PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

06-11-2002, 12:11 PM

Rich R.
06-11-2002, 12:15 PM
I have seen them disassembled and assembled. I wouldn't think of doing it myself.
JMHO. Rich R.

SPetty
06-11-2002, 12:21 PM
They're not that tough to disassemble, and you should be able to carry it in a pickup truck. If you disassemble it yourself, you may actually be able to reassemble it yourself as well, as long as you paid attention while disassembling it. The most important thing is to make it flat and level, starting with the frame.

If you pay for disassembly, make sure that includes carrying the slate to whatever vehicle you'll be moving it in. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem worth it.

06-11-2002, 01:02 PM
My company sells pool tables retail. When they get shipped to us (about a 4 hours drive) they come by truck and the slate is on a pallet. The 3 pieces of slate are stacked one on top of the other on the pallet, and then are tied together aound each side with thin metal straps, so they don't slide. They also wrap some cardboard around the corners for extra protection. This method seems to work very well. The cabinet is just boxed, and tied down well.

Also, the prices you were quoted are very close to what our installers charge, and they are some of the lowest priced people in my area.

Good Luck!
michelle@hawleys.com