PDA

View Full Version : Another 10 Ball Story

PoolFool
06-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Since Deeman found a 10 Ball at the wrecked van, I thought I would pass this on to see if a trend is developing. Last night we were playing 8 ball at Pugsley's and Jim Kincaid broke (Spiderman knows him. He is a tall, thin, 70 year old guy). The 10 ball was the head ball and when Jim broke, it shattered into a hundred pieces. Jim claimed since one of the fragments went into a pocket it was still his shot. We got another 10 ball and he ran the table. I've been playing pool almost 50 years and I've never seen a ball shatter like that. Any one else?

PoolFool

cheese_ball
06-14-2005, 09:15 AM
I've never seen a ball shatter like that, though I've seen them split open a bunch of times. Was the ball a new phenolic ball or clay? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif JK!

PoolFool
06-14-2005, 10:14 AM
It was a a new phenolic ball. They are less than 6 months old.

PoolFool

Deeman2
06-15-2005, 03:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolFool:</font><hr> It was a a new phenolic ball. They are less than 6 months old.

PoolFool <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Maybe it is a trend.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

Deeman

SpiderMan
06-15-2005, 07:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolFool:</font><hr> Since Deeman found a 10 Ball at the wrecked van, I thought I would pass this on to see if a trend is developing. Last night we were playing 8 ball at Pugsley's and Jim Kincaid broke (Spiderman knows him. He is a tall, thin, 70 year old guy). The 10 ball was the head ball and when Jim broke, it shattered into a hundred pieces. Jim claimed since one of the fragments went into a pocket it was still his shot. We got another 10 ball and he ran the table. I've been playing pool almost 50 years and I've never seen a ball shatter like that. Any one else?
PoolFool <hr /></blockquote>
I'll see Jim this Friday at his tournament, have to ask him about that 10-ball. I wonder if they're lacing Geritol with steroids these days?

SpiderMan