PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking about Chris Cass and his family today

rukiddingme
05-31-2005, 12:23 PM
I am unable to make the memorial but I'm there in spirit.
I hope that a benefit tournament can be organized at Leisure Time Billiards in E. Moline soon. I hope to make that.
Maybe we can do something thru the CCB as well???
ruk

Deeman2
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
If we send flowers or make a donation, P.M. me with an address and amount and I'll forward it. This had to be a tough weekend for them.

Rest in Peace our friend.

Barbara
05-31-2005, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> I am unable to make the memorial but I'm there in spirit. <font color="blue">Ditto.</font color>

I hope that a benefit tournament can be organized at Leisure Time Billiards in E. Moline soon. I hope to make that. <font color="blue">If that happens, I am so there! With a buddy, too!!</font color>

Maybe we can do something thru the CCB as well???
ruk

<font color="blue">I'm hoping that maybe we can take up some kind of collection and send it out to Heide. Also, I'd like to see a thread started about your most memorable meeting/post with CC.</font color>

Barbara

<hr /></blockquote>

SPetty
05-31-2005, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr><font color="blue">I'm hoping that maybe we can take up some kind of collection and send it out to Heide.</font color><hr /></blockquote>I do know from Heide that this illness has put the Aiardo family in financial need, but I didn't know how to bring it up to the CCB.

I'd be pleased to collect PayPal payments if we want to make a CCB donation to Heide and Spike. I would send her the "who" and "how much" list unless you'd prefer to remain anonymous.

Good idea or tacky?

9 Ball Girl
05-31-2005, 01:44 PM
You can count me in. As far as the "who" and "how much" list, I think the "how much" portion of it should remain anonymous.

Brian in VA
05-31-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm in SPetty. When you get the details worked out, let me know.

I agree with Wendy, give them the list of donors but not amounts.

Helping friends and loved ones is never tacky, so long as they understand that we acted from the heart.

Brian in VA

Barbara
05-31-2005, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Good idea or tacky?
<hr /></blockquote>

Good idea. Let's just keep the "how much by whom" private.

Thanks SPetty.

Barbara

ras314
05-31-2005, 01:51 PM
Sounds good to me. I agree with 9BG the "how much" is best left anonymous.

cueball1950
05-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Spetty,, i am in also. i agree that the how much part should be left out,,,spetty, when you figure it out let me know. i don't use paypal so i will have to mail it to you............mike

dg-in-centralpa
05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Count me in as well. I agree with cueball 1950, let the amount out. I also don't do Paypal, but would be willing to send to you by snail mail.

DG

rukiddingme
05-31-2005, 04:24 PM
are there tax consequences with Paypal?
ruk

Barbara
05-31-2005, 04:42 PM
ruk,

Whatever costs are involved with doing Paypal should not come out of SPetty's pockets.

Barbara

Barry
05-31-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm in as well.

Barry

rukiddingme
05-31-2005, 06:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> ruk,

Whatever costs are involved with doing Paypal should not come out of SPetty's pockets.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

I certainly did not mean to infer that it should...
ruk

dmgwalsh
05-31-2005, 10:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr><font color="blue">I'm hoping that maybe we can take up some kind of collection and send it out to Heide.</font color><hr /></blockquote>I do know from Heide that this illness has put the Aiardo family in financial need, but I didn't know how to bring it up to the CCB.

I'd be pleased to collect PayPal payments if we want to make a CCB donation to Heide and Spike. I would send her the "who" and "how much" list unless you'd prefer to remain anonymous.

Good idea or tacky?
<hr /></blockquote>

good idea. once you get something started let us know how we can help.
Dennis

CarolNYC
06-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Spetty,
Im in-let me know!
Carol

Wally_in_Cincy
06-01-2005, 06:23 AM
If you wish to make a paypal donation PM SPetty for the paypal info, unless she wants top publish it here.

Steve Lipsky
06-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Let me know as well.

Thanks,
Steve

Eric.
06-01-2005, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr><font color="blue">I'm hoping that maybe we can take up some kind of collection and send it out to Heide.</font color><hr /></blockquote>I do know from Heide that this illness has put the Aiardo family in financial need, but I didn't know how to bring it up to the CCB.

Good idea or tacky?
<hr /></blockquote>

Count me in too.

Maybe we should just send you a check? That way, all the funds go to Heide, instead of having Paypal fees.

Eric

Wally_in_Cincy
06-01-2005, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Maybe we should just send you a check? That way, all the funds go to Heide, instead of having Paypal fees.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

or just mail it to Heide.

if anybody needs her address to send a card or something send me a PM.

SPetty
06-01-2005, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> That way, all the funds go to Heide, instead of having Paypal fees.<hr /></blockquote>I don't mind covering the PayPal fees. I understand and appreciate the ease of instantly paying via PayPal rather than trying to write a check and finding an envelope and stamp, etc.

I created a separate post (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=195103&amp;page=0&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=2&amp;fpart=1) providing the email address to use to send PayPal payments to. I hope we're generous!

Eric.
06-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks SPetty &amp; Wal. Sounds like this will work out well.

Eric