PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure/Heart Monitor And This Game IDEA

Sid_Vicious
06-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Circuit City just happens to have a wrist monitor free after rebate and I thought that it would be very nice to have this thing to monitor the beginning conditions with the heart rate and BP, then see what it does during the final part of the runout where I(and many) tend to tense up and choke.

Does anyone have something they've studied and applied to control their vitals besides the relaxation techniques commonly posed here in other related stress topics? I am personally going to play with this idea on the home table during runout attempts but an already used and proven method for dealing with the almost certainty that the rate and pressure will indeed elevate, would be quite the tool. I wouldn't wear it during real play unless it was with people at the home. Thoughts???sid

CarolNYC
06-09-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the beginning conditions with the heart rate and BP, then see what it does during the final part of the runout <hr /></blockquote>
LMAO-Sid,
Forgive me for laughing, but if you hooked one of those things up to me, I'd blow the machine apart! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~pumping heart,surprised my shirt doesnt blow off! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman2
06-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Sid,

Buddy, you gotta get a hobby or something.

Deeman

Bassn7
06-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Sid,
I happen to know that at least one pro on the tour has gone to extensive work on just this . . . monitoring and controling heart rate and breathing technique through physiological monitoring. Sports psychologists believe in this method for performance. YOU GO SID!

CarolNYC
06-10-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
controling heart rate and breathing technique <hr /></blockquote>

ABSOLUTELY,whatever you do, BREATHE!
At this last NEWT event, I was down 6-2 for hotseat-at hill-hill, Im on the final 9-ball,longshot-poolhall gets quiet,I notice it, take a walk around the WHOLE table,BREATHING in and out as deep as I could, then snapped the 9-ball in!

Carol~believes in breathing!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif