PDA

View Full Version : Message for Catscradle

SpiderMan
06-14-2005, 03:29 PM
You mentioned that you were getting interested in the Canon A95 digicam. Dell Computers currently has that camera available for $209, one of the better prices I've seen from a four-star vendor. Also, the S1 IS you were considering is offered at $252, and the 7.1-MP G6 is $439:

http://www.slickdeals.net/#p6179

I posted this instead of PMing you in case others cared to comment on the pricing. I may not be up-to-date on what is considered "good". But remember, Dell will not charge sales tax for shipments to most states, and they have a no-questions-asked return policy where they pay the shipping.

SpiderMan

SPetty
06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Wish I'd have been paying attention. I went in to use this coupon yesterday, and discovered that it expired at 6 A.M. yesterday!

If anyone knows of other coupons or where to get this camera cheap, please post!

catscradle
06-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Damn, damn, damn, I was in an OOAD (object orientated analysis and design, <yawn>) class all week, away from my office computer all day, and too tired to check at night, so ... I missed it. I only saw the message today because they dragged me out of class for an "emergency".
Thanks for posting though.
Cats.

SpiderMan
07-18-2005, 11:46 AM
The more I thought about that camera, the more I wanted to try one. Last week I noticed that Costco.com had it on special for $229, so I bought one. Great thing about Costco is that members get an unlimited return policy. I recently had a camcorder break after 2 years, and they honored the return policy with no questions asked. You can't buy a service agreement like that anywhere!

BTW, even at their regular price of $249, I think this camera sounds like a great deal, considering the lifetime warranty:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11064186&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=2

SpiderMan

SPetty
07-18-2005, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> The more I thought about that camera, the more I wanted to try one. <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You and me both! Although I paid a lot more than you did, it came via UPS last Friday!

I'm still playing with it - it'll be awhile before I figure out how to use all the fancy parts. I did notice right away that it has trouble focusing in darker environments...

SpiderMan
07-18-2005, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'm still playing with it - it'll be awhile before I figure out how to use all the fancy parts. I did notice right away that it has trouble focusing in darker environments...
<hr /></blockquote>

Typical Canon, it seems. I think I noted that to Catscradle in his original thread about cameras. I returned my last Canon Elph for that reason, but I may keep this one for the other features.

SpiderMan