PDA

View Full Version : Hey "disturbed_won" - Playing since you were 6?

Billy_Bob
05-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi disturbed_won;

Noticed you just signed up. Welcome! I noticed that you said in another thread (topic) that you have been playing since you were 6 years old. I'll bet you are a pretty darn good player!

Have you read anything about Willie Hoppe who also started playing at a young age?

disturbed_won
05-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Yes Sir

I guess i am a good player so my friends say im a bad a*$ I have earned the nickname ESPN at my schools rec. center here at TSTC here in Waco, Texas and i have won state for my college 2 years in a row....And yes i have heard of this man but enligten me as i dont know very much about him i just new he started out at a young age also..........

Billy_Bob
05-29-2005, 10:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote disturbed_won:</font><hr>...I have earned the nickname ESPN...<hr /></blockquote>

I kinda figured that would be the case. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Willie Hoppe also started at the age of 5 or 6. His father was a barber and there was a billiard table in the barber shop. He would climb up on the table at that early age to make shots.

The following link is a good history of billiards by Mike Shamos...
(Scroll down page about 3/4th way down to "From 1878 until 1956" to read about Willie Hoppe.)
http://www.susiecuebilliards.com/Links/billiards%20history.html

I have two books by Willie Hoppe, "Billiards as it should be played" and "Thirty years of billiards". Thirty years of billiards discusses his playing from age 6. These are out of print, but you can find out of print books at the below link...

If not found here, try searching google.com and include the name along with the word "book".
http://used.addall.com

disturbed_won
05-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the info i copied it into microsoft word well its time for me to go to bed it was nice talking to ya i gotta work hard tomorrow i gotta wake up eat and PLAY POOL ALL DAY till 8 at least well ill chat with ya the next time i get on......

disturbed_won
05-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Yes sir I have been playing since I was 6 I started playing in a local bar with my parents and my grandpa (he was always in there playing dominoes everyday) i think we went in there at least 2 - 3 times a week mostly on fridays when my dad got off work from the dealership (hes a mechanic) and thats what i did when my dad was b/s with friends of his or his dads then hed give me a quarter and id rack and hed be over to break and well thats how i got into playing and it continues to this day to be my passion as i am told......