PDA

View Full Version : Anybody playing APA at Vegas Nationals this year??

Natalie
06-07-2005, 07:27 AM
My 8-ball team choked this past Saturday but we're playing regionals June 18 to try to qualify for 9-ball.

I was just wondering if anyone is going or qualifying.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Our "Tyrants" are now known as the "Two-and-out Tyrants" so the answer from here is no /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck in your regional.

sack316
06-07-2005, 10:03 AM
I wish I was... didn't have a team going for it, but me and my scoth doubles partner came soooo close twice. Once we came one game away, and the other two wins away. We also felt ripped off somewhat in the format, but that will be a rant for another post. So unless I find a very generous friend, the answer for me is sadly no

A_LOTA_NOTA
06-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Our Team is going to play regionals this weekend in Tulsa! So with a lot of luck & good rolls I hope to get to go to Vegas!!

Natalie
06-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Good luck to you and your team, A_LOTA!

I've never been and I think it would be a blast. A lot of my friends have been and all of them rave about it.

catscradle
06-08-2005, 07:39 AM
I'll let you know in 2 weeks. I'm in the qualifiers for 8-ball and 9-ball, maybe one of them will make it.

SpiderMan
06-08-2005, 08:52 AM
I played APA a couple of years ago and went to nationals for 8-ball singles. If you've never been to 'Vegas, set aside some extra time for sightseeing. Also, get someone who's been a few times to help you plan .. there's much more than anyone can cover on one trip. I take my BCA team every year, and still haven't tired of the city.

You'll be very pleasantly surprised at the quality of equipment at the APA nationals. They use the Diamond tables, which have no vertical protrusions or metal corner hardward to scrape your cues. Super-solid, high-quality equipment compared to the Valley tables found in most bar leagues.

BTW, as a first-timer you may also be shocked at the level of play, relative to individual handicaps.

Good luck, and have fun!

SpiderMan

catscradle
06-08-2005, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> ... They use the Diamond tables, which have no vertical protrusions or metal corner hardward to scrape your cues. Super-solid, high-quality equipment compared to the Valley tables found in most bar leagues.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Spidey, I went to the APA nationals last year. My memory is going to hell, but as I recall last year the APA had switched back to Valleys. Probably a money thing.

SpiderMan
06-08-2005, 10:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> ... They use the Diamond tables, which have no vertical protrusions or metal corner hardward to scrape your cues. Super-solid, high-quality equipment compared to the Valley tables found in most bar leagues.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Spidey, I went to the APA nationals last year. My memory is going to hell, but as I recall last year the APA had switched back to Valleys. Probably a money thing.
<hr /></blockquote>
That's interesting. I really liked those Diamond tables.

SpiderMan

dvsmnstr
06-08-2005, 11:11 AM
my apa 8ball team was in first/second all season exept the last week when it counted.. totally sucked. we just lost our 3 last matches otherwise we would have had a good chance. oh well hopefully we get them next time!

Natalie
06-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I know what you mean. My 8-ball team won the division championship two times in a row and still got punted in the first round. Very disappointing!

I'm hanging on to hope for 9-ball though. We'll see after next weekend.

Jimmy B
06-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Been there, Won that.

JB

catscradle
06-09-2005, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Been there, Won that.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Sure Jim, just rub it in a little more. We need to have our faces ground in the mud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A_LOTA_NOTA
06-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Well, We are still in the winners bracket. We play the final match Sunday (06-19-05) at 1:00. If we don't get double dipped I will see ya in Vegas! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif