PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Rousey's stolen cues

Wally_in_Cincy
06-07-2005, 12:59 PM
In case you did not see this.

http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=13751

Apparently Sarah had her gear stolen in Vegas. So, be on the lookout.

9 Ball Girl
06-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Oh geez. What is this? The year of stolen/lost items??? I hope she gets them back.

landshark77
06-08-2005, 05:22 AM
Bump

tamas
06-08-2005, 06:42 AM
there is no way she will get them back... i mean... even if she will find 'em. how she will prove that it belonged to her.. there are tons of same cues.. unless she made some hidden scrach for purpose to identify if smth happens.. ok then what... she finds it... and? i garantee the person will say "Oh i bought it from some jerk.. long time ago..." ..u think the person will give or sell it back.... hmmm i doubt... i think she lost it for good.... it is sad...

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2005, 06:44 AM
I can see your point but if I were in Sarah's situation, I wouldn't care if the person lied and said that they found it, bought them, if a dog dragged it for miles to them--as long as I get them back.

Deeman2
06-08-2005, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tamas:</font><hr> there is no way she will get them back... <font color="blue"> You'd be surprised at how well known Sarah is and how many people will belooking out for these. </font color> i mean... even if she will find 'em. how she will prove that it belonged to her.. there are tons of same cues.. unless she made some hidden scrach for purpose to identify if smth happens.. <font color="blue">I think her name was on one. </font color> ok then what... she finds it... and? i garantee the person will say "Oh i bought it from some jerk.. long time ago..." ..u think the person will give or sell it back.... <font color="blue"> The law clearly does not allow you to keep stolen items even if you paid for them.</font color> hmmm i doubt... i think she lost it for good.... <font color="blue"> I hope you are wrong. The pool world is small and a high profile player's cues will be easy to spot. </font color> it is sad... <font color="blue">I agree. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

landshark77
06-08-2005, 07:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tamas:</font><hr> there is no way she will get them back... i mean... even if she will find 'em. how she will prove that it belonged to her.. there are tons of same cues.. unless she made some hidden scrach for purpose to identify if smth happens.. ok then what... she finds it... and? i garantee the person will say "Oh i bought it from some jerk.. long time ago..." ..u think the person will give or sell it back.... hmmm i doubt... i think she lost it for good.... it is sad... <hr /></blockquote> Ummm, I think the cuemaker can pretty much verify that at least one cue was her's. Actually, I am pretty sure that it wouldn't be a problem at all...it just needs to surface. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ccrider
06-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Cue thieves go to every big event and wait for you to be trusting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
06-08-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there is no way she will get them back... i mean... even if she will find 'em. how she will prove that it belonged to her.. <hr /></blockquote> Go read the posts from Scott Lee about his stolen cue.

eg8r

SRpool
06-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Wally,

Thanks for posting this here. One of the cues stolen was mine. The other two belonged to someone else. They were all three in the same case. The two not belonging to me are very important to the person they were stolen from. They are both very easy to identify.

-black square shaped 3x6 case
-Huebler with 5 points and stainless steel joint, no finish, has VNEA International Junior 2nd place engraved on the butt.
-1 predator 314 shaft for the Huebler
-1 predator Z shaft for the Huebler
-Predator break cue
-Barnhart cue, ebony with 5 tulip wood points, tulip wood handle, tulip wood boxes with ivory diamonds. Sarah Rousey engraved on the butt. One shaft.
-jump cue

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Sarah

Jay M
06-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Sarah,
Have faith. I had two of mine stolen in front of a crowd while in the middle of playing a set against Howard Vickery. It was about a year later that they showed up in my home hall at the time (CM's in Largo). I gave the guy half of what he had paid for them and he gave them back. Also, Rusty Miller, an old-time backer of pool that was a buddy of Ray Martin's, Willie Mosconi's and Howie Pearle's had his predator stolen. I found it for sale in a local pool hall within a week. Stolen cues happen, but the people that buy them generally have enough respect to get them back to the owners as long as they get back at least some of what they paid for them.

Jay M

TomBrooklyn
06-09-2005, 10:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay M:</font><hr> Stolen cues happen, but the people that buy them generally have enough respect to get them back to the owners as long as they get back at least some of what they paid for them.<hr /></blockquote>
Hi Jay,

I'd say so, seeing how as an alternative, you could call 911 have have the police respond. You would have to be able to positively identify the cue for the Police to take any action. It would behove anyone who has their cues stolen to get a police report and have any identifying marks on the cues noted on the report, and then carry a copy of the report around so you have it with you in the event you ever spot the cues.

JimS
06-10-2005, 06:17 AM
........speaking of identifing marks, I'd recommend creating some. I took the butt cap off my cues that leave the house and made some Sharpie markings under it.... also on the joint pin.

TomBrooklyn
06-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I spoke to a couple of different cops about this the other day Jim, and they both said being able to positively identify the cue as uniquely yours was key. They also said you don't have to carry around a copy of the police report, but you should know the number of the report. The 911 responding officers can look it up. They recommended not trying to take the cue back yourself if the person resisted as this could get you into a messy situation. They also said the person holding the cue will be in trouble if you can prove the cue they're holding is yours.

Nostroke
06-13-2005, 08:06 PM
If the cue is found in another State, i doubt the fuzz will be able to look up the report-Id carry a copy.