PDA

View Full Version : Wood to wood shafts

luv2shoot
06-13-2005, 04:36 PM
I've got a question for those who have wood to wood shafts or anyone for that matter. I just picked up a McDermott cue and I'd like to know if anyone has had problems with the threads wearing when taking the cue apart after every use.

With the metal joint screw going into the wood, it seems inevitable.

Do you think McDermott warranties this from happening?

cueball1950
06-13-2005, 05:51 PM
i would thing Mc Dermott will stand by that. i believe they now have a lifetime warranty against defects. i believe that would be a manufacturers defect if what you asked would happen. but i would not worry to much about it. i have a cue that is wood/wood and have had it for 6 or 7 years and have had no problems...............mike

luv2shoot
06-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks Mike,
I guess I needed some reassurance.

Plummerbutt
06-13-2005, 07:26 PM
I've had the same McD since 1990, shoot alot of pool, and have no trouble what so ever. joint is as strong and stable as day one.

Ace
06-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi, I am new on the board, but I have some say in this matter. I am the owner of a dealership called "ACE HIGH BILLIARDS" and I know McDermott will not warranty a cue if the threads in the joint are faulty due to wear. McDermott will claim the cue had been over torqued. If you take care of your McDermott, you will have a very nice production stick. Don't tear it up. Walter "The Ace" Kelley

Cueless Joey
06-13-2005, 08:19 PM
It's an easy problem to fix. I won't even charge you $10.
Dab the face of the shaft with wax.
Heat a cup of water in the micro.
Grab a teaspoon and start dropping heated water down the threaded hole. Leave the water there for a while. The wood will expand. Put some wax on the joint screw and start joining the the two pieces.
The wax in the face of the shaft will prevent it from expanding. Make sure it's adequately protected.