PDA

View Full Version : Both my cues broken now, quit pool or not?

Patrick
06-11-2002, 04:10 PM
A year ago my $800 Meucci got broken, then I had to play with my Break & jump cue, now it is also broken, I have no cues left. Both my shafts for my Meucci are cracked because I played with a lot spin and hard shots. My Jump & break cue is broken in the joint, where you screw loose the middle part of the butt to transform it to a jump cue. It is a wood to wood joint and some wood has come loose so you can't screw it on, it is loose and there comes a big sound when you hit the balls.

Just when my game was good this happens, I would have won the world championships easy. Maybe this is a sign, maybe I shouldn't play in any tournaments, I was already the best, now it is time for another sport. I reached the goal of the best in the world, I can still get better. The only reason why I should continue is to prove to others how good I am and make a higher standard in pool. Maybe it is all a waste of time. I know I am the best, that's the only thing that matters right? Nobody else cares about who is the best.

I don't have much money to buy new cues.

What do you think I should do, buy new cues or quit and start practicing martial arts?

Patrick

06-11-2002, 04:20 PM
take up ballet im sure you can be the best at that too

bigalerickson
06-11-2002, 04:34 PM
Are you still here? Quit pool, take up karate, and go get your butt kicked.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-11-2002, 04:47 PM
quit pool, and send me your meucci butt..

Patrick
06-11-2002, 08:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> quit pool, and send me your meucci butt..
<hr></blockquote>

How much do you pay for it?

Patrick

cheesemouse
06-11-2002, 08:49 PM
Patrick,
I can't believe your asking advice from us earthlings. I'm glad you are I just bet it is the first time you've done that. I would suggest you find a way to continue playing real pool. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
06-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Hi Patrick,

Are you trying to say your Meucci ferrule's are cracked? Did you know the wood to wood that's broken can be repaired with a insert?

Now, are you trying to say, spin and hard shots broke your equipment? How does this happen? What are you shooting at on the computer table? Martial arts? Why don't you try the military?

Regards,

C.C.

Rich R.
06-12-2002, 04:22 AM
I think it is a sign from your home planet, that you are waisting your vast knowledge on this simplistic earth game. They want you to pursue other activities and stay away from pool.
Rich R.

Eric.
06-12-2002, 09:55 AM
I think Patrick is at a major crossroad of his teenage life. I hope he fares well. Maybe, being an alien, he can twitch his nose and conjure up a new pool cue?

Eric &gt;still trying to do the "nose twinkle/twitch"

Kato
06-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Patrick, can't you have The Council from the planet Zeron teleport a couple of pool cues down?

Kato~~~just a thought

PQQLK9
06-12-2002, 10:40 AM
&lt;What do you think I should do, buy new cues or quit and start practicing martial arts?&gt;

Seems to me like you have already been practcing martial arts (with your cues)

Patrick
06-12-2002, 11:31 AM
One of the Meucci shaft has a cracked shaft (someone dropped it on a metal thing), the other has a cracked ferrule (because of spin and hard shots), but I don't want to change the ferrule because the shaft is not straight.
The Break &amp; Jump cue is not straight either.
If I will buy a new shaft for my Meucci, I don't want to buy the same Meucci shaft, I want to buy a Predator shaft, but they don't sell them here, I need to order it online but I don't have a credit card.

Patrick

SPetty
06-12-2002, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> I need to order it online but I don't have a credit card.
<hr></blockquote>Hi Patrick,

Can you find a friend or a parent with a credit card, and give them the money and they can order it for you?

TomBrooklyn
06-12-2002, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr>...I would have won the world championships easy. ...I reached the goal of the best in the world ...The only reason why I should continue is to prove to others how good I am and make a higher standard in pool.

I don't have much money to buy new cues. What do you think I should do, buy new cues or quit and start practicing martial arts? <hr></blockquote>

Patrick,
You could win the World (earth) Championships with a housecue. Heck, I'll bet you could win playing with a broomstick. I hope you enter and win because all of your autographed cards will double in value. Mine is already worth $70.00, and I'm not selling yet. http://vp3.0catch.com/autograph.htm

After you win a few major tournements you can retire at the top of your game and become a legend like Micheal Jordon, Jim Brown and James Dean. You can then concentrate on martial arts, at which I think you believe that you will be very successful.

heater451
06-12-2002, 04:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr>. . .Both my shafts for my Meucci are cracked because I played with a lot spin and hard shots. . . .<hr></blockquote>

Patrick, quit trying to shoot the VP3 cue ball with your sticks. . . .

06-12-2002, 05:38 PM
A Poem for Patrick

Your Alien head has just run out of gas.

It does that some times when it's stuck up your A$$.

So instead of these bogus woe-is-me blues,

Try grabing a stick off the rack...you can choose!

The best in the world? Ya right, me too,

So try telling me something a little bit new.

As far as a higher standard of Pool..

Shouldn't that read higher standard of Fool?

Hmmmm maybe not, that titles been took

Buy every Tom, Dick and Harry, and occational crook.

So pleasant dreams for world glory, i just got to say,

You'll never get there if you quit, so good day. St

Chris Cass
06-12-2002, 08:49 PM
That's easy Patrick. Just give the money to someone who does. Just make sure they put the order in and get the reply it has been accepted in front of you. These humans can be tricky.

Are you sure the shaft is warped? I'd hate to see you spend $175. and find out your butt is warped. Why don't check it out and roll it on a pool table seperatly. A real one of course. Aww, what the heck. Take a roll down the table too. Just to make sure everything is straight. LOL

If the cue wasn't worth so much money. I would suggest you by a preditor cue instead. Then, you could sell yours.

Regards and may the force be with you,

Captain C.C.

Voodoo Daddy
06-12-2002, 09:48 PM
Please dont buy any more cues...try to perfect martial arts as you like you did pool. Chuck Norris, Bolo Yung, Jean-Claude Van Dam, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Steven Segal, Don "the Dragon" Wilson, and Billy Blank should feel as inadaquite{sp} as we the pool world has felt with your presence. I for one look foward to your Action Movie debut with yourself, ALPHA, Bernie in "Three Loser"...

Voodoo...cant stop laughing thinking how Bolo Yung would turn Patrick into the pretzel he was meant to be, while Fran punked out Bernie...meanwhile me and rackmup slap up ALPHA!!!

Chris Cass
06-12-2002, 10:38 PM
Hey Voodoo,

Your talking to someone who has no concept of reality. The guy thinks he's God and even compares himself to God. He's got nothing but his computer. That's his whole existance. He claims he's better than us and degrades every player that worked hard to get where there at.

I'm thinking this kid is on tons of meds. Could be on crack too, who knows? Alpha, I don't know much about but Bernie is definitly punchout material. For Patrick, a little ball breaking is in order. He doesn't have any friends and of course he's a weenie. LOL

Best regards,

C.C.

06-12-2002, 10:51 PM
hello Patrick,
you certainly are unique...at least as you appear online anyway. i am curious just what Meucci you broke. the price you quoted in an unusual price point for this brand. either you got a great deal or didn't fare well.
have you taught many "virtual" lessons? i'm far more curious of the response you've recieved regarding your pool school than what cues you use. i have VP3 and never really became all that interested in the game. i have to disagree that it is a fair representation of real pool. i even have that mouse like device that let's one use a real cue..it's confusingly realistic this way but still not applicable as real practice. in my opinion 90% of practice is developing or maintaining a repeatable solid stroke. virtual pool doesn't allow this. if anyone has had these lessons then please post your impression of them. i like many would never consider online lessons for real or virtual pool. although i think for an above average to skilled player 50 dollars every few months is money well spent from a "real" reputable instructor. still i did read about your offerings from your web site and it was an interesting visit.
Patrick? of course wherever you are, you can work out a predator shaft purchase. even if you have few friends, surely one has a credit card, if not you can send a money order..or use paypal. you have lots of options. now if you want the shaft to perfectly fit your Meucci or break cue then refer to the responses i've recieved on this board on that subject.
in closing..don't quit pool or your posts for that matter. i feel sure that even your greatest detractors would miss you.
best regards,
^v^

Patrick
06-12-2002, 11:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Patrick:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I need to order it online but I don't have a credit card.
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Hi Patrick,

Can you find a friend or a parent with a credit card, and give them the money and they can order it for you?
<hr></blockquote>

No.

