PDA

View Full Version : Poolhalls on Long Island

Beaver
06-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi...Im stuck on Long Island for the summer and I was wondering if anyone here knows if there are decent poolrooms on the Island or do I really have to go to Manhattan every time I have a day off. Oh btw Im stuck in a small town in the middle of the Island called Syosset...so if theres anything around this place please let me know.
Thnx

raodwarior
06-15-2005, 10:49 AM
There use to be a nice room right around the corner from you in Hicksville. Been a few yrs but I recall in in a plaza near the corner of Old Country and Westbury. Been almost 20 yrs but check around.

Jude_Rosenstock
06-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Leisure Time is probably Long Island's most popular room.

LARRY_BOY
06-15-2005, 11:14 AM
While your there for the summer don't forget to try the ice tea /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve Lipsky
06-15-2005, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Beaver:</font><hr> Oh btw Im stuck in a small town in the middle of the Island called Syosset...so if theres anything around this place please let me know.
Thnx <hr /></blockquote>

Well, I was going to help you until you denigrated my hometown lol. Born and raised in Syosset. We all thought it was a pretty nice place... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There's Leisure Time in Levittown, which was the premier room about 10 years ago when I left for Manhattan. I would imagine it still probably is. It's changed ownership, but the new owner is a very likable guy, so I'm sure he's kept the place in great shape.

The other room someone mentioned is House of Lords, in Hicksville. Friendly enough place, but most of the action there is on golf. Not sure if that interests you.

Good luck.

- Steve