PDA

View Full Version : Deep Throat speaks!

Qtec
06-01-2005, 05:31 AM
Deep Throat Speaks

FOR MORE THAN three decades Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein and former executive editor Benjamin C. Bradlee preserved an extraordinary secret: the identity of the source known as Deep Throat, who helped inform the stories The Post published in 1972 and 1973 exposing what became known as the Watergate scandal. They kept the secret despite extraordinary press ure on The Post from the White House, including charges that Deep Throat was an invention; through the hearings and impeachment proceedings that led to President Richard M. Nixon's resignation in August 1974; and despite endless speculation about the source's identity in the years afterward. Mr. Woodward, now a Post editor, and Mr. Bernstein, who no longer works here, said that they had made a commitment not to reveal Deep Throat's identity until after his death. Yesterday that pact was finally superseded by the publication of statements by W. Mark Felt, former deputy director of the FBI, confirming that he was Deep Throat. He revealed his role in part because of his family's belief that he deserves to be honored for his actions while he is alive.

The honor is surely deserved. Mr. Felt, now 91, was a dedicated servant of the FBI, and no softie: He was convicted of (and later pardoned for) authorizing illegal acts in pursuit of leftist radicals in the early 1970s. Yet he was also outraged that the Nixon White House brazenly interfered with the FBI's investigation of the burglary of Democratic Party headquarters in June 1972 and by what he saw as Mr. Nixon's attempt to gain control over the FBI for political purposes. Risking dismissal or prosecution, he began meeting with Mr. Woodward secretly to confirm The Post's reporting about the funding of the operation and about other illegal acts by the president's top aides. He was not the only source The Post relied on; Mr. Woodward and Mr. Bernstein tracked down dozens of others, many of whom were named in their articles. Deep Throat was nevertheless crucial to the paper's reporting of Watergate. Following book and movie depictions of his role, he became the most famous anonymous source in the history of American journalism, and a model for government whistle-blowers.

DeepThroat, friend or foe? Hero or traitor?

Q

Qtec
06-01-2005, 01:08 PM
What! Nobody?
Q????????????????????.its only that biggest story ever>>>>>>>>>>>>>?????????????

Wally_in_Cincy
06-01-2005, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> What! Nobody?
Q????????????????????.its only that biggest story ever&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;????????????? <hr /></blockquote>

good grief, that was 30 years ago /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey you tricked me! I thought you were talking about Linda Lovelace! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nAz
06-01-2005, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> What! Nobody?
Q????????????????????.its only that biggest story ever&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;????????????? <hr /></blockquote>

That is one hell of a man, he did not take well to a president that lied and he did something about it.
wild how our current prez has uhh lied and gets a way wiht it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nightstalker
06-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Most of them do, it is not only "Dubya" I mean [censored] look at Clinton.

nAz
06-01-2005, 02:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> Most of them do, it is not only "Dubya" I mean [censored] look at Clinton. <hr /></blockquote>

lol you got me there, but IIRC the republican controlled congress apointed some fool named Ken Star to investigate Clinton, I believe he spent well over $70 million and found two things 1. Clinton lied about getting a blow job and 2. no one gave a fu@k.

I still have yet to hear anyone really investigate this whole Dubya fiasco.

wolfdancer
06-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I thought Linda Boreman was "Deep Throat" !!!

Nightstalker
06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I know this chick blowjob Betty. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
06-01-2005, 08:05 PM
It's a great story and I'm glad he came forward, unlike Jackie Kennedy O who locked her story away for 100 years. Thanks Jackie...sheesh. We'll all be dead before anyone gets to hear her version of what happened.

Who knows if this guy was a hero or not. What were his motives? Was there really a sense of right and wrong or was it sour grapes? First of all, he was 2nd in command to Hoover, so pristine he was not. Second, he was next in line for the FBI directorship and was passed over when Nixon brought in an outsider to take over. Would he have done the same had there been a more 'favorable' administration?

Turned out to be the right thing to do, but was it for the wrong reasons?

Fran

Gayle in MD
06-03-2005, 06:56 AM
LMAO, Naz, you're killing me! Perfect description of how the repubs waste money on stuff that most Americans don't give a damn about, and ignore everything Americans are worried about, while blowing money like crazy!

What is really funny is these old Nixon guys (ex convicts)that are coming out so bad on Felt! Hey, they all went to jail, and then came out and wrote books and did talk shows and made money off being criminals, ofcourse, some of them became Born Again, like Chuck Colson, a criminal, putting down Mark Felt, a hero who helped bring down the most corrupt administration and President in the history of this country! Pat Buchannon and his sister, Babe, and boy, she's a real Babe, LOL, calling Mark Felt a criminal! One thing about the repubs, they never stop slandering the good guys, particularly our national heros!

Felt is supposed to have gone to his superriors according to Colson and Buchannon and Babe, only problem with that was that they were all involved in the cover up. Patrick Grey included, and right under Felt's nose, after he, Felt, had been passed over by Nixon, then he had to watch Grey use the FBI to cover up for the Nixon's Nazi's.

Too bad we don't have a deep throat now, but then, if we did, Rove would spread it around that he was gay, and then the oh so well informed evangelists would launch an all out task force of personal destruction against the new hero!

Felt didn't leak, just comfirmed basically what Woodward and Bernstien already knew anyway. Why shouldn't his family make some money off his heroism, all the convicts did, and they weren't out for the common good, that's for sure.

I can't wait until the truth comes out about the Bush Reserves story, and it will, and then they'll be saying that Dan Rather is gay!

Gayle in Md. "Nobody died when Clinton lied"

Nightstalker
06-03-2005, 09:12 AM
No one died when Clinton lied about Monica, but here is food for thought: Clinton Page (http://www.zpub.com/un/un-bc-body.html) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
06-03-2005, 11:18 AM
AW,C'mon, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif you don't really buy this, do you? Any one can make a list of people they have known who have died.

Now, what if we had a list of all the people directly killed by GW? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Those we know for sure have died by his decisions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You could start with all the death row folks, more than any other Governor, add to that the thousands in Iraq, both Iraqis and our boys, but this "PRO LIFE" Born Again genius will fly home to interfere with a family decision to pull the plug on some poor woman who has been chronically incapacitated for years? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Or Veto any measure to use a few cells to help people who are BTW ALIVE NOW, and suffering with horrible diseases? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Oh, and don't forget lovely Laura, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif who we know killed a young man in texas by running through a stop sign, on a clear moonlit night, although she was never charged. I guess if your name is Bush, you can kill all the people you want to??? And then still call yourself Pro Life? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Interesting also how many Gay Bashing republicans are turning out to be Gay themselves? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Not since Nixon have we had to suffer through an administration so wrought with inconsistancy and hypocracy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Gayle in Md.

Nightstalker
06-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Dismissal and changing the subject....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SPetty
06-03-2005, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Now, what if we had a list of all the people directly killed by GW? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Those we know for sure have died by his decisions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You could start with all the death row folks, more than any other Governor, ... <hr /></blockquote>Howdy Gayle,

Death row folks aren't put on death row by the governor of the state. They are put on death row by a jury of their peers. (Boy, it's hard to write that with a straight face!) Bad people are put on death row by the courts and the judicial system. Not the governor. And, just because they're on death row doesn't mean they'll actually be put to death...

Gayle in MD
06-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi kiddo,
Yeah, I know that, but don't you find it rather strange that a so called pro life Governor would have the most people put to death in his state than any other Governor, and at the same time profess a Culture of Life?

BTW, I am for the death penalty....but I don't call myself pro life. I am also for stem cell research, and a woman's right to choose, and a family's right to make the decision to pull the plug.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
06-03-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and don't forget lovely Laura, who we know killed a young man in texas by running through a stop sign, on a clear moonlit night, although she was never charged. I guess if your name is Bush, you can kill all the people you want to??? <hr /></blockquote> Come on now, lets be fair to little Teddy K. He got away with murder also.

eg8r

eg8r
06-03-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know that, but don't you find it rather strange that a so called pro life Governor would have the most people put to death in his state than any other Governor, and at the same time profess a Culture of Life?

