieght is your cue? Do you prefer red dot or blue dot Qballs? Simonis........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......?

in a real tournament, you play on different tables, some are slow , some are fast! On some, the lighting is good and on others you cant see a G-dam thing. or you have a table next to the bar, or the toilet, etc, etc.....need I go on ?
Q..........wast of time

BoroNut
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ..or you have a table next to the bar, or the toilet, etc, etc.....need I go on ?<hr /></blockquote>

I suppose it depends on how recently you ate.

Boro Nut

thepoolnerd
06-02-2005, 06:21 PM
I've never seen or played of pool on computers, but I will bet I can easily think of a dozen shots that can be easily made on a pool table and can't be replicated on your silly computer game.