PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to inspire!

CarolNYC
06-03-2005, 05:29 AM
Allright, Im by NO means, a spiritual preacher,but I just wanted to share this:
As many of you know, my Dad was killed at age 36 (he was FDNY firemen and Navy Chief Officer)-long story short,my younger brother 4yrs,me 10,older brother 12,older sister 14,
Navy Chaplain comes to house-Mom cries,we cry,blah,blah,but as kids we ask the Chaplain, "Wheres our dad?'
This is what he said "Your Dads with God,I know you loved him and many people loved him and he would have given his life for anyone,but God loved him and needed him,so he's an angel helping God"Well, as kids,of course,we're mad and sad and all that other stuff-but, what he said was true,my Dad was military and ran into fires,if anyone can imagine a Navy military/Fire dept. funeral, that was my Dads-HUGE!

Well, during the time we lost Chris, my family lost a baby girl named Naila-my niece has 3 boys and this was the girl,but somethng went wrong and the umbiical cord strangled her and she was born dead-this happened when I was in Vegas-well, the card reads:
When God calls little children
to dwell with him above
We mortals sometimes question, the wisdom of his love,
For no heartache compares with, the death of one small child,
Who does so much to make our world,
seem wonderful and mild
Perhaps God tires to calling,the aged to his fold
So He picks a rosebud before it can grow old
God knows how much we need them and so he takes but few
To make the land of heaven,more beautiful to view
BELIEVING THIS IS DIFFICULT AND SOMEHOW WE MUST TRY
the saddest word mankind knows, will always be goodbye
so when a little child departs
We who are left behind
Must realize God loves his children,angels are hard to find"

There is this Hawaiian ,inspirational,beautiful singer named IZ (Israel Kamakawiwo`ole )well. he died,I think in 97' he was real big,bigger then Voodoo /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif,anyways,he always spoke good things,like,
"Make the family good and teach our children that growing up and screwing are a test in life and that the love comes from God,our hearts our music and goes out to all-to live with eachother is awesome, but to live with God,is even more awesome!(back to the words of the Navy Chaplain /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

I think IZ has websites,also,if anyone seen the movie '50 first dates",you'll hear him singing,especially the end "somewhere over the rainbow"
Theres one song called "In this Life" and its a song to God-so,when I hear this,a verse makes me think of Chris:
What I've been blessed with in my life,there was an emptiness in me
With one kind touch, you set me free"
Ya just gotta believe God loved him so much and set him free-back to the Navy chaplain,again!

I dont know, I just hope everyone is okay and believes in some kind of higher power, so they can be at peace with themselves and life can go on! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Peacing,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PQQLK9
06-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Thanks for sharing Carol. There is something angelic about you and you are inspiring. I'm sure God is watching over your Dad, Naila, Chris and all his children.

Deeman2
06-03-2005, 06:23 AM
Carol,

There are no permanent partings. We willsee our loved ones again. Thank-you for this message.

Deeman

landshark77
06-03-2005, 07:50 AM
That was nice Carol...thank you.

CarolNYC
06-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Yo Girl,
Thank you-you always make me smile /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
06-03-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We willsee our loved ones again. <hr /></blockquote>
Hey there Deeman,
"I do believe,I do believe"-I feel like the cowardly lion on "wizard of Oz" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~your welcome,anytime "I do believe" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
06-03-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is something angelic about you and you are inspiring. I'm sure God is watching over your Dad, Naila, Chris and all his children. <hr /></blockquote>
Ditto, Nick!
Carol~hopes to see Nick soon-I love the umbrella /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
06-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Oh, I forgot to say , its suppose to be "growing up and screwing UP",not screwing,LMAO!
Thanks Wolfdancer!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
06-03-2005, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> ...its suppose to be "growing up and screwing UP",not screwing, LMAO!<hr /></blockquote>Howdy Carol,

Actually, I was being inspired by the way you originally wrote it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stretch
06-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Thankyou! Good read Carol! and thankyou for a little glimps into your life. Some pretty unique and profond events in your life, the people, the cultures, the spiritual, know wonder your a unique person. We all are in our own way shaped by our past.....and our forebearers. St

CarolNYC
06-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Yo,yo,yo Stretch,
First off, your very welcome-and I think we're all unique-thats what makes us so powerful! How strong is that?
As for me, I think my purple hair is unique /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
love ya Stretch!
Carol-can also have blond hair if she jumps in pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oh, hey, yep-as for the past-I agree-its a circle of life!