<hr /></blockquote> No it is not strange. The "pro life" you keep mentioning has nothing to do with criminals. I know you know this but you like to play the game in hopes someone might believe it.

To clear it up, Bush believes in giving a fetus the right to live not a criminal who has been on a killing spree. You know the difference and we know you do. We also know that you are trying to spin the words around to fit your hatred of Bush.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey Ed,
I don't believe in hate, and you know that...

A few cells are not a fetus, that's why they call it stem CELL research, BTW.

One would think that a Culture of Life would include those who are already alive, and their health and well being, wouldn't you think??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
06-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Tell me eg8r, what does being pro-life mean anyway?

GW has said he is against use of stem cells because,"its wrong to take a life in order to save one".
The problem is that he justifies capital punishment because it saves lives!
Q

Qtec
06-03-2005, 10:25 PM
FYI the subject is not Clinton.

Q BTW, are you saying all these people were killed to protect BC?
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a...! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

eg8r
06-04-2005, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A few cells are not a fetus, that's why they call it stem CELL research, BTW. <hr /></blockquote> Quit playing games. When most people are mentioning "pro-life" they are talking the abortion issue.

[ QUOTE ]
One would think that a Culture of Life would include those who are already alive, and their health and well being, wouldn't you think??? <hr /></blockquote> Yes I do. I also think our culture says, "if you decided to kill another human then you will die". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
06-04-2005, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FYI the subject is not Clinton.
<hr /></blockquote> When did you ever care about staying on the subject.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
06-04-2005, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
GW has said he is against use of stem cells Q <hr /></blockquote>

Wrong again, Q. The phrase you're looking for is 'live embryonic stem cells', which in order to exacract from the embryo, results in killing the live embryo. He is in favor of funding placental and umbilical stem cell research, as well as certain embryonic stem cells that have been cultured from dead embryos.

It's not just a pro-life issue. There's the human cloning issue to be considered. Once you give the okay to experiment with live embryos, you open the door to human cloning.

That is a real and legitimate issue for the entire world to be concerned about, not just President Bush. These are factors that need to be considered very carefully NOW, not later when it's too late to do anything about it.

I'm really surprised at the childishness with which you all debate these important issues. All the name-calling and insulting each other...it's unreal.

Fran /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Chopstick
06-04-2005, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>
It's not just a pro-life issue. There's the human cloning issue to be considered. Once you give the okay to experiment with live embryos, you open the door to human cloning.
<hr /></blockquote>

I never gave much thought one way or another about human cloning. But then I happened what if they cloned Q? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q http://www.bobthebarfly.com/eek3.gif http://www.bobthebarfly.com/eek3.gif http://www.bobthebarfly.com/eek3.gif

Rich R.
06-04-2005, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Come on now, lets be fair to little Teddy K. He got away with murder also. <hr /></blockquote>
Teddy was only guilty of being drunk and stupid.

Does GW drink? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

highsea
06-04-2005, 03:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ...Oh, and don't forget lovely Laura, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif who we know killed a young man in texas by running through a stop sign, on a clear moonlit night, although she was never charged. I guess if your name is Bush, you can kill all the people you want to???

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>Good grief, that accident happened in 1963, when she was 17 years old. She didn't marry George Bush until 1977. 14 years later.

You and your bird-brained logic. Holy cow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r
06-04-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Teddy was only guilty of being drunk and stupid. <hr /></blockquote> You just keep thinking that. I was wondering, what do you think Mary Jo would say right now?

eg8r

Rich R.
06-05-2005, 02:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> You just keep thinking that. I was wondering, what do you think Mary Jo would say right now?
<hr /></blockquote>
Murder requires premeditation, unless they have changed the law.

