PDA

View Full Version : The Final CCB PettyPoint Chili Cookoff Post

ryushen21
06-12-2005, 12:22 AM
If you are reading this then you probably already know all about the Chili Cookoff and who all is coming and so on and so forth. After talking with SPetty tonight and so that all confusion will be avoided i thought that it would be a good idea to pose an idea for friday night activities.

Instead of trying to get everyone together for a dinner out, we could meet out at PettyPoint and make burgers and other such things. That way the locals get to know the out of towners and we can get an early start. And, it would probably be a lot cheaper than going out to eat.

Of course if Nine Ball Girl still wanted to go out to see a "Real Texas Bar" arrangements can still be made for that and anyone that wanted to tag along could.

Also, this idea just popped into my head, why not have a yankees(remember, Texans consider anything north of the Red River a yankee) vs. southerners match? It would be interesting to see i think.

Let me know what you guys think. And keep in mind that less the yankee vs. southerners match all ideas were previously approved through SPetty.

9 Ball Girl
06-12-2005, 12:58 AM
If we don't get to go to a "real" Texas bar where I can ride a mechanical bull, that's ok. It'll just give me an excuse to have to go down to Texas again in the future!

I like the Yank vs. South idea. I think that's cute. I'd probably match up with Chopstick, being we haven't played in a while (months for me).

Hey Spetty, do you have "house" cues. I'm kind of debating on whether or not I should bring my cues. No biggie though.

Vagabond
06-12-2005, 06:29 AM
Hi 9 Ball Girl,
Not every Texas Bar has Mechanical Bull to ride.u may try the country western place right near CJ Wiley`s old pool room in Dallas.By the way if u want to look like a Texan, wear your Blue Jeans FULLY STARCHED and WELL PRESSED.I do not know how tall you are and if u are a tall person wear the Jeans with High Waist.Have fun
Note: I have been in more Cities in Texas than many born Texans.
Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ceebee
06-12-2005, 06:30 AM
So....., what geographical boundary will be used to determine who the yankees are? Maybe yankees is a bad word. Maybe the Red River or the Texas Border will be the dividing line. Maybe we could give the contest a name... "The Rangers versus the Rest...." That would pit myself, Cane, 9 Ball Girl, Chopsticks, RAS314 & others against Spetty, Sid Vicious, Spiderman, Deeman2, Tony, CW, Ryushen21

Ryushen21 has aked me to bring him a book... anybody else want me to bring them one too.

Maybe Spetty should spell out the sleeping arrangements, so everyone will know what to expect when the sandman comes around...

ryushen21
06-12-2005, 01:41 PM
NBG,we could still go into town that night for some mechanical bull riding. The closest place that i can think of would be Gilley's. I know that Billy Bob's in Fort Worth has one but that is a bit of a long haul.

Ceebee, as for the dividing line as to who is a yankee and who isn't, anyone who is north of the Red River (not including the Texas Panhandle) are considered yankees. As for format, shoudl we live it at singles matches or set up maybe a scotch doubles match?

Any other ideas from you guys out there?

poolturtle
06-12-2005, 05:24 PM
I all of the sudden feel left out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Didn't get my name mentioned. It's ok. I'm still a questionable. It's kind of a sticky situation with the family right now. They're the ones who would keep the son.

I hate complications that come with joint custody parenthood. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SPetty
06-12-2005, 07:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr> I all of the sudden feel left out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Didn't get my name mentioned. It's ok. I'm still a questionable. <hr /></blockquote>Aw, I didn't forget you, turtle! I'm looking forward to seeing you again, so you better show! Besides, it sounds like you've become the #1 9BG fan!

As for our own Texas ExPatriot Cup, if we do that, I'd like to see it as a Round Robin singles format. Those of us who are here Friday night and/or Saturday morning can get an early start on it that way. And depending on how the ratios fall out, Chopstick belongs in the south, right? And ras314 too, right?

Here's what I think I know about attendees and overnighters. Known overnighters are colored in <font color="red">red</font color>, "maybe" overnighters are colored in <font color="orange">orange</font color>:

Spiderman - Spiderman's Pretty Good Chili
<font color="orange">Deeman</font color> - Memphis Beale Street Sweet Chili
<font color="red">ras314</font color> - New Mexico Chili (warm)
<font color="red">ryushen21</font color> - Special Ingredient "X" Mexican Chili
<font color="red">9 Ball Girl</font color> - New Yawk Canned Chili
<font color="red">ceebee</font color> - CB's Chili Meat Loaf
stroker - Rocky Mountain Venison Chili
caedos - I Forgot To Get The Name Of His Chili

PoolFool - "Who's Finger Is It" Chili? - I don't really know if PoolFool is bringing chili or not...

Chopstick
Cane
<font color="red">Sid_Vicious</font color>
UTAddb
<font color="orange">poolturtle</font color>

(This looks suspiciously like almost a full house. I have three queens, two twins and two singles...)

Another reminder:
Plan to bring your chili in your own crock pot or heating device of your choice. Bring your drinks in your own cooler with plenty of ice and plenty of drinks. (I don't think there'll be room in the fridge.)

I've got the meat and the grill for burgers on Friday night. If I could impose on others to bring buns and other fixin's, that would help. Let me know if you're willing... Please let me know if you're coming on Friday.

BTW - LeRoy wanted me to tell you that the person with the best chili gets a free cat as a prize!

poolturtle
06-12-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW - LeRoy wanted me to tell you that the person with the best chili gets a free cat as a prize!
<hr /></blockquote>

Tell LeRoy that Spiderman beat him to the punch with that post that had the free cat pic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Aw, I didn't forget you, turtle! I'm looking forward to seeing you again, so you better show! Besides, it sounds like you've become the #1 9BG fan!
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, and with any luck, she'll be the #1 Turtle fan! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ras314
06-12-2005, 09:10 PM
I like the idea of hamburgers, NM chili goes real good on them! Never tried it on hot dogs for some reason. Should have some ready to sample in a few days, let you know then how "warm" it is. Be warned this stuff does get warmer as it ages. Be glad to pick up some buns and whatever, let me know. We can break out some tamales Fri too, if I can ever get ahold of the tamale maker. Ought to be able to put them on the barbie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'd be insulted being considered a Yankee! After all I was born in the south. South Dakota that is. And raised mostly in Alabama.

Rip
06-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Vagabond,
I just can't picture you dressed in the style you described /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Rip~wondering if Vagabond has a pair of two tone Italian cut brogue western boots in his trunk?

9 Ball Girl
06-13-2005, 08:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>Besides, it sounds like you've become the #1 9BG fan!<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr>Thanks, and with any luck, she'll be the #1 Turtle fan! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif<hr /></blockquote>

We'll see said the blind man. We'll see... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric.
06-13-2005, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>
[ QUOTE ]

Tell LeRoy that Spiderman beat him to the punch with that post that had the free cat pic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Please tell me that isn't Spidey's "secret ingredient" for his Chili!

Eric &gt;meow

SPetty
06-13-2005, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>As for our own Texas ExPatriot Cup, if we do that, I'd like to see it as a Round Robin singles format. Those of us who are here Friday night and/or Saturday morning can get an early start on it that way. <hr /></blockquote> My count might be wrong, but it's close: We have ten CCBers attending that currently live in Texas:
SPetty, Spiderman, Sid_Vicious, PoolFool, Deeman, poolturtle, ryushen21, UTAddb, stroker, caedos (but he has to leave early Saturday)

But only five that don't live in Texas:
9 Ball Girl, Cane, ceebee, Chopstick, ras314

What we need is more out-of-staters to attend... Hmmm...

Or maybe we have enough natives to do Native Texans vs Aliens? Or, we can do a deal where 9 Ball Girl and I take turns picking teammates (of course, I have a huge advantage there...) to make two teams...

OR, we can try Dave's fun format scotch doubles. I've heard you need a printer, but maybe we can do it without, using slips of paper the way Cathy did at last year's USOpen. It would be nice to have someone that's not me running that, though.

OR, we can just get in line and each of us will be able to play one game every hour or so (Unless you're out smoking and lose your turn... sorry about that, Deeman...) (except Spiderman, of course, who holds the table for hours at a time as long as he can reach food).

