PDA

View Full Version : If You Havent Seen The New Star Wars, DONT READ

nhp
06-02-2005, 02:25 AM
If you have, then click the link for something funny. I have to say I am really dissapointed in all three of the new Star Wars, especially the last. The plot was beyond pathetic. This link will explain why:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

Nightstalker
06-02-2005, 06:19 AM
The guy is right, episode 3 sucked ass.

dg-in-centralpa
06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
I couldn't agree more. This was as awful as the others.

DG - likes the original Star Wars and none of the sequels

Fred Agnir
06-07-2005, 02:02 PM
I enjoyed it. He tied up most of the loose ends, but not all. It could have been a lot worse. In fact, I'm sure Lucas et al. purposefully get the worst actor they can find for the lead (both Anakins), and dumb down the lines for otherwise fabulous and proven actors (Ford, Guinness, MacGregor, Portman).

But, it's a visual romp. It's not the Godfather. It's meant to be a silly story with a lot of space action. In that, it succeeded, not to mention success commercially.

I laughed, ooohed and aahed, and felt sorry for Darth Vader. Then I went out and bough the original trilogy so I could check out Carrie Fisher's slave girl outfit. Oooh... aaah.

Fred

SpiderMan
06-07-2005, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Then I went out and bough the original trilogy so I could check out Carrie Fisher's slave girl outfit. Oooh... aaah.
Fred <hr /></blockquote>
I had to check three copies at half-price books to find one that opened to that page /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SpiderMan

nhp
06-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Fred, it seems to me that Lucas wrote the scripts for Episodes II and III in haste and focused way too much on special effects. Episode I was good except Jar Jar Binks annoyed the [censored] out of me and everyone else.

In Episode III the comedy attempts almost ruined the entire movie for me. In episodes IV-VI the very few attempts at humor are done by the actors which I found more enjoyable, for example in V where Han Solo says "We're fine, how are you?" when talking to the imperial forces over the intercom and then proceeds to shoot the intercom with his blaster. I thought that was very funny. In Episode III droids saying "Ouch" and literally being made cartoonish, I thought that was horrible.

After watching episodes I and II over again I think II is the worst by far.