Patrick
06-12-2002, 11:50 PM
It is a Meucci 97-27.

Patrick

SpiderMan
06-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Man, I think you just won first prize! Even Rackmup has never come
up with anything close to this!

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Stretch:</font><hr> A Poem for Patrick

Your Alien head has just run out of gas.

It does that some times when it's stuck up your A$$.

So instead of these bogus woe-is-me blues,

Try grabing a stick off the rack...you can choose!

The best in the world? Ya right, me too,

So try telling me something a little bit new.

As far as a higher standard of Pool..

Shouldn't that read higher standard of Fool?

Hmmmm maybe not, that titles been took

Buy every Tom, Dick and Harry, and occational crook.

So pleasant dreams for world glory, i just got to say,

You'll never get there if you quit, so good day. St

<hr></blockquote>

06-13-2002, 12:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hey Voodoo,

Your talking to someone who has no concept of reality. The guy thinks he's God and even compares himself to God. He's got nothing but his computer. That's his whole existance. He claims he's better than us and degrades every player that worked hard to get where there at.

I'm thinking this kid is on tons of meds. Could be on crack too, who knows? Alpha, I don't know much about but Bernie is definitly punchout material. For Patrick, a little ball breaking is in order. He doesn't have any friends and of course he's a weenie. LOL

Best regards,

C.C. <hr></blockquote>

i'm sorry, but that's cold. patrick has been on this board longer than i have and, although all of what you say is either true or pretty close, i stand to defend patrick. yea, he's a loonie-tune but he's our loonie-tune.

just thought someone autta do it.

dan..but then you never know, he might be right????

06-13-2002, 12:55 AM
i'm a Meucci admirer myself and yep that's a good cue but with your admitted limited funds you paid too much for it. anyway, what about your pool school? how has the response been? what kind of response have you had? surely you get a fair share of balks and insults but do you have any lesson takers that are repeat customers? i am not being sarcastic i am curious.
also one thing that concerns me :-) surely if your IQ is on the level you suggest then puzzles for the lesser would not be so entertaining, nor as such a focus. more importantly shouldn't you be at least able to speak or more easily write(with exact per-region accepted accuracy) at least 1,452 languages? with the increase in your rate of information transfer than you should be easily able to keep up with the current pigeon for all current languages. the most direct correlation with IQ is the ability to speak well in differant languages. the great scientists and thinkers past and still present have only estimated context specific IQs. Einstien(my personal favorite person yet to live) had a very low measured IQ..don't believe the legend of his perfect score..he did terribly on his few measured tests. those that speak multiple languages have a larger high IQ measure mark than any other correlation. proffession choice takes a back seat to this. i find your posts entertaining but in regard to your delusions of grandeur i want you to back them up! refer some satisfied customers from your pool school to post and don't just use another log-in name. show off your grand intelligence in a way superior to mere puzzles. i am sure that my measured IQ from the variety of tests i've had would surpass yours(what measures have you used?), also i feel even more certain i could beat you at real life billiards.
best regards,
^v^

heater451
06-13-2002, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>...try to perfect martial arts as you like you did pool. Chuck Norris, Bolo Yung, Jean-Claude Van Dam, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Steven Segal, Don "the Dragon" Wilson, and Billy Blank should feel as inadaquite{sp} as we the pool world has felt with your presence. . .<hr></blockquote>
So. . .to "perfect" martial arts, would one use Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, DOA, or a WWF game?

~~just curious

Chris Cass
06-13-2002, 07:33 AM
Hi Dan,

Can't argue with you. He is ours and I was extremely cold. I guess I was in one of those moods. Patrick could be worse, and I could be better at accepting him. After all, he's only human.

In any event, I'm sorry I was so hard on him. He's never done anything to me. He's right about humans making mistakes. I've made plenty. I just have a hard time with someone that compares himself to God. Not to mention my yrs of devoted table time don't mean diddly. Hard for me to swallow but I'll be nicer, I promise.

Regards,

C.C.

cheesemouse
06-13-2002, 08:28 AM
Patrick,
Send me your earth mailing address and I will ship you a used sneaky pete cue and my spare tele-a-porter free of charge. These items may come in handy while while traveling the world beating the best at real pool.

Patrick
06-13-2002, 01:56 PM
Why do you assume my students want to share the secrets with others? They want to be the only ones who know what I know.
I have had 2 students, they have taken 9 lessons, and more lessons will come after I got paid.

Patrick

06-13-2002, 07:16 PM
Oh Patrick, you poor clueless Alien. Why in the world would you let them take more than one without getting paid? I think Bluebird may have a point here....still, you are entertaining, and you are ours, and some of us do actually admire your chutzpah. Not me, but some of us...(Just kidding) Good luck in your many quests Patrick. But I do think if you narrowed the field a little, you might have better results /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

06-13-2002, 09:23 PM
800 dollar meucci i didnt think [censored] cost that much, thats your first problem your better off playing off the wall

Patrick
06-14-2002, 05:47 AM
Here is the official Meucci site with the cue, it is $850. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.meuccicues.com/Meucci3.htm>http://www.meuccicues.com/Meucci3.htm</a>
It is on same page as the Hall of fame cues, maybe it gets to Hall of fame soon.

When I bought it 4 years ago it cost $1000 in Sweden.
Now the cue is worth more in swedish money, they don't sell it in the store anymore. New shafts cost twice as much now as 4 years ago.

Patrick

Patrick
06-14-2002, 06:03 AM
I don't like used cues, I don't know what has happened to the cue.

Patrick

SPetty
06-14-2002, 06:20 AM
Hi Patrick,

I felt like it was my "duty" to pass along this spam that I recently received. I don't normally read spam, but the subject line on this was just too interesting. Maybe you know what the apparently random numbers in the subject and letters at the bottom mean.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Subject: PLEASE HELP me aliens or Time Travelers! 11070
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 3:16:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Hello,

If you are a time traveler or alien and or in possession of government or alien technology I need your help! I need a consciousness transfer to m younger self. My entire life and health has been messed with by evil beings! This is not a joke! I am serious! Please send a separate email to me
at: powerhouse0908@yahoo.com if you can help! Thanks

aOYwyufsVtU

x: i

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
<hr></blockquote>

Eric.
06-14-2002, 07:45 AM
Dude,

Just a thought, why don't you take Cheesemouse up on his generous offer? At least you'll have something to play with. I agree with you that I'd rather start with a new cue, but like the saying goes: What do you want for nothing, your money back?!

Eric &gt;if it's free, it's for me

Chris Cass
06-14-2002, 08:06 AM
OUCH,

That's a nice kick in the teeth. That ruined your chance at the yellow caddy.

C.C.

06-14-2002, 09:05 AM
How in the world do you break a "virtual" cue?

Patrick
06-14-2002, 09:15 PM
I found my 6-7 year old Falcon cue, 19.5 oz, it is very bad, can't make long draw shots, the shaft sounds bad, like a hollow sound, I am scared I will break it. But it is easier to control speed with this lighter cue. With my Break cue I could make long draw shots easily because it weighed more and felt more solid on hard shots.

Patrick

Patrick
06-14-2002, 10:10 PM
http://vp3.0catch.com/cue012goa2.JPG
This cue doesn't look virtual.

Patrick

06-14-2002, 10:31 PM
You're right, it looks like that old Meucci "cameo" model. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif No insult intended here Patrick, so don't read more than there is into it. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Patrick
06-14-2002, 10:58 PM
Ballet is for girls.

Patrick