PDA

View Full Version : TV POOL ALERT

cheesemouse
06-12-2002, 06:13 PM
I just saw pool listed on Espn a 9:00 PM CST.....

Rod
06-12-2002, 06:43 PM
Thanks Cheese, it is shown to be on here at 8 pm. I'm not going to hold my breath or make any large bets that it will be though. I haven't watched a pool game on TV for sometime.
BTW I haven't seen any white bears walk past my house!

~~~hope this helps

Barbara
06-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Yeah yeah yeah...

It's just good 'ole ESPN building up our hopes again...

Barbara~~~done her required class reading for the night and wrestling the remote from the hubby...

Barbara
06-12-2002, 08:10 PM
Okay, they didn't lie about this one.

And, I think someone has to talk to Karen about her shirts.

Barbara~~~gentle suggestions, anyone????

Karatemom
06-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Hi Barbara. Yep, it's for real. I just got done watching Alison beat Karen. Alison played very well. I watched every move she made, just in case that would help me in any way. I did see a few things I could work on and try. Chris is right, my mechanics and stance are very much like hers. Now, hopefully, I can put that to good use and play like her too!!

Heide ~ agrees that Karen needs to tone down those shirts

06-12-2002, 10:27 PM
I din't see any pool in Chicago. There was a baseball game on instead.

Vagabond
06-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Hi Barbara,
I consider Karen is my friend and I can E-mail her if u let me know your concerns about her shirt.I really donot know what y`all talking about.( I know that u know her very well) my E-mail address is: Vagabond9@aol.com
Cheers
vagabond

Rod
06-13-2002, 12:05 AM
Well I can't say I haven't watched pool on TV now, but there is a catch. It was listed as being on at 8pm. I was watching the ancient history of Ireland, some ancestors are from there. At 2 minutes before 8 I switched over to espn and I got to watch Allison shoot in the 8 and draw back a few inches for the 9. End of match, how exciting! Wow now that's pool, aarrrgg!!! I swear they switched the times on me, it said 8pm earlier. I think it said 8, well Im pretty sure it was 8, it looked like 8. mumble, mumble, %*%&%%*(%(*

PQQLK9
06-13-2002, 06:50 AM
did not air in Charlotte...???

Tom_In_Cincy
06-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Aired in Cincy on ESPN2.

A match I had not seen, but I did see enough of it to notice Karen's shirt and how cankered Alison's stance really is. Because Alison was wearing a striped shirt, the lines were curving while she was down on the ball, that it almost looked like she was double jointed in the back.

Both ladies played good, but not at what I would call championship level. I have seen both play a lot better.

I did enjoy seeing a match that was not a repeat.

SPetty
06-13-2002, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> A match I had not seen, but I did see enough of it to notice Karen's shirt and how cankered Alison's stance really is. Because Alison was wearing a striped shirt, the lines were curving while she was down on the ball, that it almost looked like she was double jointed in the back. <hr></blockquote>Hi Tom,

This was the finals match from Valley Forge that was originally scheduled for Monday that they preempted for soccer. What was originally scheduled here was probably 7-ball or trick shots. (I can't tell you because it seems that the other pool mag site is down...)

Cankered?

Per www.m-w.com (http://www.m-w.com):
Main Entry: 2canker
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): can∑kered; can∑ker∑ing /'ka[ng]-k(&amp;-)ri[ng]/
Date: 14th century
transitive senses
1 obsolete : to infect with a spreading sore
2 : to corrupt the spirit of intransitive senses
1 : to become infested with canker
2 : to become corrupted

www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) definition is even worse:
can∑ker Pronunciation Key (kngkr)
n.
1. Ulceration of the mouth and lips.
2. An inflammation or infection of the ear and auditory canal, especially in dogs and cats.
3. A condition in horses similar to but more advanced than thrush.
a. A localized diseased or necrotic area on a plant part, especially on a trunk, branch, or twig of a woody plant, usually caused by fungi or bacteria.
b. Any of several diseases of plants characterized by the presence of such lesions.
5. A source of spreading corruption or decay.

I don't know what word you meant, but I'm pretty sure you were referring to the crookedness of the back/spine while shooting. I've noticed that on both Allison and Karen, but it seems to me that Karen remains crooked even when just standing or walking, while Allison gets very straight when she's not shooting. Just something I noticed that I thought was interesting.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-13-2002, 01:26 PM
Cankered is a very old Southern Term.. I should have used Crooked.

Thanks for the dictionary lesson.. I am always willing to be taught a good lesson..

Mr Ingrate
06-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Hi Barbara,

The move to Victoria, BC is complete. Unfortunately I no longer get ESPN or any of its derivitives, such as ESPN2. So, I have no idea what you are talking about regarding shirts.

But, before you start feeling sorry for me, check out what is available to me on TSN and Sportsnet.

http://www.tsn.ca/shows/shows_search.asp?sport=Billiards/Snooker

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/sked_pages/tv_sked_id_37.shtml

TSN is rerunning last yearís Mosconi Cup, which I didnít get to see since ESPN didn't deem it worthy of broadcasting.

Tough being without the enlightened programming of ESPN, EH?

NOT!

Barbara
06-13-2002, 04:37 PM
Karen wears a shirt that tucks in. During the course of the match, as she reaches to bridge, her shirt becomes untucked and hangs long on the sides. It is not a neat look and someone should suggest the she wear a shirt like the one Allison did - long enough to cover the waist area when you're reaching to bridge, but worn untucked.

Okay, and I'm jealous of your sports channels' coverage of snooker. Do you get to see any pool?

Barbara

stickman
06-13-2002, 05:44 PM
I never noticed the shirt. I DID notice what a nice follow through Karen has on her stroke though. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Mr Ingrate
06-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Hi Barbara,

Other than the 2001 Mosconi Cup reruns it looks like no pool until the extensive coverage of the 2002 World Pool Championships in August.

06-13-2002, 09:46 PM
...on a positive note for us Canadian pool enthusiasts, CTV Sports will be airing the World Pool Championships from Cardiff again this year; from the early round prelims right up to the finals; check out <a target="_blank" href=http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule>http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule</a> under Billiards. They're also showing a lot of Embassy Snooker matches this month

JohnnyP
06-14-2002, 01:12 AM
Tom:

On one of Allison's shots, the object ball was about four diamonds away, and Ewa predicted she would stop the CB. She was surprised when Allison "put a really good stroke on it" and drew the ball a few inches. You could hear the telltale "chink" sound that you make when you get close to a miscue. My draw sucks, but I can do that shot. Sometimes. Have you watched the games on trickshooter.com? Buddy Hall and Johnny Archer can draw the ball.

CarolNYC
06-14-2002, 04:06 AM
OOOH! Im telling Karen,Im telling Karen,ha ha ha!(only kidding)
Hi Barb!
Carol

PQQLK9
06-14-2002, 03:41 PM
Thank you!....but the girl sure can shoot....hey, perhaps the WPBA should hire a fashion guru...

Barbara
06-14-2002, 04:05 PM
Do that and you're dead meat, Woman!!!

Barbara~~~thinking that Carol just "lost" some points...heh...heh...heh...

CarolNYC
06-15-2002, 04:37 AM
Oops! Thats what I get for fooling with my tour director-UGH-PLEASE-NOT THE POINTS!ha ha ha-I AM POINTS POLICE!ha ha ha-Have a great day,Barb!
Carol~cant afford to give up ONE point!:)

06-15-2002, 11:35 AM
I noticed something about Karen's blouses too... they are FULL of Woman... She's a Dynamite Doll &amp; she's a very GOOD Pool Player as well. I can send money $$$$ to purchase TANK TOPS for KAREN... Holler when yer ready...!