PDA

View Full Version : Santos Sambajon Pool Cue

jerrodbottini
06-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Has anyone heard that someone stole Santos Sambajon pool cue at the Reno open.....

Jimmy B
06-10-2005, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jerrodbottini:</font><hr> Has anyone heard that someone stole Santos Sambajon pool cue at the Reno open..... <hr /></blockquote>

If anyone here knows any info on who stole it (I haven't hear it was) please contact me in private, I'd love to buy it :-D It's the only PFD I'd want.

JB

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Good God not another one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Cueless Joey
06-10-2005, 10:16 AM
That is f'd up.
Santos loves that cue.
He was offered $6K for that cue and he turned it down.
He's won a few titles with that cue.
It's a curly purpleheart with ivory inlays PFD.
That cue cannot be sold in the open here. It'll probably end up overseas or some stupid pawn shop.

Deeman2
06-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Despite my claims of trying to steal this very cue in the past, I have a solid alibye if he wasmn't near Longview, Texas.

I am very sorry to hear about this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Deeman

AuntyDan
06-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Wow, that's just terrible for Santos, and as it is a very distinctive cue it is hard to believe anyone in the trade would not recognise it if they saw it for sale.

Stealing PFD cues seems to be a popular sport at present, he had web 5 stolen from an art gallery in LA (http://www.pfdcues.com/html/cues/stolen_cues.html).

Oddly enough there was a very similar PFD cue on Ebay this week (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=21212&amp;item=7162013 560&amp;rd=1), but it was Ebony rather than Purpleheart. It did't sell even at $3200 so Jimmy you still may have a chance if you have deep pockets ;-)

cueball1950
07-13-2005, 09:02 PM
did anyone ever figure out if this was true or not. Was just wondering and wondered if he got it back or not.????????????????????????mike

Cueless Joey
07-13-2005, 09:26 PM
The cue is in Japan now.
Don't ask how I know or why.
I'm not part of it.