PDA

View Full Version : I was Joking about Doctor Dave

littleCajun
06-13-2005, 08:29 AM
To Everyone.

I was trying to post the message in a way that it was an obvious joke.

Dave is a great person. I will never try to joke on the board again. It just comes across the wrong way from me.

I have a weired sense of humor.

dr_dave
06-13-2005, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> To Everyone.

Dave is a great person. I will never try to joke on the board again. It just comes across the wrong way from me.

I have a weired sense of humor. <hr /></blockquote>
I hope you don't mean the part about never trying to joke on the board again. There are many diverse personalities on this board ... that's what makes it so great. Sometimes participants can be disrespectful, inappropriate, defensive, or closed-minded ... but we're all guilty of some of those things in some degrees at some times. I guess that's part of being human. Don't change too much. I like humans.

Dave

Fran Crimi
06-13-2005, 08:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> To Everyone.

I hope you don't mean the part about never trying to joke on the board again. There are many diverse personalities on this board ... that's what makes it so great. Sometimes participants can be disrespectful, inappropriate, defensive, or closed-minded ... but we're all guilty of some of those things in some degrees at some times. I guess that's part of being human. Don't change too much. I like humans.

Dave <hr /></blockquote>

We were stepping up to the plate to defend you, Dave, and now the joke's on us, huh?

Nice.

Fran

ras314
06-13-2005, 08:48 AM
I have the same problem. Some of us just don't have the same panache as the Deeman.

Though I did wonder if you were trying to set some of us up for a match with Dr. Dave. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dr_dave
06-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Fran,

I apologize for any part I played in this. I did not mean to encourage posts like littelCajun's original message. I also don't want any hard feeling on anybody's part. littleCajun has apologized and everything was cleared up before it got too far out of hand. I'm sorry it got as far as it did.

BTW, I appreciate the defense and support from you, ras314, PQQLK9, and others. I am honored.

I'm sorry you think there is a joke on you. I certainly don't think so.

Regards, with greatest respect,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> To Everyone.

Dave <hr /></blockquote>

We were stepping up to the plate to defend you, Dave, and now the joke's on us, huh?

Nice.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Saint
06-13-2005, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> To Everyone.

I don't reply much on here, but I've been reading for some time, and I really thought it was an obvious joke too. Some people just need to take the stick out and relax.

Now...about this English minor...

--Saint

Fran Crimi
06-13-2005, 12:26 PM
It's OK Dave, no harm done. A little aggravation once in awhile gets the blood moving. It's all forgotten. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fran

dr_dave
06-13-2005, 01:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> It's OK Dave, no harm done. A little aggravation once in awhile gets the blood moving. It's all forgotten. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif<hr /></blockquote>
I'm glad there are no hard feelings. I have the ultimate respect for you, and I hope to also visit your school in the future.

Regards,
Dave

DebraLiStarr
06-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Little Cajun -
Don't sweat it. For a long time I couldn't type 3 words without certain people jumping all over what I said. It didn't matter if I was joking, being pleasant, or just saying good morning. The funny part is, the same exact people jumped on you in the other thread. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
06-13-2005, 03:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> I'm glad there are no hard feelings. I have the ultimate respect for you, and I hope to also visit your school in the future.

<hr /></blockquote>

The feeling is mutual, Dave. You are most welcome to visit and Little Cajun too, provided that you both let me in on the next joke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But seriously, at least you found out that there are people willing to step up for you. We were the first to arrive at the scene, but I think others would have joined in as well over the course of the day. You are well liked here.

Fran

dr_dave
06-13-2005, 03:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> I'm glad there are no hard feelings. I have the ultimate respect for you, and I hope to also visit your school in the future.<hr /></blockquote>
The feeling is mutual, Dave. You are most welcome to visit and Little Cajun too, provided that you both let me in on the next joke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But seriously, at least you found out that there are people willing to step up for you. We were the first to arrive at the scene, but I think others would have joined in as well over the course of the day. You are well liked here.<hr /></blockquote>
Fran,

Thanks for the nice message.

I appreciate how fast you came to the plate.

I look forward to meeting you in person some day.

Regards,
Dave

BigRigTom
06-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Dr.Dave,
I must have missed the whole thing...I have been pretty busy and have not spent much time on this board the past few days.

You can believe I would have jumped in to defend you also. I have nothing but respect and appreciation for your web site, your book and all the post I have read from you.
We technical minded people need people like you Dr. Dave to help us comunicate with the rest of the world and you are doing an exceptional job. Keep up the good work.

I like the comment Fran made about keeping the blood moving too....that is usually a "GOOD THING".

I also empathize with "Little Cajun" (what ever it was he said) because I am all the time getting misunderstood by people who take life too seriously.
At least he got people to comment on what a great guy you are Dr. Dave so some good comes from everything. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dr_dave
06-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Thanks Tom. I appreciate your comments.

Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr> Dr.Dave,
I must have missed the whole thing...I have been pretty busy and have not spent much time on this board the past few days.

You can believe I would have jumped in to defend you also. I have nothing but respect and appreciation for your web site, your book and all the post I have read from you.
We technical minded people need people like you Dr. Dave to help us comunicate with the rest of the world and you are doing an exceptional job. Keep up the good work.

I like the comment Fran made about keeping the blood moving too....that is usually a "GOOD THING".

I also empathize with "Little Cajun" (what ever it was he said) because I am all the time getting misunderstood by people who take life too seriously.
At least he got people to comment on what a great guy you are Dr. Dave so some good comes from everything. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>