PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Pool Is OBSOLETE... The proof is here

Cane
06-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Here being the CCB board guys... and the plain simple numbers. There are, from what I can understand in a very long session of searching the internet, approximately 5 million players of Virtual Pool, that includes the PC versions and the versions made for the various game boxes (xbox, game cube, etc.). Well, there are an estimated 35 to 50 million players of Real Pool. And the numbers are actually growing daily, compared to Virtual Pool, where, according to different sources, the number of players is either declining or stagnated.

IN ANY CASE, the important thing is that there is a place where REAL pool players join, commune, share experience, ideas, laughs and tears... a place where the vast majority of the players are not so limited in intellegence so that they must rely on the limits of pure logic, perfect angles, perfect "virtual" cloth and perfect playing conditions... a gathering place for players of the game who choose to use their imagination and creativity to challenge their minds, because they have the cajones to breath outside the world of the computer, the mouse or the Game Cube. This place is called the Cue Chalk Board, and I like it here. What I don't like is someone who is so arrogant as to call others stupid and ignorant because he is apparently so insecure about his own intellegence and ability that he feels like he must degrade all around him, or all who challenge him, in a vain attempt to either bring them down to his level, or possibly himself UP to their level. On the other hand, what do I care what someone like that thinks. The world is full of people like that... most of them have never had a cue in their hands. I meet some of the nicest people I've ever known at pool tables or in pool rooms. This crew, our CCB crew, is tops. No goof with a mouse for a pool cue can even compare to the likes of the people who have intellegent debates and converstations on here every day.

Either way... REAL WORLD POOL PLAYERS: as far as I'm concerned Virtual Pool is OBSOLETE and anyone who can sit and honestly say that it's better than playing a game that requires the use of not only intellegence, but imagination and creativity (which VP does not require... hell, it's a damn computer program) must have more hours alone in their bedroom playing with their mouse than they do in the real world with real friends and real human interaction.

<font color="red">
"Claimed intellegence can't be measured when you have to weed through a meadow of insults, degradation and inuendo to try and find it" -The BOB

"Virtual Pool is DEAD to the True Players of CCB" -The BOB

"Only a true geek could enjoy computer pool more than hitting balls in a pool room with friends" -The BOB

"Aliens wouldn't enjoy Virtual Pool... hell, they couldn't get where they are today without having a creative mind!" The BOB

"All quotes in this post are Gospel... Why? Because I said so (hell it works for patrick!) and if you don't believe and adhere to them, you will be deemed ignorant and stupid!" The BOB </font color>

btw, some of the things I wrote about Virtual Pool in the First Paragraph are true, some are pure fabrication. Hey, I can do that... Patrick does it. Hope I didn't interfere with some kind of BS license he has or something. If I did, he will be upset with me, which I understand, so he's more than welcome to come to Cowboy Country and B!#ch Slap me for it... he wants to! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Later,
The BOB (stand for Bigass Old cowBoy)

Patrick
06-01-2005, 10:43 PM
&lt;Start Transmission&gt;
You made a fool of yourself with that post.

"The only thing that is rude is not telling the truth" - One

If you get so offended of what I say (and I always* speak the Truth), then you shouldn't read my posts in the first place!

It is evil being nice to someone and not being honest and truthful, but you don't understand this because you are ignorant and narrow minded. If you get offended of this Truth, then don't read anymore of my posts, it is that simple, go and hide from the Truth instead!

I speak to them who are willing to hear the Truth, you have proven that YOU don't want to hear the Truth, that's why you made this post!!

"You are not the enemy of evil if you can't accept that you could be the evil enemy yourself" - One

"I thought I was the Truth, but I was the enemy of Truth all along, because I was the enemy of evil, which made me the enemy." - One

"If the Truth made me the most stupid and evil person alive, I would accept it if it was the Truth." - One

As you can see, I accept everything, I accept all possibilities. I don't get "sad" if someone tells me something that could be true. I would rather choose to hear the Truth and get tortured than to hear a lie and live in happiness. You are the opposite of me, so just stop reading my posts, you are not ready. I treat you exactly like I want to be treated, giving information direct and fast and no stupid fancy language that hides your stupidity. If you are wrong, I say it instead of keeping you happy with lies until you realize you are wrong many years later, which means that you will get sad that you have wasted so long time when you finally see the Truth. Jesus is evil because he makes everyone happy by telling them what they want to hear, but you can't accept he is evil because you want to stay in fake happiness, you are too afraid to move on! So you would call me the Devil because I say the Truth? Do you see how wrong this is? It is the opposite. Sure, Jesus speaks the Truth but he takes longer to do so by being nice to everyone, like "One" that used this same vessel for a while, we are sharing this same vehicle and he is Jesus and I am the Devil, his approach is just a waste of time, I am fast and don't waste time with stupid people by being nice to them, I just say the Truth fast and there it is, if you don't want to accept the Truth then fine, I have given the Truth to you humans and when you are ready for it you will realize it is really the Truth, and then you can move on from my advice.
&lt;End Transmission&gt;

BTW, other intelligent "aliens" are direct and fast, and also somewhat offensive, like Bashar. This one (No name) is more extreme.

Patrick
06-01-2005, 11:47 PM
I had come back for 1 last visit into this human vessel (Chris says hi BTW), and now it is time for someone else to take over. This is the last transmission and the last time you humans will be contacted by me. I will not respond to any further questions because I will not be here...the signal is ge

Thunderduck
06-02-2005, 12:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> I had come back for 1 last visit into this human vessel (Chris says hi BTW), and now it is time for someone else to take over. This is the last transmission and the last time you humans will be contacted by me. I will not respond to any further questions because I will not be here...the signal is ge <hr /></blockquote>

THANK GOD!

nhp
06-02-2005, 01:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> I had come back for 1 last visit into this human vessel (Chris says hi BTW), and now it is time for someone else to take over. This is the last transmission and the last time you humans will be contacted by me. I will not respond to any further questions because I will not be here...the signal is ge <hr /></blockquote>

Good riddance.

catscradle
06-02-2005, 05:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr>.... must have more hours alone in their bedroom playing with their mouse than they do in the real world with real friends and real human interaction...
<hr /></blockquote>

... not to mention playing with Rosey Palm and her 5 sisters.

Nightstalker
06-02-2005, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr>.... must have more hours alone in their bedroom playing with their mouse than they do in the real world with real friends and real human interaction...
<hr /></blockquote>

... not to mention playing with Rosey Palm and her 5 sisters.
<hr /></blockquote>

You said it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stretch
06-02-2005, 10:51 AM

Hey sup gee. Glad your leaving Patrick alone and going back to outer space. Hey the Star ship Enterprise is looking for another episode. You could like inhabit one of Captain Kirks Crew. Remember Chekoff? lol Now he'd make a good human whessel. lol

You know, i don't know why you alians pick on Patrick so much. Sure u say your "leaveing" and "last transmission", what, do u got an antenna up yer $$S?

Next time down gee. Pick on me!! i dare ya, i double-dog dare ya. But ohhh no sure as $hit stinks Patrick will be back in some re-invention by you guys. and we'll have to have fun with him aaaaallllll over again. St. ~~abandoned by brillience~~

Drop1
06-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Patrick, you started by not telling the truth. Come back when you know something.

sack316
06-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Cane, thank you for your post. I've tried my best to ignore the things Patrick has spewed out of whatever hole he speaks from, but you summed up alot of my thoughts right there. And Patrick, if you like playing on the computer because it is consistant and you can master it easily, fine I hope you enjoy yourself. But personally, I like it when I can bitch about a table rolling off a little, or a dead rail. I like the randomness of conditions challenging me to play a little different ever time. I enjoy starting a tournament as the sun comes up downing red bull to try to wake myself up, and then having to wash my hands a hundred times during the course of the day because the owner wants to open a door to let smoke out, causing moisture to come in and make it a little sticky. I love talking smack with another player for fun, and having to take an extra second on my shot because a buddy made a joke that made me laugh. I enjoy when someone chalks their finger and then touches my neck or face, only for me to realize the joke next timeI go to a mirror. I find it an honor to physically shake hands with an opponent after a hard fought match. I like losing to people better than me, but giving them a tough run for their money. I am tickled when I show a newer player how to make a shot without scratching or a tough kick at a ball. I love everything that is good and bad about playing pool in real life. Even the things that tick me off sometimes, I know I couldn't have near a smuch fun without them.
So as I said, I hope you do enjoy what you do and that you are good at it. I am sorry that you feel we are inferior for some reason, and I hope one day you can learn to enjoy the things that we "real" pool players have the privilege of doing day in and day out.
And besides, my hard drive is too full of naughty stuff to install a pool simulator.