PDA

View Full Version : What is the best laminated layered tip?

disturbed_won
05-29-2005, 05:49 PM
I was just wondering this and what is the best overall?

Drop1
05-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Shark skin

Cane
05-30-2005, 10:10 AM
There really is no "best" one, IMO. I prefer Moori III quicks, but that's just me. I also have a cue that has med Talismans on it... hit just as well with it. Also have a cue that has Triangles on it.

The only reason I prefer the Moori is that I've NEVER had a Moori tip that I've had trouble with. They hold their shape, they don't mushroom, they require minimal maintenance and they last a long time. Tip preference is just that... preference. Find what you like and use it.

Later,
Bob

disturbed_won
05-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah i found a tip that I like and its a Triangle they shoot great has never mushroomed and i have been playing with it for 11 months and its awesome. It could go on a little longer i just wanna try this Tiger Everest that I have just ordered i played with my friends Cuetec (I also shoot with one) with a Tiger Sniper on it and it shoots good i just waned to try a leather tip and see what all the fuss is about.

Billy_Bob
05-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Might want to check out Moori III tips. These are made of pig skin. They come in s (soft), m (medium), and Q (hard).

I have noticed that leather tips have little hair like things sticking up - sort of like shag carpeting. But the pig skin tips (Moori) do not - sort of like low pile carpeting.

I feel that this gets more friction on the cue ball. Also I feel that a Moori III Q (hard) tip plays just like a Moori III S (soft) tip so far as grabbing the cue ball is concerned.

So I have experimented with different tips in the past, found that soft tips will "grab" the cue ball better, but one hard hit with a soft tip and it deforms. And with a hard tip, it keeps its shape (nickel, dime) longer and I don't need to re-shape it very often - tip lasts longer.

So I feel that a Moori III Q (hard) tip gives me the best of both worlds. Best grab on the cue ball and a long lasting tip. Get them at the following link...
http://www.cuestik.com/cuestik/catalog.cfm?dest=dir&linkid=389&linkon=subsection

Billy_Bob
05-30-2005, 11:03 AM
BTW...

-I use a quarter shaped Tiger break/jump tip on my breaking cue.
-I use a dime shaped phenolic tip on my jump cue.
-And I use a nickel shaped Triangle on my masse' cue.
-(Dime shaped Moori III Q on playing cue.)

Troy
05-30-2005, 07:19 PM
They are all leather unless it's synthetic made specifically for a break or jump cue.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote disturbed_won:</font><hr>...i just waned to try a leather tip... <hr /></blockquote>

disturbed_won
05-30-2005, 07:36 PM
whats the best that you have used?

Cueless Joey
05-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Kamui and Everest are the other two very very good lam'd tips imo.

catscradle
05-31-2005, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Kamui and Everest are the other two very very good lam'd tips imo. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm a Moori soft fan, but recently tried an Everest and found that quite satisfactory also.

Nightstalker
05-31-2005, 11:28 AM
I'd try a Kamui at some point, they seem like a good tip with positive feedback.

disturbed_won
05-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah that ill try i was thinking about tring a Talisman WB its a little harder i like the harder tip on my cue......