PDA

View Full Version : Negreanu Poker Blog

Fred Agnir
06-16-2005, 06:11 AM
I've been getting a thrill vicariously through reading poker great Daniel Negreanu's weblog. Now that the World Series of Poker is well underway, it is very interesting the how similar the description of his day to day activities is to pro pool players, except for one major difference: dollar amount. He speaks of one-on-one challenge matches, open to anyone, for ... up to $500,000. So far, he's lost one for $100,000, won one for $500,000, and is down on his third. Ho hum.

A couple of guys at Derby City played for 8 hours for $8,000. Hmmm.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php

BTW, Jay Helfert placed pretty high (top 10)on one of the WSOP tournaments just the other day. Former tennis star Yevgeny Kafelnikof also finished high. He's actually won a few pro poker tourneys in Russia.

Fred <~~~ into the wrong sport

pooljunkie73
06-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Actually he is getting his ass handed to him, he is 1-3 and he is down in the forth one against Barry Greenstein. His game has been slipping the past little while, only one money finish in the WSOP so far this year. I think he has a lot going on and his mind isn't on his game right now. Its about time he kicks it up a notch.

Kent

sack316
06-16-2005, 04:59 PM
hey thanks alot for this. Daniel is one of my favorite players to watch. Somehow he just seems to see through the cards and know whats going on in almost every situation. I'm going to enjoy reading whats going on day by day.
I guess I'll still just sit here, waiting for the day that I can be up or down tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars and be able to call it "just another day at the office". Welp, gotta get back to my 2.00+ .50 buy in tournament!

pooljunkie73
06-17-2005, 02:39 AM
Well things went from bad to worse, he's now at 1-4. Greenstein and Daniel are now playing PLO, which even Negreanu will admit is not one of his stronger games. When they decided to call it a night Negreanu was down roughly $93,000. Not too much, he can come back from that.

Fred Agnir
06-17-2005, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> Well things went from bad to worse, he's now at 1-4. Greenstein and Daniel are now playing PLO, which even Negreanu will admit is not one of his stronger games. When they decided to call it a night Negreanu was down roughly $93,000. Not too much, he can come back from that. <hr /></blockquote>I was wondering what he was thinking in this open challenge. Barry Greenstein might be the best player on the planet, along with Chip Reese.

I hope he can handle losing $4.5Million if he loses each set.

Fred

pooljunkie73
06-17-2005, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>I was wondering what he was thinking in this open challenge. Barry Greenstein might be the best player on the planet, along with Chip Reese.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I deffinately agree, Fred. When it comes to big bet poker Negreanu is at a disadvantage. Another player you could add to the list of excellent players is Phil Ivey. Even the best of the best say he is one, if not thee most dangerous player on the planet. As for Negreanu losing 4.5 million if he loses them all, I am pretty sure that the Wynn is backing most of that action to put them on the poker high roller map. Negreanu is my favorite player, but I think he is getting more worried about sponsorships then he is poker.

Kent

sack316
06-17-2005, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> Well things went from bad to worse, he's now at 1-4. Greenstein and Daniel are now playing PLO, which even Negreanu will admit is not one of his stronger games. When they decided to call it a night Negreanu was down roughly $93,000. Not too much, he can come back from that. <hr /></blockquote>I was wondering what he was thinking in this open challenge. Barry Greenstein might be the best player on the planet, along with Chip Reese.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I'm sure he has some backing, but after the way he ran over the WPT last year he can afford it anyway I'm sure. Hopefully things will start falling his way soon. Maybe he'll have a little rough go, then in the main event he'll hit his stride.
And mentioning that, isn't it crazy how all the tournament money likely pales in comparison to all the side action that must be going on?