PDA

View Full Version : Pool and Adderall

jerrodbottini
06-08-2005, 12:52 AM
I have been playing pool for many years and was wondering has anyone ever tryed taking ((Adderall)) before practice or a match? If so what is the pros and cons???

GolfProTj
09-11-2005, 09:34 AM
At very least you will be up for many hours of playing pool,lol, I'd try it as long as you can make a nice stoke

JuddTaylor
09-11-2005, 08:07 PM
I've been on Adderal (or the other kinds of amphetamines that preceded it's creation) for about 13 years now. If you are prescribed this medication, the dosage is unlikely to affect anything but your attention span.

However, if you aren't adjusted to the dosage, or taking a very high dosage, you may experience some anxiety or general nervousness. If that persists, eat some bread to adjust your blood sugar, and maybe absorb some in your stomach to slow down your intake.

Remember to take your time shooting, and don't allow yourself to rush through your drills and games. That is sometimes not what comes naturally with this medication.

Also, in my experience in practicing anything while taking these type of medications, be sure to remember to drink plenty of fluids, as it's real easy to get dry mouth and dehydrated. (Doctors will hate me for saying this, but my choice drink is mountain dew-- which technically makes you more dehydrated, but I swear it solves all of my problems).

-Judd