PDA

View Full Version : "Stranger?"

Kato
02-21-2002, 12:04 PM
What is the "Stranger" designation next your post name? I saw somebody with a "Newbie" designation. What's up with this?

R.J.~~~~feeling around like the comp illiterate I am.

Ken
02-21-2002, 12:08 PM
The board changes your category depending on the number of times you post. I think 25 posts gets you to newbie. This is in the FAQs I think. It should be based on the number of new topics you post since that is a better qauge of your contribution to the board.

Kato
02-21-2002, 12:31 PM
Guess I better go read the FAQ's section. I used to just be a regular, now I am stranger. I am sad. I will get over it.

R.J.~~~slow learner, quick healer.

SPetty
02-21-2002, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

It should be based on the number of new topics you post since that is a better qauge of your contribution to the board.

<hr></blockquote>

Hi Ken,

I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement! There are many many outstanding contributers who rarely, if ever, start a post, but who almost always have keen insight and knowledge to share when responding.

I'm just afraid that people will make more less useful posts just to see their catagory name change. (Like this one? I think I have one more to go until my category changes...)

TomBrooklyn
02-21-2002, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

What is the "Stranger" designation next your post name? I saw somebody with a "Newbie" designation. What's up with this?

<hr></blockquote>

Actually, I think it means you are considered to be, in comparison to other posters, to be out of the ordinary, or more unusual or unnatural.

Kato
02-21-2002, 04:28 PM
Wait just a second. I'm not unusual, I'm normal. It's quite possible that all around me are not normal.

R.J.

cheesemouse
02-21-2002, 04:35 PM
Kato,
/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif We only see the light because of the darkness around it, right Kato?

Tom_In_Cincy
02-21-2002, 05:45 PM
From the FAQ button on this NEW CCB

0 stranger
25 newbie
50 journeyman
100 member
200 enthusiast
400 addict
700 old hand
1200 veteran
1600 Pooh-Bah
2500 Carpal Tunnel

Kato
02-22-2002, 09:22 AM
Jeez, so according to this I was probably never even a regular!!!!!!

Oh Well.

R.J.

Tom_In_Cincy
02-22-2002, 10:12 PM
Regular.. Nerver.. but MEMBER.. only after 100 posts?

Tom_In_Cincy
02-22-2002, 10:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ken:</font><hr> The board changes your category depending on the number of times you post. I think 25 posts gets you to newbie. This is in the FAQs I think. It should be based on the number of new topics you post since that is a better qauge of your contribution to the board. <hr></blockquote>

IMO it is a better gauge of the number of posts, rather than the contribution..