Any other ideas? Any preferences? We still need to have time to sample the chili too!

poolturtle
06-13-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Could be. The actual name could be "Spiderman's Purrrty Good Chili" /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ok.....horrible joke.

9 Ball Girl
06-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Whatever is decided is fine by me. I'm just going to have myself a good 'ole time! If this becomes an annual thing, you may just get more New Yorkers out there, hmmmm...

On another note, don't know if you saw one of my other posts, do you have house cues? I'm seriously considering not bringing my cues--if I do, I have to check 'em in and then wait for them on the conveyer thing-a-ma-jig...Since I'm packing light, I'll get off the plane and be ready to go!

SPetty
06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Oops - I meant to PM you... Right away...

SpiderMan
06-13-2005, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>

Could be. The actual name could be "Spiderman's Purrrty Good Chili" /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ok.....horrible joke. <hr /></blockquote>

Try some of this stuff, boy .... it'll put hair on your tongue /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SpiderMan (no cat hair in my chili, please)

ryushen21
06-13-2005, 01:33 PM
SPetty,

I just got my work schedule for the next two weeks. I am not going to ne get the chance to make a run for special ingerdient "x". So, unfortunately, i have to withdraw my entry. However, i would be more than happy to act as a judge.

I feel as though i have let you guys down.

Vagabond
06-13-2005, 03:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> Vagabond,
I just can't picture you dressed in the style you described /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Rip~wondering if Vagabond has a pair of two tone Italian cut brogue western boots in his trunk?

Hi RIP,
I do not have much space in my black sport car to carry too many things.I do,however,have Ostrich western Boots in Red color (By ToniLama)and another pair of western Boots peacock feather colors.Both were bought in Wood`s Bootery in Colarado city,a west Texas town.In my hey day I carried 47 pairs of shoes with me and now less than a dozen.I do not have my walking cane anymore which was a Bull`s penis stretched by keeping a metal probe thru it`s urethra.This (Bull`s Penis) is the epitomy of evidence to be considered a redneck. Cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

ryushen21
06-13-2005, 04:03 PM
SPetty has an excellent selection of house cues of the two piece variety. So you can probably get away with leaving yours there.

I'll be out at PettyPoint around 630. I have to work friday afternoon but i will definitely be there as soon as I can.

SPetty
06-15-2005, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> I just got my work schedule for the next two weeks. I am not going to get the chance to make a run for special ingredient "x". So, unfortunately, I have to withdraw my entry. <hr /></blockquote>First, glad to see you still have a job! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Second, if special ingredient "x" was a meaty substance, you could substitute beef. If special ingredient "x" was a peppery substance, you could substitute jalepenos. If special ingredient "x" was a vegetable substance, you could substitute onions. If special ingredient "x" was a spice, you could substitute chili powder. If special ingredient "x" was a herb, well... You could still make a pretty good pot of chili, I'm guessing.

I feel let down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-15-2005, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> If special ingredient "x" was a herb, well... <hr /></blockquote>I thought you were going to say marijuana! You were on a roll there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
06-15-2005, 01:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> SPetty,

I just got my work schedule for the next two weeks. I am not going to ne get the chance to make a run for special ingerdient "x". So, unfortunately, i have to withdraw my entry. However, i would be more than happy to act as a judge.

I feel as though i have let you guys down.

<hr /></blockquote>
Don't worry, we won't let you go hungry.

SpiderMan

ryushen21
06-15-2005, 02:24 PM
SPetty,

If it were any of the things that you mentioned, i would have been able to substitute. However, it's not. I guess that i will have to make up for this in some other way. I'm already bringing two bottles of the good tequila, what else can i do?

Ohh yeah, i'll be out to PettyPoint around 7 on friday night but i'll have to leave around 5pm saturday evening. Stupid job!

SPetty
06-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Okee Dokee, CCBers. The PettyPoint CCB Chili CookOff and Tamale Eating and Pool Playing weekend starts in about four days. I've spent the last two days setting up tables and tents and electricity, etc.

If you're thinking about coming and haven't told me yet, now's the time!

