PDA

View Full Version : New Group a Commerical post? I'm not making no $$

christopheradams
06-12-2005, 01:24 PM
I made a post about a new yahoo group for pool forum addicts. I am making no money off the yahoo group and am pretty sure the post was deleted. How can it be considered a commercial post if its free and for pool players. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DebraLiStarr
06-12-2005, 01:31 PM
I thought the same thing.. I had replied to your post. If they are going to enforce it that way they should get rid of all the commercial links in signatures as well.

christopheradams
06-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I hate spam just like the next guy but if someone is obviously not a spammer and they are sticking to a pool related topic, I think a little discretion should be used. My post got deleted in a few hours, and the guy that posted "Make 5,000 for a $5 investment" had his post stay on for over 24 hours. Go figure /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Popcorn
06-12-2005, 02:17 PM
It is not a debate, they removed it that's that. You come on a board that sells advertising on this site to support it's self and try to advertise another site and don't see the wrong of that? This web site is a business, I seriously doubt they have any interest in advertising another web site and I don't blame them. In fact I would delete this thread if I were them, they don't need your criticism. If you have a problem e-mail the administrator directly.

pooltchr
06-12-2005, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> I hate spam just like the next guy but if someone is obviously not a spammer and they are sticking to a pool related topic, I think a little indiscretion should be used. <font color="red"> ????????????? </font color> My post got deleted in a few hours, and the guy that posted "Make 5,000 for a $5 investment" had his post stay on for over 24 hours. Go figure /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Did you mean discretion?

christopheradams
06-12-2005, 05:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> I hate spam just like the next guy but if someone is obviously not a spammer and they are sticking to a pool related topic, I think a little indiscretion should be used. <font color="red"> ????????????? </font color> My post got deleted in a few hours, and the guy that posted "Make 5,000 for a $5 investment" had his post stay on for over 24 hours. Go figure /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Did you mean discretion? <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah that's what I meant. I thought about it after I posted it and figured it was discretion. Duh. Still working on improving my grammar.

DebraLiStarr
06-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Popcorn, the point is that there was no advertising in Christopher's post, just a link to a non-commercial yahoo group. Pooltchr's link in his signature is a commercial link. What's the difference? I don't see one.

Popcorn
06-12-2005, 11:08 PM
No one said this site is a democracy. If he has questions he should e-mail the administrator. He is the one with the answers instead of trying to create some contrived controversy. As far as people with links, again you need to ask the administrator, I'm sure he will answer you.

christopheradams
06-13-2005, 04:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> No one said this site is a democracy. If he has questions he should e-mail the administrator. He is the one with the answers instead of trying to create some contrived controversy. As far as people with links, again you need to ask the administrator, I'm sure he will answer you. <hr /></blockquote>

I was not trying to creat a "contrived controversy" I was just asking my question in an open format instead of through email or PM's. No controversy, I made a post and it was deleted, Life goes on /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif