PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking the cue

Drop1
06-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I read that most pros tweak their cues. It was Earl Strickland that made the comment. What is he talking about?

Deeman2
06-02-2005, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I read that most pros tweak their cues. It was Earl Strickland that made the comment. What is he talking about? <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Tweeking can mean a lot of things but; for instance, many people change the balance point by removing/adding weight to the cue, some get their shafts reduced or modify the joints in some manner. Most of us can find a commercially available cue that hits great for us but some people have such a refined feel, they make further adjustments. In reality, if you change your tip to a different type or even radius, you are, in effect, tweeking your cue.</font color>

Deeman

Qtec
06-02-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I read that most pros tweak their cues <hr /></blockquote>

I,ve never heard it called that before. HAAAAA /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec............9ball girl is laughing... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Drop1
06-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Be nice,and stop laughing.Homey don't go there.

Rod
06-02-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but some people have such a refined feel, they make further adjustments. <hr /></blockquote>

You got that right Deeman. I gots lots of feels. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif However for some years now I know exactly what I like.

Rod

Deeman2
06-03-2005, 06:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
but some people have such a refined feel, they make further adjustments. <hr /></blockquote>

You got that right Deeman. I gots lots of feels. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif However for some years now I know exactly what I like.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> LOL, Rod,

You'll get a kick out of this. My wife's BCA nine ball team captain brought me a cue to repair. The cue was a Walmart type with a slip on tip! Under the tip was a chewed up old ferrle(looked like Fido got hold of it.) I didn't know what to do as she didn't want to spend anything on it. I just went to Walmart and bought a $1.97 pack of slip on tips and put one on. She loved it and said, "It looks like new."

I guess some tweekings are easier than others. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Deeman
wishes Rod could make it to PettyPoint...

Nightstalker
06-03-2005, 06:12 AM
LOL, thats right sometimes it is easier than expected! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif