PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Identify This Odd Cue Tip?

SpiderMan
06-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Last week I collected two shafts from a customer who wanted a Moori medium installed on one of them.

She said that her main shaft had recently been retipped with a Moori. Although the installation was poor, she said she liked the tip very much and therefore wanted one on her spare shaft.

Poor was an understatement for the installation job. The tip looked like it had been trimmed with a bandsaw, and glue was running down the sides of the ferrule. I told her that I would clean up that tip for free while doing the paid install on her spare shaft.

Well, after I trimmed the sidewalls of the "Moori", I could tell that it was not a Moori after all. Actually, it was nothing I had seen before. The layer boundaries are nice and straight (like a Moori), but the layer thicknesses vary wildly:

Odd Cue Tip (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=9e1d&.dnm=ac32.jpg&.src=ph)

Note that the bottom layer is thick, the next layer is thin, and the next two are somewhere in between.

Anyone seen this before? What is it?

SpiderMan

1pRoscoe
06-01-2005, 01:15 PM
I have never seen layers as off as that....

btw - that sandwich looked good!!!

Nightstalker
06-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Wow that looks weird! I have never seen a layered tip like that before!

sneakypapi
06-01-2005, 03:35 PM
I am wondering if it is fake tip of some sort? I have heard of fakes on the market, instead of a Moori maybe it is Noori? LOL

Rod
06-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Some time ago I was reading about a tip on muellers. It is a Tiger Dynamite tip which has 5 layers. Looks like this one has 5, might be. BTW their pig skin.

Rod

ted harris
06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Could be a homemade tip...
Looks like it might be a dynamite, but have never seen them with different thickness layers like that...very strange...

Troy
06-01-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm 95%+ certain it's NOT a Moori.
Alsmost looks like there's a 6th and 7th layer in the shaped area.

Troy

Qtec
06-02-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Note that the bottom layer is thick, the next layer is thin, and the next two are somewhere in between.
<hr /></blockquote>

Could it be a BigMac tip?

Qtec /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
06-02-2005, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Last week I collected two shafts from a customer who wanted a Moori medium installed on one of them.

She said that her main shaft had recently been retipped with a Moori. Although the installation was poor, she said she liked the tip very much and therefore wanted one on her spare shaft.

Poor was an understatement for the installation job. The tip looked like it had been trimmed with a bandsaw, and glue was running down the sides of the ferrule. I told her that I would clean up that tip for free while doing the paid install on her spare shaft.

Well, after I trimmed the sidewalls of the "Moori", I could tell that it was not a Moori after all. Actually, it was nothing I had seen before. The layer boundaries are nice and straight (like a Moori), but the layer thicknesses vary wildly:

Odd Cue Tip (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=9e1d&amp;.dnm=ac32.jpg&amp;.src=ph)

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn, if your out there, this may be something you wanna see.

disturbed_won
06-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Ive seen that tip also on a friend stick that a replaced the tip on it was on a 314 shaft for hi predator he says it hasnt been replaced but i think that it had!

Harold Acosta
06-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Definitely not a Moori.

It might be a "Moron i" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SpiderMan
06-04-2005, 04:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Last week I collected two shafts from a customer who wanted a Moori medium installed on one of them.

Odd Cue Tip (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=9e1d&amp;.dnm=ac32.jpg&amp;.src=ph)

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn, if your out there, this may be something you wanna see. <hr /></blockquote>

SpiderMan
06-15-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm going to bump this, since Popcorn's back and someone said he might know.

SpiderMan