PDA

View Full Version : World 8-Ball Championship tournament-Valley Forge!

CarolNYC
06-16-2005, 02:02 PM
In the first week of August,2006' (Aug.1-7th) Allen Hopkins will be holding the "World 8-ball Championship" OPEN to all-500.00 entry-Bar tables-$25,000 guaranteed first prize!

Just thought I'd give you a heads up-so be on the look-out for the advertisement!

This should be VERY interesting cause I know we have ALOT of awesome 8-ball bartable players out there!
See ya!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
06-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Carol,

Who's working it?

Barbara

John_Madden
06-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Hi Carol
It was nice meeting you at VF in March --- as we were both trying to check out. Is this 8 ball going to be held at VF - I thought Allen was maybe going to do something but not necessarily at VF is why I am asking.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

CarolNYC
06-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Hiya Jack,
How are you?

[ QUOTE ]
Is this 8 ball going to be held at VF - I thought Allen was maybe going to do something but not necessarily at VF is why I am asking.
<hr /></blockquote>

YES-it will be held at the Valley Forge Convention center-downstairs! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
06-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Hey Barb,
I was down Dawns this past Sunday,for the day, and Allen mentioned this tournament to me-I KNOW, its an 8-ball bar-table championship-held downstairs in the convention center of VF-there will be some vendors,I think the first 2 days there is some kind of TAP or APA thing going on and if Im not mistaken, I think its free for spectators to get in!YEP!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pizza Bob
06-16-2005, 03:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Who's working it?<hr /></blockquote>

SURPRISE!!!!!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

CarolNYC
06-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Barb,
Everything I said is CORRECT!!!!
Now, to your question-
[ QUOTE ]
Who's working it? <hr /></blockquote>

DUH????LMAO!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
06-16-2005, 08:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Who's working it?<hr /></blockquote>

SURPRISE!!!!!

Adios,

Pizza Bob <hr /></blockquote>

Honestly Bob, I don't know about that. And besides, I'm just a helper at the VF tournies. Nadine and Jerry Mazzola always run the show for the Amateur events at VF. And rightly so. They run them so well, we didn't have one unrecoverable incident lat year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wow! This could be quite the tournament on the Smart Boxes.

Barbara

RailbirdJAM
06-17-2005, 05:20 AM
That is great news. I eagerly await the formal announcement, so that I can read all about it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Is this tournament open to players of all caliber, or is it restricted to amateur players and/or league members?

To have an 8-ball tournament of this stature is quite refreshing and innovative, and, of course, we all know the venue will be superb in Valley Forge! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RailbirdJAM

CarolNYC
06-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Hey Jen?????

[ QUOTE ]
Is this tournament open to players of all caliber, or is it restricted to amateur players and/or league members? <hr /></blockquote>

Open to EVERYONE-I think this is going to be a cool tournament-Im considering playing it myself!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Talk to ya soon!

Fred Agnir
06-17-2005, 08:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> YES-it will be held at the Valley Forge Convention center-downstairs! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Is there any information on the event on the web?

Fred

Barbara
06-17-2005, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Barb,
I was down Dawns this past Sunday,for the day, and Allen mentioned this tournament to me-I KNOW, its an 8-ball bar-table championship-held downstairs in the convention center of VF-there will be some vendors,I think the first 2 days there is some kind of TAP or APA thing going on and if Im not mistaken, I think its free for spectators to get in!YEP!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

This would be a really cool!

Barbara

RailbirdJAM
06-17-2005, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Jen?????<hr /></blockquote>

Yep, it's me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>Open to EVERYONE-I think this is going to be a cool tournament-I'm considering playing it myself! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif<hr /></blockquote>

That's just great! That conference center is a very nice venue and can accommodate an event such as this quite nicely (IMO).

I did notice that a couple of the days are at the same time as the Orlando Open at Disney in Florida. The Valley Forge region, though, definitely does have a very strong constituency of pool people, as does Florida. I hope both events do well.

I do enjoy attending pool happenings which are truly open to all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jennie /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
06-18-2005, 03:50 AM
Hey Jen,
Whats going on?

[ QUOTE ]
couple of the days are at the same time as the Orlando Open at Disney in Florida. <hr /></blockquote>
Hmmmmmmmmm, like you said, I hope they BOTH go well!

See ya soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
06-18-2005, 03:52 AM
Hey Cuz,

Not yet!
This was just a "heads-up" that its gonna happen! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bob
06-28-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey All!

Just FYI, I think that this tournament is 2006 not this year.

Eydie

Wally_in_Cincy
07-01-2005, 06:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> August,2006' <hr /></blockquote>

apparently to coincide with the additional consumer show he is producing next year in addition to the March event