PDA

View Full Version : ESPN pool usurped again!

SPetty
06-11-2002, 12:30 PM
Well, even though we all knew that there were ESPN pool matches scheduled for the 8th and 10th, I missed the one on the 8th. So imagine my dismay when tuning in yesterday evening and there was no pool, but instead some soccer thing! It was scheduled to be the Valley Forge finals between Karen and Allison, but alas, it was not there.

Don't those people know we change our schedules just to watch pool on TV? Don't they care? (hahahaha)

Eric.
06-11-2002, 12:48 PM
I would say something to ESPN, but you know that's gonna fall on deaf ears! Kinda like spitting into the wind!

Eric >spat into the wind before, never again

stickman
06-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Well, I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I wasn't the only one disappointed. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Rod
06-11-2002, 01:14 PM
Well SPetty, I guess I'm the only one that didn't know there was pool on TV. Nobody tells me anything, woe is me./ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif
I guess I need to update my email address with AZ Billiards, that might help./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

06-11-2002, 01:17 PM

06-11-2002, 03:20 PM
They are all reruns, the original is happening at 2:30 am East coast time for the World Cup.

Zach <----still can;t stand ESPN

Ralph S.
06-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Its just a down right shame we cant even watch several-month old events. I was hoping to watch it myself.
Ralph S.

SPetty
06-11-2002, 03:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Well SPetty, I guess I'm the only one that didn't know there was pool on TV. Nobody tells me anything, woe is me./ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif
<hr></blockquote>Aw c'mon Rod, it's not like I didn't try!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=16025&amp;fpar t=1&amp;PHPSESSID=>http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=16025&amp;fpar t=1&amp;PHPSESSID=</a>

Rod
06-12-2002, 01:19 AM
oops, open mouth, insert foot! Good post, I missed it.

Rich R.
06-12-2002, 04:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr>
Don't those people know we change our schedules just to watch pool on TV? Don't they care? (hahahaha) <hr></blockquote>
You said it SPetty, they don't care.
Personally, I just set the VCR and tape all the matches. That way I don't have to change my schedule to watch a match that is not shown, and if it is shown, I can watch it at my convenience. The only was I get messed up is when ESPN/ESPN2 changes the time or the network for the show at the last minute. They do this more often than they should, also.
I have emailed them in the past and complained about them not following their own schedules. They responded by telling me that live events take priority over taped events. Of course, they did not address the fact that, on that occassion and many others, the event that was aired was also taped, similar to the taped delay of the soccer game this time.
I repeat, they just don't care. I wish some one would start a sports network to compete with ESPN/ESPN2. They need the competition. It is not only pool that gets jerked around by them.
Rich R.

06-12-2002, 07:40 AM
Sara to Eddie Felson "The Hustler"

"You bum, you pool room bum."

I don't know what you guys expect man. We are pool players must be the crazies set of people on planet earth. We fall in love with a sport that isn't even regarded as a sport but a game. We play in venues with thick cigarette smoke, intoxicated anuses and fleece each other for as much money as possible whenever possible. Then we turn around and want respect for this sport. Are you mad. I understand that a lot of you want to clean up the rep of this sport we love, but lets get real the stigmatism is so ingrained in our culture that it might take the full endorsement of an American President to clean it up. To put it simply I learned a long time ago to say f*#@! Espn pool. I've rearranged schedules, starved myself so I can race home to watch matches at luch time only to be disappointed. They have no respect for the game and worse yet, they have no respect for us.

Michelle
06-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Hey maybe ESPN has secretly gone into business with TIVO....so we all buy tivo and never miss any pool matches! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif