PDA

View Full Version : I Meet Doctor Dave This Weekend

littleCajun
06-13-2005, 07:15 AM
I finally got to meet Dr. Dave this weekend face to face. And I would just like everyone to know that he cant run 3 balls in a row. He knows about as much about pool as a
fish trying to fly. Even though he is not to bad after a couple of beers in him.

Any way I got a free book and DVD. I can use the dvd as a coster and the book can give me hours of laughs.

PQQLK9
06-13-2005, 07:25 AM
Please tell me that you are joking with those RUDE remarks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ras314
06-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Humor?

Popcorn
06-13-2005, 08:01 AM
quote from Little Cajun in a past post.

" I am a BCA Instructor and I also teach some at Randy's Cue-Tech pool school."

If what you wrote was meant to be a joke you should make it more clear. If it is not then I don't know what to say about your post for someone who works with Randy G.

Fran Crimi
06-13-2005, 08:03 AM
<font color="blue">Have you forgotten how you introduced yourself to the CCB? You wrote: "As an instructor, I am considered to be an ambassador of the sport." Really? You could've fooled me. </font color>

"The Advanced course is what the pros come and take also.
Pros such as: Karen Corr, Allison Fisher, Julie Kelley, Gerda Hofstatter, and Vivian Villarreal."

<font color="blue"> Really? </font color>

Fran ~~~ tired of all the phony baloney BS.

"Hello All,
I am a BCA Instructor and I also teach some at Randy's Cue-Tech pool school. I would just like to make clear what the pool school is about.

The school teaches a consistent repeatable stroke, that has built in diagnostic tools to help you determine what went wrong during the stroke. Set-Pause-Finish-Freeze or SPF.

The school is also about promoting the sport. As an instructor, I am considered to be an ambassador of the sport.

The school offers 3 courses. Beginner, Advanced, and Expert.

The Advanced course is what most people take. The beginner course is just that. It's an introduction to the game and starts the student on developing an SPF course.

The Advanced course is what the pros come and take also.
Pros such as: Karen Corr, Allison Fisher, Julie Kelley, Gerda Hofstatter, and Vivian Villarreal.

Actually I just taught in a class where one of the students was sent to us by Vivan.

The instructors at the school know just as well as anyone that it takes time to learn new skills. We even warn our students that they may not see an improvement at first, and that they actually may see a decline in performance for about 1 to 3 months. This is because you will be thinking more about how you are performing and using the new skill you acquired rather than playing.

The school is not a "money mill", we do not rush students thru to get them to the next course. We also offer a Free refresher course. This means they may come back thru the course for Free. We suggest that they come back for there refresher course 6 months to a year later.

We do get advanced players, such as the pros , and If an expert course is not far away, Randy "may" offer them to come to the class. This offer is not handed out to every one, right after they take the advanced course. It is on a student by student basis.

I hope this clears up what the CUE-TECH school is about."

dr_dave
06-13-2005, 08:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> quote from Little Cajun in a past post.

" I am a BCA Instructor and I also teach some at Randy's Cue-Tech pool school."

If what you wrote was meant to be a joke you should make it more clear. If it is not then I don't know what to say about your post for someone who works with Randy G. <hr /></blockquote>
Popcorn,

littleCajun sometimes has a hard-to-read sense of humor. I think (and hope) he was joking. When I get some time later today, I hope to post a message or two about my experience in Dallas. It was awesome!

Regards,
Dave

littleCajun
06-13-2005, 08:15 AM
This was intended as humorus post. Me and Doctor Dave talked about it on our ride home from SPetty pool hall.
I told him if I mad I post like that. That I would get flamed.

Dr. Dave is a great person and he can play pool very well. Now after a weekend at the school he will even greater. I hope I dont have to play him in a future tounament.

I have nothing but respect and great things to say about him. He is a true student of the game and has great enthusiasm for the game.

Again, This was a Joke. Please dont take this wrong way. And I hope everyone gets a chance to meet dave.

littleCajun
06-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Good Grief my post last post was horriable. Not only can I not spell but my grammer sucked. Dont tell anyone that I went to college and not Only do I have a degree in Computer Science but, I have a minor in English. I hope everone can read it and understande it anyway.

dr_dave
06-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Fran,

Before this gets out of hand, people should know that littleCajun is just being littleCajun. He told me he might post a message like this to provoke some response. In fact, we were joking about it together in Dallas. If you look at some of littleCajun's other postings in the past, he sometimes has a play-it-dumb-on-purpose approach, often with a camouflaged humor. I think his purpose often is to encourage heated discussion or debate. It probably wasn't appropriate in this case. Maybe I should have discouraged him instead of joking about it.

Anyway, littleCajun and the other instructors at CueTech are wonderful people and, like so many other good instructors out there, they are true pillars of our sport.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave
06-13-2005, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> Good Grief my post last post was horriable. Not only can I not spell but my grammer sucked. Dont tell anyone that I went to college and not Only do I have a degree in Computer Science but, I have a minor in English. I hope everone can read it and understande it anyway.<hr /></blockquote>
You SHOULD be embarrassed, having a minor in English. Fortunately, your instruction was better than your spelling. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards and thanks,
Dave

Fran Crimi
06-13-2005, 08:34 AM
That's immature and takes advantage of the rest of us here.

While he's at it, then maybe he can explain the comment on all the pros going to the advanced courses. Was it to become BCA instructors or to get help with their games?

Fran

littleCajun
06-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Fran,

We were just trying to a little fun on the board. I did warn dave if I made a post like that that I would get myself flamed.

The pros that have come to the school did come and get their instructor certification, but I think if you were to ask them if they learned anything, that they would agree that they did learn something.

Again I appologize to everyone on the board about this post. In hind site I should have never posted it, and I even had reserves about it. But I have seen people joke on here before an thought that I might be able to do it to.

Billy_Bob
06-13-2005, 08:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> This was intended as humorus post... <hr /></blockquote>

Glad it turned out this way. I was thinking... "Now don't be picking on one of the people who has helped me the most with my game, etc."

And BTW, we are all getting better around here, so I think we need to change it to "Can't run FOUR friggin' balls..."

Fran Crimi
06-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Of course they came to get their certification. Karen and Julie came to my school too, but I guess the difference between you guys and me is that I don't go around bragging that pros come to my school, which could give the impression that they came for help with their games.

Fran

bluey2king
06-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Gee, When I met the Dr. I had to pay for my DVD and Book!
I didn't know what type of Beer he drank....was the Beer Cheaper than the book? Maybe I did OK, some of those Brew Pub Beers are kinda pricey.
Bluey2King

dr_dave
06-13-2005, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluey2king:</font><hr> Gee, When I met the Dr. I had to pay for my DVD and Book!
I didn't know what type of Beer he drank....was the Beer Cheaper than the book? Maybe I did OK, some of those Brew Pub Beers are kinda pricey.
Bluey2King <hr /></blockquote>
I little Shiner Bach or Fat Tire goes a long way, especially for a light weight like me.

Dave

DickLeonard
06-13-2005, 09:38 AM
SPetty kept that a secret she should work for the CIA. Snuck into NYC,she is amazing.####