I've looked at Dave's fun format scotch doubles, and I think that will work for us for a tournament. I'll have the rounds drawn up so we know what we're doing.

Deeman won't be staying the night (if he comes at all /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif ), so Cane and Billie will take that bed.

Who's coming out for burgers Friday night? Who's spending the night Friday? 9BG, ras314, ryushen21, Cane... ceebee? Sid?

I've asked Cane and ras314 to bring buns and chips for Friday burgers - ryushen21 is bringing a weekend's worth of tequila...

Chili cooks: Please bring your chili in your own crock pot or heating device of your choice.

Everyone: Bring your drinks in your own cooler with plenty of ice and plenty of drinks.

What else? Everyone ready? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-20-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm staying over! But I guess you knew that, huh. I'm up for whatever anyone wants to do!

Can't wait!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wendy&lt;---leaves on a jet plane on Friday......

SpiderMan
06-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Deeman not coming?!!!??!

He's supposed to be bringing my prize T-shirt for winning the "king of the hill" tournament at your last get-together. Does he expect me to go naked?

SpiderMan

ryushen21
06-20-2005, 12:39 PM
i'm staying the night as well. i can't believe you forgot that. And with all the people that are coming, i hope the tequila supply will last the weekend.

SPetty
06-20-2005, 12:50 PM
I didn't forget you were spending the night - that's why I listed you with the folks I know ARE spending the night Friday night... 9BG, ras314, ryushen21, Cane...

As surprising as it might be, I'll have "backup' tequila if yours doesn't last... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ceebee
06-21-2005, 08:03 AM
I'll be staying the night for sure.

I'm going to start my Chili Meatloaf this afternoon. I'll try to bring along some fantastic bread so we can all have a Meatloaf Sandwich with some delicious Jalapeno Chips.

Cane, Chopstick, 9-BallGirl, Ras314 &amp; myself will be like a bastion against the Texas Crew.

Bring some monopoly money &amp; let's play Texas Hold'em cards. We can also play High Stakes 8-Ball, 9-Ball, One-Pocket &amp; 3-Ball for the cash.... Whaddya think?

SpiderMan
06-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Don't forget to bring those song tracks for us to mix and record!

SpiderMan

SPetty
06-21-2005, 12:27 PM
I spent last evening setting up SEVEN beds upstairs. It's all I've got. And, everyone can still get to the bathroom from their bed! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You guys are just gonna have to fight over who gets what bed. I didn't actually make the beds, but I put the sheets and pillows on the beds so that you can use them to make your own bed. Hope that's not asking too much!

9BG
ras314
Cane &amp; Billie
ryushen21
ceebee
Sid (Saturday) - hey Sid, are you coming on Friday?

That leaves one soft spot for the taking (stroker?, UTAddb?, poolturtle?). Anyone else will have to sleep on the floor! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Well, seeing as I'll be the first one to arrive (I think), I'll be the first to stake my claim!

SpiderMan
06-21-2005, 03:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'll be the first to stake my claim! <hr /></blockquote>

On the Poolturtle? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

SPetty
06-21-2005, 03:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'll have the rounds drawn up so we know what we're doing.<hr /></blockquote>I've got the rounds drawn up and the score sheet ready. Race to 2: 9-ball on the big table, 8-ball on the small table, flip for break. There's 15 rounds for the tourney, and each round is four matches. Everyone is partnered with everyone else once. Everyone plays against everyone else twice. Everyone plays on either table almost evenly (7/8). Everyone plays top half or bottom half of the round almost evenly.

Here's the first round:

9': SPetty-PoolFool -vs- Chopstick-Deeman
7': ryushen21-Cane -vs- ras314-Spiderman
9': poolturtle-Sid_Vicious -vs- UTAddb-caedos
7': stroker-9 Ball Girl -vs- XXX-ceebee

There's 15 players on the list, but we need 16 to make it work. We'll either get a 16th to play for XXX, or whoever is partnered with XXX gets to play the match by themselves.

So how long will it take to play 15 rounds? I'm thinking four hours? I know caedos has to leave early - can we plan to start the tourney at 1 p.m. on Saturday? Can we start it earlier?

Sound right? Everyone ready? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ras314
06-21-2005, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I spent last evening setting up SEVEN beds upstairs. It's all I've got. And, everyone can still get to the bathroom from their bed! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
Earlier post.....
"I've spent the last two days setting up tables and tents and electricity, etc."

I be confused. Here I thought we'd all have rain proof tents with little air conditioners and skeeter repellers in them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We got two pool tables and eats, sleeping seems a minor thing. Any how I've got a big old queen sized air mattress if I can figure out how to fill the thing, long since lost the weird filler adapter. Think it uses a hair dryer or something. Does take up a bit of space though.

The chili cook came through with a fine green pork chili that's a bit on the upper end of "warm". She tells me she made it as mild as she could but I think I might ought to warn folks to go easy on it at first, it takes a few minuets to get the full effect. It is not gringo chili. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
06-21-2005, 06:32 PM
"Sid (Saturday) - hey Sid, are you coming on Friday?"

I think Friday is a have to show time if even for a short evening and a return on Saturday. 9BG can try my Woody for a play thing...that be a Woody Woodsworth custom, but you got to admit, it does jump up with that sirname, jump up, roll over, plays dead like a possum...well I must curb my Texas tougue huh ;-) sid

SpiderMan
06-22-2005, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> She tells me she made it as mild as she could but I think I might ought to warn folks to go easy on it at first, it takes a few minuets to get the full effect. It is not gringo chili. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

If it's not gringo, why doesn't it take a few flamencos?

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
06-22-2005, 08:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'll be the first to stake my claim! <hr /></blockquote>

On the Poolturtle? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Actually, I think SPetty's got a Viking with my name on it!

Sid_Vicious
06-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey I pack a nice Viking as well. You can experiment...sid

Stretch
06-22-2005, 10:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'll have the rounds drawn up so we know what we're doing.<hr /></blockquote>I've got the rounds drawn up and the score sheet ready. Race to 2: 9-ball on the big table, 8-ball on the small table, flip for break. There's 15 rounds for the tourney, and each round is four matches. Everyone is partnered with everyone else once. Everyone plays against everyone else twice. Everyone plays on either table almost evenly (7/8). Everyone plays top half or bottom half of the round almost evenly.

Here's the first round:

7': ryushen21-Cane -vs- ras314-Spiderman
9': poolturtle-Sid_Vicious -vs- UTAddb-caedos
7': stroker-9 Ball Girl -vs- XXX-ceebee

There's 15 players on the list, but we need 16 to make it work. We'll either get a 16th to play for XXX, or whoever is partnered with XXX gets to play the match by themselves.

So how long will it take to play 15 rounds? I'm thinking four hours? I know caedos has to leave early - can we plan to start the tourney at 1 p.m. on Saturday? Can we start it earlier?

Sound right? Everyone ready? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Is this not an Angel? Is this not the most awsome display of Hospitality known to man?? Spetty you blow me away. You'll be happy to know that i'm totaly jealous at what will be i'm sure a KICK ASS weekend and a memory making event, and i'm not there /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif That's it...your just going to have to get a bigger place with more tables lol. Have fun! St.

9 Ball Girl
06-22-2005, 10:22 AM
I think that's why they call it Southern Hospitality! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
06-22-2005, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>
Deeman's coming now? I want my King-of-the-Hill tournament trophy! (unless it's Mr Hanky) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
So how long will it take to play 15 rounds? I'm thinking four hours? I know caedos has to leave early - can we plan to start the tourney at 1 p.m. on Saturday? Can we start it earlier?<hr /></blockquote>
When do we start eating? I think I can be there by 1:00, but I'd like to time my chili simmering to be tastiest at the peak of consumption.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
06-22-2005, 10:52 AM
What's the plan for Friday? Did anyone decide on a restaurant for dinner? Is it dancing at a Texas honky-tonk? I have a regular tournament I normally attend on Fridays, but I may have to skip collecting my allowance anyway this week. 1st priority is getting my chili on schedule for a 1:00 pm Saturday start time.

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
06-22-2005, 11:21 AM
I believe that SPetty said there was a mini cookout (burgers) on Friday at 6 PM? Is that right? Whatever we do, I'm a New York girl so I'm always ready for anything!

SPetty
06-22-2005, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Deeman's coming now? ...
When do we start eating? <hr /></blockquote>I sure hope Deeman is coming! I haven't heard from him in days. The last I heard was that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to make it. I threatened him appropriately, but even if he doesn't come, maybe Tori will come without him?

I figured we'll be eating all day between playing pool. If you want to mark yours as "off limits" until it's ready, that's O.K. But understand that we may have burned taste buds after sampling that mild stuff from New Mexico... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
06-22-2005, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> What's the plan for Friday? <hr /></blockquote>I'm picking up 9BG from the airport and bringing her back to PettyPoint for burgers on the grill. Cane, Bobbie, ras314, ryushen21, ceebee and Sid are all planning to come for burgers and pool.

You're welcome to join us if you can make it. Let me know.

When's Chopstick getting in? Will he be riding with you or in his own rent car?

ras314
06-22-2005, 12:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>
The unsuspecting might invent a new dance or two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Actually it's probably just me, being as she really did try to get it rather mild. I tried some of the "normal" chili once and I think it was several days before the feeling returned to my mouth and lips. This type chili is different than I've seen anywhere else, all the local restaurants have it but in a much watered down version for tourists and newcomers like me.

Besides I thought bar-b-cue was the Texas thing, not chili? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
06-22-2005, 01:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Deeman's coming now? ...
When do we start eating? <hr /></blockquote>I sure hope Deeman is coming! I haven't heard from him in days. The last I heard was that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to make it. I threatened him appropriately, but even if he doesn't come, maybe Tori will come without him?

I figured we'll be eating all day between playing pool. If you want to mark yours as "off limits" until it's ready, that's O.K. But understand that we may have burned taste buds after sampling that mild stuff from New Mexico... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yep, I'll be there but will probably arrive just after noon on Saturday.
Deeman

SPetty
06-22-2005, 02:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Yep, I'll be there but will probably arrive just after noon on Saturday. <hr /></blockquote>You just made me smile. Good to hear from you. See you then!

SpiderMan
06-22-2005, 03:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Deeman's coming now? ...

I figured we'll be eating all day between playing pool. If you want to mark yours as "off limits" until it's ready, that's O.K. But understand that we may have burned taste buds after sampling that mild stuff from New Mexico... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yep, I'll be there but will probably arrive just after noon on Saturday.
Deeman <hr /></blockquote>
Great! It wouldn't be the same without our third member of the "River City Wrecking Crew".

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
06-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Chopstick is renting a car, and mentioned bring his new girlfriend as well as his new stick. When we see what he actually arrives with, we'll know where his priorities are /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He bought some special luggage to transport the cue on the plane, so he wouldn't have to send it to me UPS. I don't know his arrival time, but will call him tonight for the final details.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
06-22-2005, 03:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>
The unsuspecting might invent a new dance or two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Actually it's probably just me, being as she really did try to get it rather mild. I tried some of the "normal" chili once and I think it was several days before the feeling returned to my mouth and lips. This type chili is different than I've seen anywhere else, all the local restaurants have it but in a much watered down version for tourists and newcomers like me.

Besides I thought bar-b-cue was the Texas thing, not chili? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
Apparently you have not heard the ranting from myself and Deeman2 .... Texas BBQ sucks, as a general rule, for anyone who grew up in the mid-south. We're just used to much better! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd rather eat production-line BBQ sandwiches from a chain-store in Memphis than brisket from any restaurant in Dallas.

SpiderMan

ras314
06-22-2005, 05:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Apparently you have not heard the ranting from myself and Deeman2 .... Texas BBQ sucks, as a general rule, for anyone who grew up in the mid-south. We're just used to much better! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>
Well, I'll admit the places around Az that advetise Texas BBQ put out some sorry stuff. But I don't want to insult Texacans, some of 'em are a little uppety. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For a long time as a young'n I thought BBQ started with a big hole in the ground that took several days of burning hickory and oak to fill up with coals. Then several more days of turning a side of beef or a whole hog over it. Best I recall there wasn't any kind of sauce poured over it while cooking, optional after.

Damn I'm getting hungry and its only Wed.

SPetty
06-22-2005, 08:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Texas BBQ sucks, as a general rule, for anyone who grew up in the mid-south. We're just used to much better! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Ah'm gettin' mighty tarred of hearin' that outta y'all.

Is it about time we start scheduling the PettyPoint CCB BBQ CookOff and Pool Playing Weekend? LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ryushen21
06-23-2005, 01:12 AM
You have to remember, for "them" if it doesn't involve a pig it ain't BBQ. It's a different kind of meat that they deal with. Plus, the dry rub vs. wet ribs, what really constitutes a good BBQ sauce and a whole ton of other stuff.

However, i do have to agree with them. I had some BBQ in Memphis that was by far the best i've ever had and i've traveled the whole country. There just is no comparison. But Texas BBQ is no where near the worst.

Chopstick
06-23-2005, 05:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Texas BBQ sucks, as a general rule, for anyone who grew up in the mid-south. We're just used to much better! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Ah'm gettin' mighty tarred of hearin' that outta y'all.

Is it about time we start scheduling the PettyPoint CCB BBQ CookOff and Pool Playing Weekend? LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> There just is no comparison. But Texas BBQ is no where near the worst. <hr /></blockquote>

That is correct. The worst is down here in Flarda. They call it Carolina style oak smoked. The use Flarda oak trees to do it. Now an oak tree in Flarda ain't like oak trees anywhere else. They are about 30 feet tall and 10 to 15 feet thick in the trunk and they will grow that big in about 10 years. The wood has the consistancy of Tenessee cottonwood. The BBQ it makes is absolutely nasty. I ate some once. It almost killed me.

Chopstick
06-23-2005, 05:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> What's the plan for Friday? Did anyone decide on a restaurant for dinner? Is it dancing at a Texas honky-tonk? I have a regular tournament I normally attend on Fridays, but I may have to skip collecting my allowance anyway this week. 1st priority is getting my chili on schedule for a 1:00 pm Saturday start time.

I'll be in Friday afternoon, so you can kiss your allowance goodbye Web Slinger. http://www.bobthebarfly.com/sabre.gif

<font color="blue">Chopstick~~~~&gt;The Shogun of Sorrow </font color>

SpiderMan
06-23-2005, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> What's the plan for Friday? Did anyone decide on a restaurant for dinner? Is it dancing at a Texas honky-tonk? I have a regular tournament I normally attend on Fridays, but I may have to skip collecting my allowance anyway this week. 1st priority is getting my chili on schedule for a 1:00 pm Saturday start time.

I'll be in Friday afternoon, so you can kiss your allowance goodbye Web Slinger. <font color="blue">Chopstick~~~~&gt;The Shogun of Sorrow </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

I take it you'd like to accompany me to the tournament?

SpiderMan

Barbara
06-23-2005, 08:37 AM
<hr /></blockquote>

I could be up for that! I thought I made some pretty good pulled pork but I wouldn't mind eating my words. As long as it's with some entries! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

SPetty
06-23-2005, 09:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I take it you'd like to accompany me to the tournament <font color="blue">instead of heading out to PettyPoint for burgers 'n' beer</font color>? <hr /></blockquote>

Stretch
06-23-2005, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

I could be up for that! I thought I made some pretty good pulled pork but I wouldn't mind eating my words. As long as it's with some entries! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Oink!, oink! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St.

Cane
06-23-2005, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm up for whatever anyone wants to do!
<hr /></blockquote>

Damn, and I told Billie she could come with me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Just kidding 9BG. Looking forward to meeting you. What time will you get there. We should be there sometime between 4:30 and 5:30, depending on traffic on 75 South.

Excited!
Bob

PS: Charlie... do you think we should play one handed against the Texas crew... it is their state, after all! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-23-2005, 12:30 PM
I think I land in DFW at 3:30? I don't even remember but it's some time between 3:15 and 3:30--your time of course!

SpiderMan
06-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Doug (Poolturtle) said he was working every angle to get freed up this weekend. Apparently something you said made an impression (or was it an expression) on him /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
06-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah. I said he was a "hot potatah". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif