PDA

View Full Version : CueTech and PettyPoint photos

dr_dave
06-14-2005, 09:38 AM
With Randy's and SPetty's permission, I've posted photos from my Dallas trip online. If you want to check them out, they are at:

www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/CueTech/ (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/CueTech/)

www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/PettyPoint/ (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/PettyPoint/)

Regards,
Dr. Dave

SpiderMan
06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
I can't believe you actually got a picture of me playing 9-ball. How can I live this down?

SpiderMan

cycopath
06-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Was Leslie Rogers there at PettyPoint?

If so, did she allow anyone else to break the balls?

dr_dave
06-14-2005, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I can't believe you actually got a picture of me playing 9-ball. How can I live this down?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>
I know you are the master of 8-ball on a bar table, but it's good to branch out every once in a while.

Thanks for the technique advice in the other threads. In fact, if you have more, I'm all ears. After looking at the photos again, I realized how similar we are in height and build (and even facial hair).

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave
06-14-2005, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Was Leslie Rogers there at PettyPoint?

If so, did she allow anyone else to break the balls?<hr /></blockquote>
Both Leslie Rogers were there, but by the use of "she," I assume you mean the more attractive one.

I was lucky enough to beat the WPBA Leslie at one game of 9-ball. However, I didn't dare play her again. I preferred to let my 1-0 record stand.

Dr. Dave

SPetty
06-14-2005, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I can't believe you actually got a picture of me playing 9-ball. How can I live this down?<hr /></blockquote>If you hadn't admitted it, there's no way the pic could have confirmed it. There's a stripe and some solids and an 8-ball on the table. Maybe it was really 8-ball? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SPetty
06-14-2005, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Was Leslie Rogers there at PettyPoint? <hr /></blockquote>You betcha. I'm her #1 fan - says so on my autographed WPBA pic of her! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

She gives me the "orange crush" and creams me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

cycopath
06-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Is the orange crush the 5 out or the 5 and the breaks?

The 5 out would be a super tough spot to give up.

SPetty
06-14-2005, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Is the orange crush the 5 out or the 5 and the breaks?

The 5 out would be a super tough spot to give up. <hr /></blockquote>5 out. Good thing we weren't playing for money!

9 Ball Girl
06-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Hey Dave, thanks for the pics! I'm really looking forward to next week!

Ace
06-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey...Cool...I am a new comer here at the BBC and Dr Dave actually got my picture at Petty Point too. I am playing 8-ball on one table while Spider Man is playing something yellow that smells really bad (9-ball)on the other table. I was actually trying to learn how to play this game ya'll call 8-ball and I think I might be getting the hang of it too. Thank you Dr Dave!

dr_dave
06-14-2005, 01:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ace:</font><hr> Hey...Cool...I am a new comer here at the BBC and Dr Dave actually got my picture at Petty Point too. I am playing 8-ball on one table while Spider Man is playing something yellow that smells really bad (9-ball)on the other table. I was actually trying to learn how to play this game ya'll call 8-ball and I think I might be getting the hang of it too. Thank you Dr Dave!<hr /></blockquote>
Ace,

You're very welcome. I enjoyed having my clock cleaned by you on the bar table. You're a pretty smooth talker with that "trying to learn how to play" line.

Welcome to the board,
Dave

Ace
06-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Dr Dave, I hope you do not mind....I used your pic of me in my profile pic. I also hope Spider Man does not mind, because he is in the back ground playing 9-ball. Walter "Ace" Kelley

dr_dave
06-14-2005, 03:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ace:</font><hr> Dr Dave, I hope you do not mind....I used your pic of me in my profile pic. I also hope Spider Man does not mind, because he is in the back ground playing 9-ball. Walter "Ace" Kelley <hr /></blockquote>
That's Ok with me. The licensing fee for use of my photo is one beer the next time I see you.

Dave

SPetty
06-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey Ace, you've been talked about on this board in the past (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=186120&amp;Forum=Al l_Forums&amp;Words=walter&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Search page=0&amp;Limit=250&amp;Old=1year&amp;Main=186120&amp;Search=true #Post186120) ...

And Dave, didn't you tell me the pictures would be up for only a week or so?

Deeman2
06-14-2005, 04:42 PM
See, at least I was crediting Ace with a world record. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman

Ace
06-14-2005, 04:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hey Ace, you've been talked about on this board in the past (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=186120&amp;Forum=Al l_Forums&amp;Words=walter&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Search page=0&amp;Limit=250&amp;Old=1year&amp;Main=186120&amp;Search=true #Post186120) ...

And Dave, didn't you tell me the pictures would be up for only a week or so?
<hr /></blockquote> SPetty...It was true. I hit the CB to the street. the longest punt I ever had!

dr_dave
06-15-2005, 08:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>Dave, didn't you tell me the pictures would be up for only a week or so?<hr /></blockquote>
That was my original plan, when the URLs were private; but since you and Randy agreed to announce the locations on the CCB (so others could see the photos), I am willing to leave them up ... unless people object.

Boy, I'm really starting to sound like a lawyer now, trying to not offend anybody. I think it's kind of fun, but it makes for some long sentences.

Dave

Eric.
06-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Time for a new tagline /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric

bluey2king
06-15-2005, 12:54 PM
What is happening next week?

9 Ball Girl
06-15-2005, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluey2king:</font><hr> What is happening next week? <hr /></blockquote> CCB Petty Point Chili Cookoff! (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;Number=196913&amp;page=0&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1)

poolturtle
06-15-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you actually got a picture of me playing 9-ball. How can I live this down?

SpiderMan

<hr /></blockquote>

With as much as you claim to despise 9 ball, I find it interesting that in your picture that's on your posts(the infamous poodle leg hike), you're shooting the 9 ball in the corner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
06-16-2005, 02:53 AM
I like that Accomodation.It looks like a very cozy.
I did not see Spiderman.Which one he is in?
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

theinel
06-16-2005, 05:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Is the orange crush the 5 out or the 5 and the breaks?

The 5 out would be a super tough spot to give up.<hr /></blockquote>
Not an expert but AFAIK the "Orange Crush" is the wild 5 and the breaks.

theinel
06-16-2005, 05:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr>Boy, I'm really starting to sound like a lawyer now, trying to not offend anybody. I think it's kind of fun, but it makes for some long sentences.<hr /></blockquote>
Please stay away from the legalese and stick to the scientific confabulation.

Seriously though keep up all of your good work. I really appreciate all of the time you dedicate to detailed explanations of all things pool.

Fred Agnir
06-16-2005, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr>
With as much as you claim to despise 9 ball, I find it interesting that in your picture that's on your posts(the infamous poodle leg hike), you're shooting the 9 ball in the corner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>You mean that's not the 13-ball?

Fred

SpiderMan
06-16-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm the guy in the white t-shirt playing the dirty game of 9-ball on the 9' diamond table, in the picture called "Pettypoint Action". I think RUshen21 was my opponent, but he wasn't in the picture.

SpiderMan

poolturtle
06-16-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote poolturtle:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With as much as you claim to despise 9 ball, I find it interesting that in your picture that's on your posts(the infamous poodle leg hike), you're shooting the 9 ball in the corner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean that's not the 13-ball?

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I looked at the pic again AFTER I posted that, and it did look like the 13. I went back and edited the post, but I guess it didn't take. Strange.

dr_dave
06-16-2005, 02:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote theinel:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr>Boy, I'm really starting to sound like a lawyer now, trying to not offend anybody. I think it's kind of fun, but it makes for some long sentences.<hr /></blockquote>
Please stay away from the legalese and stick to the scientific confabulation.

Seriously though keep up all of your good work. I really appreciate all of the time you dedicate to detailed explanations of all things pool. <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks for you supportive comments. Although, I think I get into trouble just as often with my "scientific confabulation." But at least I can usually make fairly decent arguments in that domain.

Regards,
Dave

SpiderMan
06-16-2005, 08:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Quote poolturtle:

With as much as you claim to despise 9 ball, I find it interesting that in your picture that's on your posts(the infamous poodle leg hike), you're shooting the 9 ball in the corner.

You mean that's not the 13-ball?

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I looked at the pic again AFTER I posted that, and it did look like the 13. I went back and edited the post, but I guess it didn't take. Strange. <hr /></blockquote>

That's SPetty's 7' Valley table I'm on, so even if it were the nine-ball, that would just mean I have stripes /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan