PDA

View Full Version : I Need Your Phone Numbers!

9 Ball Girl
06-06-2005, 07:08 PM
I lost my cell phone at about 4 AM on Sunday morning. I've since terminated that service but now I have to rebuild my phone book--again. So, having said that, you know who you are, PM me your phone numbers again. Pleeeeaaassee!

Thankee!

SPetty, I've got all 3 of yours.

catscradle
06-07-2005, 03:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I lost my cell phone at about 4 AM on Sunday morning. I've since terminated that service but now I have to rebuild my phone book--again. So, having said that, you know who you are, PM me your phone numbers again. Pleeeeaaassee!

Thankee!

SPetty, I've got all 3 of yours. <hr /></blockquote>

That's why you keep an old-fashion paper and pen address book as backup. Do you back-up the hard drive on your computer, you should do that too.
Kids these days. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
06-07-2005, 04:19 AM
Just a thought, I find lots of mine in past phone bills ledgers and determine by location who's is who's. Also, have you moved from phone providers in the not so distant past and still have an old phone? That phone would still have an address book in there unless they both have SIMS and you swapped cards, even though the service is dead..sid

9 Ball Girl
06-07-2005, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr>That's why you keep an old-fashion paper and pen address book as backup. Do you back-up the hard drive on your computer, you should do that too.
Kids these days. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>I do backup my hard drive and upgrade when time permits. So, having said that, I upgraded from old-fashioned ink and paper to picture taking, video recording, text messaging, instant messaging cell phone. I know, I'm a 31 year old whipper snapper! LOL

SpiderMan
06-07-2005, 08:03 AM
My service (Sprint) gives a full log of numbers called on every monthly bill. Should be pretty easy to figure out which one belongs to whom, either by area code or just calling them again. If you don't keep them around, the monthly bills can also be retrieved from the Sprint (and probably others) web site.

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
06-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Hey Sid. I hate to say that I lost my phone, only because I know where I left it. The cocksucking cab service guy probably has it now after having checked about 10 minutes after I was dropped off to tell me that it wasn't there. Unfortunately, I couldn't call myself because like the dweeb that I am sometimes (yes, I am), I turned it off because I was trying to avoid another a$$hole from calling me.

Thing is, I don't know if you remember when I posted the time that I found this woman's wallet and a man's cell phone, both items returned by me (I get off by making someone's day) and they both sent me items of appreciation. When the hell will that good karma come my way??? Why are there people who know something does not belong to them, it obviously belongs to someone else, but they decide "I'm going to keep this." That is such an a$$hole factor--and those are their good points!

nAz and I called my cell several times and it would go straight to voicemail (which is what happens when the phone is turned off) and other times it would ring which means that the fucker had it turned on and was probably looking through my things. I don't care that I lost the device 'cause I can get another one (which I did), I can rebuild my phone book (which I'm doing), but it's my pictures and text messages that bother me that are now lost /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But, my aggravation is going away (can't dwell on $hit anymore).

Wendy&lt;---venting is now over! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I looked at my online bill and saw what numbers I've called since January and got some of them from there. With this new phone, I also added insurance so that if it gets lost or stolen or damaged, I can get a replacement at no cost. Live and learn, eh?

SpiderMan
06-07-2005, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I don't care that I lost the device 'cause I can get another one (which I did), I can rebuild my phone book (which I'm doing), but it's my pictures and text messages that bother me that are now lost /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Wendy&lt;---venting is now over! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy on the internet? Untold stories and candid photos in the National Enquirer? Is this to be the next "Paris Hilton Scandal"?

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
06-07-2005, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>Wendy on the internet? Untold stories and candid photos in the National Enquirer? Is this to be the next "Paris Hilton Scandal"?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>LOL. There weren't any explicit pictures except for a picture of my nephew's butt at 5 months old. As far as the next "Paris Hilton Scandal", my old phone didn't have video capabilities--but my new one does... /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Deeman2
06-07-2005, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>Wendy on the internet? Untold stories and candid photos in the National Enquirer? Is this to be the next "Paris Hilton Scandal"?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>LOL. There weren't any explicit pictures except for a picture of my nephew's butt at 5 months old. <font color="blue"> Aah ha, now we ave it solved. Micheal Jackson stole your phone! </font color> As far as the next "Paris Hilton Scandal", my old phone didn't have video capabilities--but my new one does... /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif <hr /></blockquote>

catscradle
06-07-2005, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>Wendy on the internet? Untold stories and candid photos in the National Enquirer? Is this to be the next "Paris Hilton Scandal"?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>LOL. There weren't any explicit pictures except for a picture of my nephew's butt at 5 months old. <font color="blue"> Aah ha, now we ave it solved. Micheal Jackson stole your phone! </font color> <font color="brown"> Or maybe it is in a seminary somewhere. </font color> As far as the next "Paris Hilton Scandal", my old phone didn't have video capabilities--but my new one does... /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

SpiderMan
06-07-2005, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>Wendy on the internet? Untold stories and candid photos in the National Enquirer? Is this to be the next "Paris Hilton Scandal"?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>LOL. There weren't any explicit pictures except for a picture of my nephew's butt at 5 months old. <font color="blue"> Aah ha, now we ave it solved. Micheal Jackson stole your phone! </font color> <font color="brown"> Or maybe it is in a seminary somewhere. </font color> As far as the next "Paris Hilton Scandal", my old phone didn't have video capabilities--but my new one does... /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

I can see it now - if Michael Jackson is convicted, the judge will choose between giving jail time or having him ordained /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

LARRY_BOY
06-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Ok I am going to come clean I stole your phone! If I can't have your heart I will have to make do with your phone....

SpiderMan
06-07-2005, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> nAz and I called my cell several times and it would go straight to voicemail (which is what happens when the phone is turned off) and other times it would ring which means that the fucker had it turned on and was probably looking through my things. <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy,

I have my phone set to "lock" on power-up, ie require a code to enable it the first time after turn-on. That way, if I lose it (and it isn't turned on at the time), whoever turns it on will not be able to use it. Also, if I lose it "turned on", and the battery runs down, it will come up locked after the battery is charged.

If it is on when I lose it and the finder turns it off, he won't be able to use it again. This would have apparently applied to your situation.

All it can do is receive incoming calls when locked (or maybe call 911, I haven't tried). So if an honest person finds it and turns it on, you can call them and they can answer.

I believe all phones have this feature, accessible via the security menu.

SpiderMan

CarolNYC
06-08-2005, 10:37 AM
That really stinks,Wendy!
My daughter recently left her phone in a cab going up to Manhatten to a concert-I HAD insurance, so when I filed the report here at the precinct, I had to wait for a complaint number from some Manhatten precinct,unbelievable!
But THANK GOD I had insurance-she got ANOTHER phone real quick, but then we upgraded it to the Blackberry!
Guess, reason for everything! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck getting the numbers!
Carol~pming you my cell /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2005, 10:42 AM
That really sucks--especially since I'll be giving the dispatcher a piece of my mind when I see him on Saturday night (I always take a cab from my Sis' house then). I'm going to tell him something like,

Did you ever find the phone? That's ok, 'cause I work for the Fed. Government &lt;true&gt; and I'm with the Immigration Agency &lt;false-although I have friends there&gt; so I've got people who are going to track it down. I feel sorry for the person who refused to return property that clearly wasn't their's.

I'm always trying the impossible!

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Thank you to everyone who PMed me their phone numbers! Love y'all!

Stretch
06-08-2005, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> That really stinks,Wendy!
My daughter recently left her phone in a cab going up to Manhatten to a concert-I HAD insurance, so when I filed the report here at the precinct, I had to wait for a complaint number from some Manhatten precinct,unbelievable!
But THANK GOD I had insurance-she got ANOTHER phone real quick, but then we upgraded it to the Blackberry!
Guess, reason for everything! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck getting the numbers!
Carol~pming you my cell /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Two Scoops.;) Since your pming your cell number around......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I might need that this Fall lol St. ~~personaly loaths phones hisself~~

CarolNYC
06-09-2005, 02:19 AM
Yep-this was from Express bus into cab-the precinct wanted EXACT location-DUH-if I knew that, I wouldnt be here! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Carol~called LIMO&amp;CAB commission and Manhatten lost &amp; found precincts ONCE!See ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
06-09-2005, 02:20 AM
Yo Stretch, Make sure you call when you get here, AH-ITE??????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eightonabreak
06-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I don't know what service you have, but my daughter lost her phone and when we went to get a new one from Verizon they were able to reinstall all of her phone #'s from their computer. No Pic's though. Maybe you should check it out.

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2005, 09:52 PM
I had AT&amp;T and they have merged with Cingular. Because I wound up migrating to Cingular after my loss, I didn't have to pay the early cancellation fee of $175 on the AT&amp;T account.

Also, I did ask Cingular about just that and they said that they couldn't. But that's ok--I'm rebuilding!

Stretch
06-11-2005, 03:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Yo Stretch, Make sure you call when you get here, AH-ITE??????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I'll be calling before that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St.~~wondering what a Hawaiian New Yorker sounds like~~

wolfdancer
06-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Mine is a 976 #, but it's only $2.99 per min...and we can discuss anything,.... if you're over 18!!!
Under 18 ? let me give you my private number.....