PDA

View Full Version : Pre-game routine

bustah360
06-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Just wondering what everyone does before a match to warm up. What are some of the better routines to do right before a match?

SPetty
06-04-2005, 07:50 PM
This is one of my favorites...

cheesemouse's prematch routine (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=131799&page =&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1)

bustah360
06-05-2005, 09:24 PM
wow...guess everyone just racks 'em up and starts the match right away...lol

Scott Lee
06-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I like to check the speed of the cloth and how level the table is, by lagging the CB several times, in different places on the table. Also, I'll check how the rails play, by shooting 3 rail kicks with the CB, from both ends of the table. This can all be done in less than 5 minutes, and gives you a fair assessment of immediate table conditions.

Scott Lee

BigRigTom
06-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I like the "Nesting" metaphor...I do a lot of the same things and never really thought of it that way before.
I also like to go to the rest room, wash my hands and face, comb my hair if necessary and then get a fresh drink then return to my nest where all my stuff is.
I then try to rid my mind of EVERYTHING but the match and then maintain a focus on target for winning (55 points in APA 9 ball for me) from that point on. I try also to NOT worry about what my oponent has or need to win. This is only a distraction to me and I can not control his efforts to achieve his target so I just focus on my target and try to reach it before he does his.