And, btw, Mary Jo would say that she should have taken a ride with someone sober.

Gayle in MD
06-05-2005, 07:51 AM
I find you to be a very insulting person, and also, I'd rather not respond to people who privately threaten members with whom they disagree, and insult their intelligence because they have a different opinion. My post refers to the fact that Some well connected people in our society break our laws, use poor judgement, resulting in gross negligence, and creating tragedies for which others would be charged with man slaughter.

I think I suggested some time ago that you scroll on by my posts after the private threats you made toward me. Again, I ask that you scroll on by my posts. You can't debate an issue with me without using degrading, insulting language, therefore this will be my last response to anything you might address to me in the future.

Bird-brained logic would be something like threatening to turn someone into the authorities as an accessory to murder because they repeat a story told to them by a friend about atrocities committed thirty-five years ago in Vietnam?

Gayle in Md.

highsea
06-05-2005, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I find you to be a very insulting person, <hr /></blockquote>Lol, I find you to be a broken record, nutjob, one-trick pony. So?
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>....and also, I'd rather not respond to people who privately threaten members with whom they disagree, and insult their intelligence because they have a different opinion. My post refers to the fact that Some well connected people in our society break our laws, use poor judgement, resulting in gross negligence, and creating tragedies for which others would be charged with man slaughter.<hr /></blockquote>I really don't care what you respond to or not. Your post was completely clear, no need to backpedal. You said if you're a Bush you can get away with killing all the people you want, and you used Laura Welsh's high-school accident as an example. I simply pointed out that she wasn't a "Bush" until 14 years later, something which you even now fail to acknowledge. Instead you go on another one of your fantasy rants. Your obsession is clear for all to see.

A simple retaction of what you posted would have done, after all, you basically called the First Lady a killer. Of course, we all know you are incapable of something so simple.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>I think I suggested some time ago that you scroll on by my posts after the private threats you made toward me. Again, I ask that you scroll on by my posts. You can't debate an issue with me without using degrading, insulting language, therefore this will be my last response to anything you might address to me in the future.<hr /></blockquote>I will post when and where I please. This is a public forum, and if you post here, you are inviting responses. You are the last person here who should be talking about degrading language. pot, kettle, black.

Oh, yeah- If you believe you were threatened, I suggest you notify the authorities.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>Bird-brained logic would be something like threatening to turn someone into the authorities as an accessory to murder because they repeat a story told to them by a friend about atrocities committed thirty-five years ago in Vietnam?<hr /></blockquote>You mean slandering out troops and telling lies for which there is ABSOLUTELY no evidence, of and incident that NEVER happened? You have seen "Apocalypse Now" a few too many times, birdbrain. I suggest you get some mental help for your obsession.

Fran Crimi
06-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Highsea,

I've sat here reading post after post of your personal attacks on Gayle and it makes me ill. Having been on the receiving end of this kind of thing myself, I know how it feels. You may not like Gayle's opinions but that doesn't mean you should personally attack her because of them.

Debate with facts, not attacks.

Fran

Stretch
06-05-2005, 03:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Highsea,

I've sat here reading post after post of your personal attacks on Gayle and it makes me ill. Having been on the receiving end of this kind of thing myself, I know how it feels. You may not like Gayle's opinions but that doesn't mean you should personally attack her because of them.

Fran
<hr /></blockquote>

I second that!! St.

cheesemouse
06-05-2005, 03:58 PM

Fran
<hr /></blockquote>

Fran,

Geez.....don't ask him for facts....Highsea's thinks he is smarter than the average person. He lives in disbelieve at how stupid people are. He had to check himself into a self imposed exile not long ago. Now that he is back on the 'npr' part of the board the increment of time between downward spirals shortens...hmmm

His next move will be to overwhelm with a bunch of techno-crap about a bunch of techno-crap...LOL I think he has a sliderule sideways somewhere. He has never seen a weapons system he didn't like or have something to do with...LOL

You can give him the snaps and the orange ball...not to worry because he will get feed up with the 'stupids' here and leave for another visit to his proctologist about that sliderule problem....

Nothing personal HS...I'm just bored.....

Deep Throat is an American Hero!

eg8r
06-05-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Murder requires premeditation, unless they have changed the law. <hr /></blockquote> Someone died because of his lack of judgement and action. He murdered her.

[ QUOTE ]
And, btw, Mary Jo would say that she should have taken a ride with someone sober. <hr /></blockquote> Yeah, I am sure she would be so calm. Your response is pretty sickening and I am sure you would have a different outlook if it was your own offspring.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-05-2005, 04:55 PM
QUOTE EG8R

Someone died because of his lack of judgement and action. He murdered her.

UNQUOTE

Well Ed, guess that makes Laura a murderer, huh?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

highsea
06-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Fran
<hr /></blockquote>Fran, you are welcome to your opinion. I for the most part pass on by Gayle's mind-numbing posts, as well as those of her fan club. It means very little to me, as does this board in general.

However, if she chooses to make some bullsh*t comment, like her remark about the First Lady being a "killer", and getting away with it because she's a "Bush", then I reserve the right to set the record straight.

She had the option to accept the facts and move on, but chose to come after me personally instead. So I responded in kind. (not that I owe you any explanation)

If you don't like that, tough sh*t for you too. It's a free world. I won't bother responding individually to those who felt they had to "jump in", this response is directed to all of you.

-CM

Rich R.
06-05-2005, 06:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Murder requires premeditation, unless they have changed the law. <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>Someone died because of his lack of judgement and action. He murdered her. <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> And, btw, Mary Jo would say that she should have taken a ride with someone sober. <hr /></blockquote> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>Yeah, I am sure she would be so calm. Your response is pretty sickening and I am sure you would have a different outlook if it was your own offspring.<hr /></blockquote>
Teddy was certainly guilty of bad judgement and it was certainly a terrible tragedy. However, that does not make it murder, regardless of your feelings.

Also, you have to consider the fact that Mary Jo was also guilty of poor judgement, for several reasons, especially for getting into a car, with a drunken driver. Some responsibility for her death rests on her own shoulders. You can't hold Teddy responsible for his actions and not hold Mary Jo responsible also.

Stretch
06-05-2005, 07:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Highsea,

Fran
<hr /></blockquote>Fran, you are welcome to your opinion. I for the most part pass on by Gayle's mind-numbing posts, as well as those of her fan club. It means very little to me, as does this board in general.

However, if she chooses to make some bullsh*t comment, like her remark about the First Lady being a "killer", and getting away with it because she's a "Bush", then I reserve the right to set the record straight.

She had the option to accept the facts and move on, but chose to come after me personally instead. So I responded in kind. (not that I owe you any explanation)

If you don't like that, tough sh*t for you too. It's a free world. I won't bother responding individually to those who felt they had to "jump in", this response is directed to all of you.

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Like that garbage filled rebutle above for instance. St.

Qtec
06-06-2005, 08:19 AM
The FBI oath.
"I, [insert name here], do solemnly swear to support, uphold and
defend the Constitution of the United States of America against
all enemies, foreign and domestic, to obey the lawful orders and
directives of those appointed before and above me, and that I
enter into this office without any mental reservation whatsoever,
so help me GOD".

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

IMO, if you do the right thing, then you are doing 'the right' thing, - whatever your motives.

Nobody's perfect!
Q

Fran Crimi
06-06-2005, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> The FBI oath.
"I, [insert name here], do solemnly swear to support, uphold and
defend the Constitution of the United States of America against
all enemies, foreign and domestic, to obey the lawful orders and
directives of those appointed before and above me, and that I
enter into this office without any mental reservation whatsoever,
so help me GOD".

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>

IMO, if you do the right thing, then you are doing 'the right' thing, - whatever your motives.

Nobody's perfect!
Q <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know, Q. I think it's a philosophical issue. Does what's right include intent? It works that way with criminal intent. Why not with righteous intent?

Fran