CarolNYC
06-03-2005, 02:28 PM
LMAO-Whats up Spetty?????????
[ QUOTE ]
I was being inspired by the way you originally wrote it!

<hr /></blockquote>
Well then, "growing up and screwing" it is!Lets hope we all do it well!LMAO!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
06-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Carol, I'm sorry for your family's loss of Naila. Her life was snatched away before it got started.
We are all reminded, each day, that nothing is guaranteed.

CarolNYC
06-04-2005, 03:42 AM
Hey Rich,
Thanks-we're fine-you know us /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
And they say for everyone that God takes, he gives one back?-Well, remember my oldest daughter who moved to Maui,Hawaii-shes due in July-now I just HAVE TO GO TO MAUI for a few weeks,tsk,tsk........-you and Cathy wanna come? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
love ya,

landshark77
06-04-2005, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Rich,
And they say for everyone that God takes, he gives one back?-Well, remember my oldest daughter who moved to Maui,Hawaii-shes due in July-now I just HAVE TO GO TO MAUI for a few weeks,tsk,tsk........-you and Cathy wanna come? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
love ya,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Congrats Carol....does this mean you will not be at the NJ State Championships?? Does this mean I may actually have a chance?? ROTFLMFAO!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
06-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Very well said. My condolences to you and your family.

DG

Rich R.
06-04-2005, 01:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Rich,
love ya,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I think that is what they mean when they refer to the "Circle of Life".

Congratulations! And let me be the first to call you "Grandma". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I hope the burden of spending time in Maui is not too much for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cathy and I would love to go with you. We have never been there. Unfortunately, I still work for a living. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Have fun and travel safely. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
06-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Thanks Duane,
That was nice=we're fine-its my nephews,so the 10 yr.old will be spending the week with me,ya know? Just a change of environment!
You stay well and my regards to Mary! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
06-07-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations! And let me be the first to call you "Grandma". <hr /></blockquote>
Allright now, lets not get ahead of ourselves ,LMAO,but I'll be sporting the" Number ONE grandma" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif shirt,no doubt!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I hope the burden of spending time in Maui is not too much for you.

Cathy and I would love to go with you. We have never been there. Unfortunately, I still work for a living.
<hr /></blockquote>

Well, put it on your "list of things to do" and when you have vacation time and wanna go, let me know!
love ya,
Carol~4 blocks from the ocean and private pool! Oh yeah! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
06-07-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does this mean you will not be at the NJ State Championships <hr /></blockquote>
Its up to the baby,LMAO_ we're taking it day by day! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean I may actually have a chance?? ROTFLMFAO!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

YES,YES,YES,whether me or anyother players are there or not, its in your heart girl, so you go into the tournament TO WIN,no matter what? Ah-ite?

Rich R.
06-07-2005, 06:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> 4 blocks from the ocean and private pool! Oh yeah! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Cathy wants to know if your daughter is looking for a Nanny? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
06-08-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
daughter is looking for a Nanny <hr /></blockquote>
You better believe if the day comes, Cathy is number ONE on my list!

hondo
06-09-2005, 06:16 AM
Thanks, Carol. My 1 week old grandson died
Saturday after being home for 5 days and everybody
thinking he was healthy and fine. It's very
hard to take.

DebraLiStarr
06-09-2005, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Thanks, Carol. My 1 week old grandson died
Saturday after being home for 5 days and everybody
thinking he was healthy and fine. It's very
hard to take. <hr /></blockquote>

Hondo I am so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

DebraLiStarr
06-09-2005, 08:01 AM
A friend of mine sent this to me after I had endured 2 miscarriages followed by my son Bryan's short 2 day life. This story brings up an issue I have dealt with in my personal life when explaining why I don't have children. The worst thing I deal with is when people find out I am divorced with no children, they say, "Well at least you were lucky not to have any kids with him." That strikes a raw nerve with me and I usually just walk away upset. I know that people do not hurt me that way intentionally, but it hurts that they assume that it is by choice that I am without children. What is written below explains how I feel and how I truly believe that my children live on in my heart every day. As long as my heart beats, they are there, and I am a mommy.

My Baby's Not an IT
by Paula Long

Setting:
Birthday party for a young child at a public pool. This entire scene took part while in the pool.

Woman 1:
"Can I tell her about what happened with you?"

Me:
"Uh, yeah," wondering for a second what she was referring to. Then, of course, it dawned on me. People seem to like to talk about (as in gossipy fashion) tragedies that happen to other people.

Woman 1:
"Her son died 2 years ago. He was stillborn."

Woman 2 to Woman 1:
:::gossip tone on:::
"Did you tell her about Jennifer's baby?"
:::gossip tone off:::

Me:
"I heard that her baby died. That's all I know."

Woman 2:
After relating all the details of Jennifer's stillborn baby and telling me several times that Jennifer's baby was a daughter, the gossip continued:
:::gossip tone on:::
"It died because..."
and
"It wouldn't have died if..."
:::gossip tone off:::
I cannot recall what else she said because the words it, it, it were ringing in my heart.

Me:
Offended already by her tone, I spoke as civilly as possible to Woman 2 (aka Gossip Woman) to impart to her the importance of recognizing our baby's as humans, not things:
"I want to let you know that I am greatly offended by your calling our babies its. Our babies are not its, they are human beings. You would be so offended if someone called your son over there an it, wouldn't you?"

Gossip Woman began to stammer and left the area. Afterwards, I took my daughter and myself to another area and cried.

The Results:
1. Woman 1, who was my friend, never initiated any conversation with me again for several months (until we met at the library during story hour). I am sure it is because I offended her friend, respectively referred to as Woman 2 (aka Gossip Woman).
2. Gossip Woman never apologized.
3. I spent many hours pondering how offended women would feel if I referred to their live children as its. Actually, I think it's pretty funny; I mean, can you even imagine?...
"Honey, would you get IT a drink of water?"
or
"IT needs ITS diaper changed."
or
"Hey IT, let's go to the park!"

My son never took a breath, but he lived and he lives on in my heart, his daddy's heart, and his sister's heart. Not a day goes by that I don't think of HIM. And, the fact is I've never ever thought of, or referred to, my SON as IT. The grave dug for his body - yes, that's an IT. The casket he lays in - yes, that's an IT. The tiny boy I buried in the earth was a living human being.

My son is a HIM
Her daughter is a HER

THEY are not ITS.

"I had a hard time deciding the title for this article and thought another good title would have been When Pronouns Hurt. My life now means putting up with these types of scenerios, not on a daily basis, but certainly enough to test my tact at times!"

Deeman2
06-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Hondo,

My deepest sympathy to your family. An innocent child's death, especially unexpected, is very hard to accept. My prayers are with you.

Deeman

Barbara
06-09-2005, 09:00 AM
hondo,

That is so sad to hear. My condolences to you and your family.

Barbara

hondo
06-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Debra and Dee, thanks.

landshark77
06-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Hondo I am so sorry tohear that. Your family is in my thoughts.

CarolNYC
06-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Hey Hondo,
You hang in there!
He's an ANGEL!
Carol~heart going out to Hondo! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Eric.
06-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Carol,

That's definitely an inspiration. Sometimes, when we are going thru tough times, it helps to here things like that. Sometimes, we might already know the advice or anecdote, but hearing it again just brings you back to the big picture. Having lost both a parent and a child myself, I can relate.

Eric

CarolNYC
06-10-2005, 02:24 AM
Hey Eric,
I know!
We were together then, we're here now and we'll be there in the future!
love ya,
Carol~sending out POSITIVE energy, no doubt!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

theinel
06-16-2005, 03:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>There is this Hawaiian, inspirational,beautiful singer named IZ (Israel Kamakawiwo`ole )<hr /></blockquote>
Hi Carol. I would first like to express my sorrow for the losses of our fellow CCB members and their young children. I haven't had to experience that kind of loss personally but I would like to say that Israels K's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow - What a Wonderful World" medley is an awe inspiring song and has often helped to soften the painful moments in my life. I'm listening to it right now and it's just so moving.

I'll stop there because I'm not very good with emotional stuff but to anyone who hasn't heard this song give it a listen if you come across it. It is truly beautiful.

CarolNYC
06-16-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Israels K's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow - What a Wonderful World" medley is an awe inspiring song and has often helped to soften the painful moments in my life. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Terry,
Im happy you like "IZ" he is pretty awesome,huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifand Im glad his music brought you comfort-very mellow-yep, when I need "mellowing" (and anyone who has met me, knows I need it,ha ha ha), thats who I listen to!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Take care!
Carol~CAN be mellowed!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif