PDA

View Full Version : Any Places in Austin Texas for good Cue TIPS?

disturbed_won
05-29-2005, 09:36 PM
I was just wondering about stopping somewhere in Austin next time i went home to pick up some tips or anywhere along I35 from Waco to George West or when it hits San Antonio's I37

Billy_Bob
05-29-2005, 09:46 PM
I get all my tips on the internet. I use a Moori III Q (hard tip) and these are not sold locally.

Here are a few links to buy tips and a google.com link for more....

http://www.cuestik.com/cuestik/catalog.cfm?dest=dir&linkon=section&linkid=219

http://www.cuesmith.com/main/accessories/tips_ferrules/index.php

http://www.seyberts.com/cue_accessories/cuetips/index.htm

http://www.poolndarts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/Catalog.Category/categoryID/71.cfm?CFID=8084127&CFTOKEN=28376841

More tips...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=billiards+cue+tips

Tip Repair Tools...
http://www.poolndarts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/Catalog.Category/categoryID/46.cfm?CFID=8084127&CFTOKEN=28376841

disturbed_won
05-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the links i use http://www.pooldawg.com/shop/customer/home.php its the cheapest place after shipping is added and i have looked everywhere on the net...

UTAddb
05-29-2005, 10:37 PM
I can't tell you about buying tips but the best tip putter onners are at A-Tex billiards on burnet but make sure you get Moe to do it, he's the best in town.

Sid_Vicious
05-30-2005, 05:55 AM
If you really want the best tip install, bar-none, Spiderman in Dallas is The Man! I am not biased here even though we are friends, he simply makes his installs a piece of art, and IMO is selling his services too cheaply. In all seriousness, anyone visiting in the DFW area and needing a tip is missing out if they do not at least take a look at one of his installs through an eye loupe. You might say, "Hey it's just a tip and glue, no big deal." Well, for playability maybe that's true, but Spidey's final products are intensely engineered and given what I call a caviar touch of elegance, all done at the local tip install prices, or less than the premadonna installers whom the veterans want to stick with for their tip replacements. Jm2c...sid~~~installs tips also and am close to the same quality as Spidey, but not that close

BTW How do I insert Jpegs into my post? I'd like to show a few of his installs. sv

Popcorn
05-30-2005, 08:17 AM
To insert a picture you have to have it uploaded on a website.
I use this one it is free to host pictures I want to put on here. It only takes a minute to sign up.
http://www.imagestation.com/index.html

UTAddb
05-30-2005, 02:29 PM
I'll second that, although Moe is the best guy in Austin, Spiderman undoubtedly does the best job I've ever seen. The care he takes is amazing.

disturbed_won
05-30-2005, 05:05 PM
I just need to buy the tip i dont need it put on i do it myself and have my own business in doing so.....

1pRoscoe
05-31-2005, 05:31 AM
What are you looking for? I live in Austin and have quite a supply of my own tips.

Next time you are in the area, hit me up, I'd be happy to play you. (I actually live in Round Rock, btw)

Rackin_Zack
05-31-2005, 12:00 PM
I don't know Roscoe, it doesn't sound like you'd have a chance against him. He's a world beater for sure.

1pRoscoe
05-31-2005, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rackin_Zack:</font><hr> I don't know Roscoe, it doesn't sound like you'd have a chance against him. He's a world beater for sure. <hr /></blockquote>

hey, you never can tell! I don't play too bad myself... Hell, for the right $$, I'll even drive up to Waco and play on his home turf, provided it is the Click's behind the mall off of Hwy 6.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

disturbed_won
05-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah i play down there from time to time and what kinda cue tips you have for sale here man?

1pRoscoe
06-01-2005, 04:18 AM
I have some Tiger mediums and some various Moori III tips, soon to have a few Talisman as well....

Tell you what - come shoot me some 9ball or one pocket and I'll give you one free.

Would be nice to meet another person from CCB.

SPetty
06-01-2005, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1pRoscoe:</font><hr> Would be nice to meet another person from CCB. <hr /></blockquote>You can meet several if you can make it up to the CCB Chili CookOff and Tamale Eating and Pool Playing Weekend June 25... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1pRoscoe
06-01-2005, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1pRoscoe:</font><hr> Would be nice to meet another person from CCB. <hr /></blockquote>You can meet several if you can make it up to the CCB Chili CookOff and Tamale Eating and Pool Playing Weekend June 25... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Don't rub it in..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Popcorn
06-01-2005, 07:34 AM
What are you going to do if the "Disturbed_won" shows up? Have you had any guests you wanted to tell not to come back yet? We are sure on different ends of the spectrum, I live behind gates with no trespassing signs.

SPetty
06-01-2005, 07:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> What are you going to do if the "Disturbed_won" shows up? Have you had any guests you wanted to tell not to come back yet? We are sure on different ends of the spectrum, I live behind gates with no trespassing signs. <hr /></blockquote>"Disturbed_won" is not invited - way too immature and too much of a loose cannon. 1pRoscoe is invited, but can't seem to find the time in his busy schedule. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So far, so good.

P.S. I, too, live behind gates with no trespassing signs. We're more alike than you know.

1pRoscoe
06-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Fortunately it's a month out, I'll see what I can pull off.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Glad to know I'm special.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

btw - Disturbed won - tell you what... drive down here and I'll give you several Tiger tips... I'll also play you some 9ball or one pocket, your choice. $20 a game or $100 sets, and I'll even give you the breaks in 9ball + the call 8, or play you 9:7 one pocket and give you breaks as well.

Now how can you turn that down?

Deeman2
06-01-2005, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> . I, too, live behind gates with no trespassing signs. We're more alike than you know. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Plus you are better armed, you have "watch chickens" and it takes one hell of a map to find you. </font color>

Deeman

Rackin_Zack
06-01-2005, 09:08 AM
That's a hell of a lot of weight to give a world champion!

Scott Lee
06-01-2005, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <font color="blue">

it takes one hell of a map to find you. </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Heck Dee...Once you get to T-town you should just be able to follow your nose...wafting odors of chili and all! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

disturbed_won
06-02-2005, 03:38 PM
I might just have to do that Rosco the tips that is i dont usually play on my way home in case of emergency and whatnot but ill stop through on the way through Austin how bout the 9th thats when ill be coming through there...

1pRoscoe
06-03-2005, 05:57 AM
I got your PM on the other board, I let you know what all I have....

Don't worry about playing, Nit - it's all good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman2
06-03-2005, 06:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1pRoscoe:</font><hr> I got your PM on the other board, I let you know what all I have....

Don't worry about playing, Nit - it's all good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> I wonder if he even knows what it means? </font color>

Deeman
booked too many losses to be a nit....

disturbed_won
06-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Whats a Nit?

Deeman2
06-03-2005, 01:50 PM
I thought so.

Deeman

Nightstalker
06-03-2005, 08:21 PM
A nit is someone who woofs a good game, but when someone calls his bluff he tucks tail and runs.

Cane
06-04-2005, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Plus you are better armed, you have "watch chickens" and it takes one hell of a map to find you.
Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Dee, Do you think the chickens should get accidentally released so we can involve Wendy in a good dose of Petty Point Chicken Herding??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob

Scott Lee
06-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Holy cow Bob! You should know better! SPetty's chickens "release" themselves! LOL Haven't you seen that rooster way up in the trees next the the chicken coop? That sucker crows in the dark! LOL Like to see 9BG "herd" them though! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott