PDA

View Full Version : CCB tourny for CC???

pooltchr
06-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Many kind people have donated some very nice prizes to our annual tournament at the open. I would like to suggest that. rather than use the prizes for the players, we offer them up as raffle items at the open. I think we could get BB to help out with a huge raffle during the open, and send the proceeds to CC's family. Personally, I play for fun and pride and companionship in the CCB tournement, not the prizes. Anyone else agree?
Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
06-01-2005, 05:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Many kind people have donated some very nice prizes to our annual tournament at the open. I would like to suggest that. rather than use the prizes for the players, we offer them up as raffle items at the open. <hr /></blockquote>

I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe we can raffle off some of disturbed_won's trophies too /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
06-01-2005, 09:14 AM
I just got off the phone with Brady and Barry, and they both said they would support us in doing this if everyone decides to do it.
Steve

mtuckeriii
06-01-2005, 09:21 AM
I'll get the ball rolling and donate a cue to the cause.

dg-in-centralpa
06-01-2005, 09:28 AM
I think this is a good idea.

DG

pooldaddy9
06-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Great idea, Totally agree...

Scott Lee
06-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Steve...Count me in for a half-day lesson ($300 value)!

Scott

Barbara
06-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Steve,

I can donate some bags of nuts.

Barbara

pooltchr
06-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys! Wendy...can you add these items to the prize list? And, I guess I am assuming that this works out for all concerned. I started this thread simply as a suggestion. Wendy and Mike are the ones that actually make the event happen, so it's more like their decision whether or not to actually follow through with the idea.
Steve

9 Ball Girl
06-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm 100% for it and I'm sure everyone else is. My question is, will the donations mentioned in this thread be an addition to what I already have for the tourney or are we making all donations part of the US Open raffle?

pooltchr
06-01-2005, 12:44 PM
My idea was to raffle all the items that were donated to our tournament with the proceeds going to help the cause...Hell, we don't need the prizes, and I would much rather do something to help. Whatever is going to get the most for them.
Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
06-01-2005, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mtuckeriii:</font><hr> I'll get the ball rolling and donate a cue to the cause. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Murray. That's very generous of you.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-01-2005, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> .., we don't need the prizes<hr /></blockquote>

I don't know man. We might want to keep the nuts /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-01-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm with that. With the exception of the 1st and 2nd place trophies, here's what we've gotten so far:

1 $695 Cue-Tech Pool School (http://www.poolschool.info) Tuition - randyg
1 Audrick Custom Cue (Philippines) - cueball1950 (Mike)
1 Butterfly Jump Cue - cueball1950
1 2005 Silver Dollar - cueball1950
1 Guissepe 2x4 Case - LJC_Cues (Luke)

Now adding:

Bags of Nuts - Barbara
1 Cue - mtuckeriii (Murray Tucker, III)
$300 Half Day Scott Lee Lesson - Scott Lee

Is it up to us to decide how much the raffle ticket will cost?

pooltchr
06-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Wendy,
I talked with Brady and Barry today and they said they would support whatever we wanted to do. Barry said he would make announcements over the PA between matches for the raffle to promote ticket sales. I suppose we could get one of the vendors to sell the tickets at their booth. It's pretty much up to us to do it as we see fit. We can do a drawing each day, or however anyone thinks will raise the most money. I haven't even thought of how much tickets should be...the idea just kinda hit me and I posted to get input from everyone else. I really think this could raise some serious money for a great cause. I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Steve

Barbara
06-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Steve,

I would like to be able to suggest a format from lessons learned in a similar situation in the past.

If you could get your own booth from BB on a write-off note for him, this could work.

You could have a table of items to be looked over and the person could fill their info out, and place the ticket in a cup in front of the item. Then you do the draw at the end of the raffle.

But be aware that they may have to be present or pay the shipping costs. Plus, you'd have to share booth time with peoples to take raffle money. But with this way, you can charge different raffle ticket costs for different items.

So people can buy into what they want. I hate it if I buy into a raffle and instead of getting the cue, I get a tip pick.

JAT,

Barbara~~~those poor two Moori tips... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

mtuckeriii
06-14-2005, 05:58 AM
Here are the first pictures of the cue.

http://www.murraytucker.com/chrisc.htm

Sorry the pictures suck. I loaned out my good camera. I'll take some better ones for the next update.

Save your money and buy lots of tickets /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-14-2005, 06:22 AM
Hi Murray. Thanks for your generosity. It's a pretty cue. Check my CCB 4 Tourney/CCB Dinner thread for more details!

Rich R.
06-14-2005, 06:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mtuckeriii:</font><hr>Save your money and buy lots of tickets /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks for the time and effort you are putting into this Murray.
I definitely plan on winning this cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mtuckeriii
06-14-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Murray. Thanks for your generosity. It's a pretty cue. Check my CCB 4 Tourney/CCB Dinner thread for more details! <hr /></blockquote>

I'm trying to work out my schedule so that I might make it to the open for a few days. I'm going to Cozumel in October so I have to budget my time off from work.

Ralph S.
06-14-2005, 11:19 AM
I haven't had the opprtunity to play in any of the CCB tourneys yet, but in reading this I thought maybe this might be worth mention to everyone. How about considering changing the name from the CCB Annual Tournament to the Annual Chris Cass Memorial Tournament? I think this would go along great with the raffle concept you are getting going.

Rich R.
06-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Ralph, we all liked Chris, however, he is not the only CCB member we have lost this past year. Unfortunately, I'm sure there will be more in the future. I believe we should keep the tournament name, as the CCB Tournament.

We will be honoring those that are no longer with us.

cueball1950
06-14-2005, 02:19 PM
I have to agree with rich on this one. i gave CC the man of the year award clock last year. so why not just have a CC man of the year award and we can pich someone every year to get it. and what ever you people decide on the prizes is fine with me....................................mike

Barbara
06-14-2005, 02:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Many kind people have donated some very nice prizes to our annual tournament at the open. I would like to suggest that. rather than use the prizes for the players, we offer them up as raffle items at the open. I think we could get BB to help out with a huge raffle during the open, and send the proceeds to CC's family. Personally, I play for fun and pride and companionship in the CCB tournement, not the prizes. Anyone else agree?
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Steve,

How would you see the raffles set up? Would there be a booth involved to display/hawk/sell the donated items?

Barbara

pooltchr
06-15-2005, 07:46 AM
That would probably be the best way to do it...show the items and sell tickets for separate drawings for each item. That way, people can buy tickets for the prize(s) they really would like.
Steve

Barbara
06-15-2005, 08:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> That would probably be the best way to do it...show the items and sell tickets for separate drawings for each item. That way, people can buy tickets for the prize(s) they really would like.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, but then you'd have to have people man the booth and sell the tickets.

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
06-15-2005, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> That would probably be the best way to do it...show the items and sell tickets for separate drawings for each item. That way, people can buy tickets for the prize(s) they really would like.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>The only thing about that method is that you won't have a lot of sales on "smaller" items. When I did The Big Apple Tourney in '03, we had separate raffles for 3 different cues and 1 had tons of raffles where the other two had very little. Last year's Big Apple Tourney, we displayed what was being raffled off and everyone bought X amount of tickets knowing that they'll win one thing or another should their number be called out.

rukiddingme
06-15-2005, 09:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> That would probably be the best way to do it...show the items and sell tickets for separate drawings for each item. That way, people can buy tickets for the prize(s) they really would like.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>The only thing about that method is that you won't have a lot of sales on "smaller" items. When I did The Big Apple Tourney in '03, we had separate raffles for 3 different cues and 1 had tons of raffles where the other two had very little. Last year's Big Apple Tourney, we displayed what was being raffled off and everyone bought X amount of tickets knowing that they'll win one thing or another should their number be called out. <hr /></blockquote>

FWIW I think that would be the way to do it...
ruk

CarolNYC
06-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Hey Steve,
Just a suggestion-you guys got 3 months,right? till Open-
Any item valued at 100.00+(cues,cases,etc...) is a 10.00 ticket
Any item less than 100.00 is a 50-50 ticket for 1.00/ticket

Make up 1000 tickets for each-so, 10,000+1000=11,000 dollars worth of raffles

You can designate 4 people, 250 tickets each to sell them NOW!!!! Dont wait till the day of the event-whatever is left over,sell at the event-if you rely on making money the day of events, you might not make what you hoped for and you can make much more if you do it in advance!!!!!

I would suggest choosing the item and pulling the ticket,otherwise, things get too complicated-dont need to be present, that kills the sales-from the 50-50 money, use that portion to ship out anything that got to be shipped, the remainder goes to Heide!

3/4 of the money I raised for my charity was raffles-I only had a few weeks-people bought them by the book (e.g.-Fulton Fish Market)imagine what I am going to do for my charity in a few months time!!!!:):):):)

Just a suggestion-ALOT easier to keep track of the raffle money,too!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rukiddingme
06-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Will CCB members that are not going to the US open be eligible to purchase raffle tickets?
ruk

CarolNYC
06-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Hey RUK,
How ya doing?
[ QUOTE ]
Will CCB members that are not going to the US open be eligible to purchase raffle tickets?
ruk <hr /></blockquote>

It should be!!! We all knew him /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The suggestion of chinese auction (pick what raffle you want to buy) and displaying the items is too much! Now people have to be committed to stand at a booth and not only sell the raffles, but more importantly,WATCH THE ITEMS-spoils everyones fun!
Just make a list-value of item next to it and hand the list out!
Take care!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
06-16-2005, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Steve,
Just a suggestion-you guys got 3 months,right? till Open-
Any item valued at 100.00+(cues,cases,etc...) is a 10.00 ticket
Any item less than 100.00 is a 50-50 ticket for 1.00/ticket

Make up 1000 tickets for each-so, 10,000+1000=11,000 dollars worth of raffles

You can designate 4 people, 250 tickets each to sell them NOW!!!! Dont wait till the day of the event-whatever is left over,sell at the event-if you rely on making money the day of events, you might not make what you hoped for and you can make much more if you do it in advance!!!!!

I would suggest choosing the item and pulling the ticket,otherwise, things get too complicated-dont need to be present, that kills the sales-from the 50-50 money, use that portion to ship out anything that got to be shipped, the remainder goes to Heide!

3/4 of the money I raised for my charity was raffles-I only had a few weeks-people bought them by the book (e.g.-Fulton Fish Market)imagine what I am going to do for my charity in a few months time!!!!:):):):)

Just a suggestion-ALOT easier to keep track of the raffle money,too!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

This is a great idea! Anyone have any "ins" with a printer?

Barbara

CarolNYC
06-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey Barb,
I think the roll of 50-50 tickets can be bought at a paper supply store,like Staples or something-custom made ones can be done on-line-

[ QUOTE ]
dont need to be present, that kills the sales <hr /></blockquote>
I just want to clarify this-"dont need to be present to win"

Putting down "need to be present" kills the sales!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rukiddingme
10-02-2005, 05:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mtuckeriii:</font><hr> I'll get the ball rolling and donate a cue to the cause. <hr /></blockquote>

Is this the cue at that was won at the CCB tourney?
How much money was raised for the Chris Cass Memorial Fund at the CCB tourney and the open??????
ruk

rukiddingme
10-02-2005, 05:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm with that. With the exception of the 1st and 2nd place trophies, here's what we've gotten so far:

Now adding:

Bags of Nuts - Barbara

Is it up to us to decide how much the raffle ticket will cost? <hr /></blockquote>

Were these prizes raffled off?
ruk

Rich R.
10-02-2005, 05:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> Is this the cue at that was won at the CCB tourney?
How much money was raised for the Chris Cass Memorial Fund at the CCB tourney and the open??????
ruk <hr /></blockquote>
Obviously, you have not been following this situation.

The raffle for the Chris Cass Memorial fund, at the U.S. Open, did not materialize.

All people who had agreed to donate prizes were contacted and asked if they were still willing to donate the prizes to the CCB Tournament prize fund.

As is traditional, all donated prizes are given away in a free raffle, to CCB members playing in the tournament.

rukiddingme
10-02-2005, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> Is this the cue at that was won at the CCB tourney?
ruk <hr /></blockquote>
Obviously, you have not been following this situation.

The raffle for the Chris Cass Memorial fund, at the U.S. Open, did not materialize.

All people who had agreed to donate prizes were contacted and asked if they were still willing to donate the prizes to the CCB Tournament prize fund.

As is traditional, all donated prizes are given away in a free raffle, to CCB members playing in the tournament. <hr /></blockquote>
Yep, it looks like I missed the one post that indicated that the raffle had "fallen thru". I did not see anything about why it fell thru...
but the prizes were raffled off to the 20 some people that attended... I hope they really enjoy them.
ruk

Sid_Vicious
10-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Pardon my lack of knowledge but when is this thing happening? It would be worth a ride to get those nuts! Seriously though, is it in the month of October???sid~~~knows everybody here already figures he's really coming for Murray's cue, nuts are a close second, ask Spetty who hawks BTTK's nuts at thr PPH partys /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Question: If I can say Petty Pool Hall Party ten times in a row can I at least get sample of those nuts?

DOH! This thang done happened, had a blond haired moment folks. Thing is that I have a 3 week sabbatical from the job right now and got anxious thinking it might be in that window of opportunity. Who won the nuts?

9 Ball Girl
10-02-2005, 09:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>Who won the nuts? <hr /></blockquote>Nuts were not part of the raffle.

Barbara
10-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Sid,

I was going to donate some bags of my pecans for a raffle for CC. However, the raffle never happened.

Barbara

rukiddingme
10-03-2005, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Sid,

I was going to donate some bags of my pecans for a raffle for CC. However, the raffle never happened.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara
10-03-2005, 02:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm with that. With the exception of the 1st and 2nd place trophies, here's what we've gotten so far:

Now adding:

Bags of Nuts - Barbara

Is it up to us to decide how much the raffle ticket will cost? <hr /></blockquote>

Were these prizes raffled off?
ruk <hr /></blockquote>

RUK,

These prizes were donated to the CCB Tourney prize fund.

BTW, I never offered my nuts for the tourny, just for the raffle that never happened.

Barbara