PDA

View Full Version : Rat Cues

rickf28
06-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Im in the market for a new Cue. I really dont know what i want but i was looking through a Mullers catalog and i came across Rat cues. The discription in the catalog makes them sound like a nice cue and the price on these cue is very reasonable. If any of you have ever played with one ar know anything about them id sure like to know.The materials the use are the same as the materials used in Cues that are priced a lot higher..

Cane
06-03-2005, 03:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rickf28:</font><hr> If any of you have ever played with one ar know anything about them id sure like to know.The materials the use are the same as the materials used in Cues that are priced a lot higher.. <hr /></blockquote>

rickf28, a year or so back, I purchased and donated several Rat cues to a youth organization in Fort Smith, AR. While they were much better than what the kids had, I wish I had bought just plain jane something else for them.

You're right, they're made of the same materials as higher priced cues, so far as the TYPE of woods used, but any craftsman can tell you there's a difference between a $2 maple board and a $50 maple board. Their claim that their cues are made of the same materials as higher priced cues is absolutely correct, however, it would also be correct for Hyundai to claim that their cars were made of the same materials as a Ferrari. There is definitely a difference in the quality of materials and in the craftmanship on the final product... on the cues and the cars.

Later,
Bob

rickf28
06-03-2005, 04:04 PM
well, now that you put it like that...just kidding appreciate the honesty and thanx..this cue buying decison is nerve racking..buy the time i figure out what i want i should have enough money saved to buy a pool hall to go with it..guess my main prob is i have no where around here to go look and touch so alot of my info comes from you all. Around here there are alot of places to shoot pool..(bar tables)and most of these people are pretty good but most shoot with sticks bought a local bars and they are $75.00 vikings and player cues. every now and then you see a nice stick but i never ask to try it, because i understand that people are very protective of them.

LARRY_BOY
06-04-2005, 03:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote rickf28:</font><hr> If any of you have ever played with one ar know anything about them id sure like to know.The materials the use are the same as the materials used in Cues that are priced a lot higher.. <hr /></blockquote>

rickf28, a year or so back, I purchased and donated several Rat cues to a youth organization in Fort Smith, AR. While they were much better than what the kids had, I wish I had bought just plain jane something else for them.

You're right, they're made of the same materials as higher priced cues, so far as the TYPE of woods used, but any craftsman can tell you there's a difference between a $2 maple board and a $50 maple board. Their claim that their cues are made of the same materials as higher priced cues is absolutely correct, however, it would also be correct for Hyundai to claim that their cars were made of the same materials as a Ferrari. There is definitely a difference in the quality of materials and in the craftmanship on the final product... on the cues and the cars.

Later,
Bob <hr /></blockquote>

Same old thing.......you get what you pay for.

sneakypapi
06-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Quote:
__________________________________________________ _________
rickf28, a year or so back, I purchased and donated several Rat cues to a youth organization in Fort Smith, AR. While they were much better than what the kids had, I wish I had bought just plain jane something else for them. __________________________________________________ ________

You must be really generous because Rat cues start around $200, that is alot for house cues, especially given that house cues get beat upon too.

Cane
06-04-2005, 03:19 PM
sneakypapi, First, they aren't near that price wholesale. The retail price on the ones I dontated was less than 125 at the time. My cost on them, buying in quantity, was MUCH less than half that. Besides, at the time we had a pool room, a retail billiard supply business and a Flyfishing supply business. Donating something like this to a legit charity is a fantastic tax writeoff.

Second, they weren't to be used as "house cues". This particular organization was trying to start a youth league in Fort Smith (which bombed, BTW, for lack of good organization), and my intent was to make sure these kids, who are mostly lower income, had decent cues to play with. To be honest, they didn't cost me much more than the retail price of a CueTec house cue. I just wish their idea had worked better.

Later,
Bob

rickf28
06-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Cane you rock..I love the fact that you gambled on something besides pool ...sure you might have lost but the kids are winners no matter what anybody else says..sure maybe Rats are junk to us..But you give a man with no car a Pinto and to him its a Bentley..Again GOOD JOB and you have my respect..Rick