PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hall Raid Nets Guns And Drugs

PQQLK9
06-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Pool Hall Raid Nets Guns And Drugs

POSTED: 12:05 a.m. EDT June 19, 2005

Southwest Charlotte -- Four people are in police custody after a raid at a local pool hall.

It happened at the Corner Pocket Pool Room on South Tryon Street.

Police found guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition, along with $3000 worth of crack cocaine and illegal alcohol during a sting. That came after undercover officers bought drugs from those in the pool hall.

Now that pool hall is shut down, and Lamarcus Griffin, Carlos Adams, Timothy Bolden and Bernetta Horton face charges. web page (http://www.wsoctv.com/news/4626269/detail.html)

houseman
06-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Sad Sad Sad, I guess there will always be a few.

PQQLK9
06-18-2005, 08:47 PM
It is sad indeed, I saw the report on the 11pm news and didn't know that this place existed.

Vagabond
06-19-2005, 03:47 AM
When will they start arresting the users also and put them in the prisons instead of the hospitals.
Drugs <font color="red"> </font color>WILL NEVER GO AWAY from USA as long as these guys(users) were sent to hospitals instead of the prisons.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

pooltchr
06-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Nick,
Any updates on the shooting at the Break Room last week?
sj

Drop1
06-19-2005, 07:01 PM
When they gonna reopen? Everybody knows you can buy any drug in any place in ten minutes. People that see this as a reflection on pool,are just ignorant. I don't think a big deal should be made,because the bust was made in a place where pool is played. Laws that cannot be enforced are not laws.

Qtec
06-19-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Drugs WILL NEVER GO AWAY from USA as long as <hr /></blockquote>......there is demand.

Q.............

Cane
06-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap, Q... It doesn't matter if it's the workplace, a pool room, the local gymnasium, or wherever. As long as there is a demand for drugs, there will be drugs.

Later,
Bob

cheese_ball
06-20-2005, 07:38 AM
That is the most ridiculous statement I have seen made on this board in a long time. Can you really be that daft? First of all, drug abuse is a victimless crime. These people don't need to be in jail, they need help. Second of all, do you have any idea how expensive it is to throw someone in jail? What about putting someone through court? On average, a drug-related indictment costs the taxpayers over $5000.00. That doesn't even include prison or jail time, let alone the time wasted by our law enforcement having to appear in court! Is it an effective use of our tax dollars to throw every Tom, Dick and Jane into jail that's ever tried smoking a joint? The real criminals are the ones bringing that crap into our country. Take down the runners and pushers... naturally the more drugs we get rid of in this country the less users there can be. We will NEVER be 100% drug free as a nation... get used to it! Do you smoke? Drink? Do you know what alcohol and nicotine are? They are drugs! Who are you to decide which drugs are ok for the "USA" and which aren't? Personally, I enjoy having a glass of scotch every once in a while, or a glass of wine with a nice meal. Would you vote for prohibition?

raodwarior
06-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Victimless crime????? Maybe you need to talk to one of your local seniors who's apt or house was broke into so the perp could get a fix. You could always go to your local hospital and hold a crack baby for a couple of hours.

I am just sooo glad to see that drugs are a victimless crime, get real.

cheese_ball
06-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Again I ask the question, are you that DAFT? If you want to kill a tree... do you pick off 1/4 (I'm being generous even in this analogy) of the leaves, or cut the trunk down? WAKE UP MAN!!! THERE WILL ALWAYS BE USERS AS LONG AS THE PRODUCT EXISTS. I'm not stating that the birth of crack babies isn't a terrible thing. Just that the methodology behind throwing every drug offender in prison is LUDICROUS!!!

Regulator
06-20-2005, 11:27 PM
"" When will they start arresting the users also and put them in the prisons instead of the hospitals. ""

They're trying to get people off drugs. Putting them in prison just makes it easier for them to get drugs. Between the good smugglers and the 'helpful' guards, prisons are a great place to score drugs.

AmazingBrewdini
06-20-2005, 11:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> When will they start arresting the users also and put them in the prisons instead of the hospitals.
Drugs <font color="red"> </font color>WILL NEVER GO AWAY from USA as long as these guys(users) were sent to hospitals instead of the prisons.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The vast majority of people in jail are there for non-violent drug offenses, specifically simple drug posession. Few, if indeed any drug users are sent to treatment facilities of any kind in lieu of jail.

Locking people up for posession does nothing to alleviate the high rate of drug usage. People in jail have as much access to drugs as people on the outside. Locking people up for drug use is extremely costly and counterproductive. You send a young person to jail for drugs and he or she comes out as a hardened criminal.

The only answer, IMO, lies in moving away from treating the problem as a criminal issue and moving towards decriminalization and treating the problem as a medical issue.

Drug prohibition is and will always be a failure it has never worked and will never work as long as there is a demand. Treatment on demand would be a step in the right direction, and in the long term it would be far more effective.

As for marijuana, it should be 100% legal and available to adults over 21. It should be taxed, and regulated just as alcohol is.

BTW the number one drug in terms of crime, broken homes, deaths and sheer suffering is ALCOHOL. Alcohol prohibition proved to be a godsend to organized crime just as drug prohibition is a godsend to organized drug gangs today.

JimS
06-21-2005, 04:35 AM
If I were a drug "lord" the last thing I'd want would be for the drug I was selling to be made legal.

I'd funnel some of my profits into a reputable right wing lobbying organization that has a history of being anti-drug use. Maybe the NHRA, AARP, conservative religious groups that have lobbying power, Jerry Falwell, Oral Roberts, etc.

DickLeonard
06-21-2005, 06:59 AM
China has the answer catch you with drugs and they kill you,no ifs,no ands,no butts. We went to war with Irag and Afghanistan and now Afghanistan is the main supplier of heroin in the world.####

If we wanted to go to war with our real enemy we should have gone to war with Columbia and destroyed their drug Lords. ####

Qtec
06-21-2005, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> If I were a drug "lord" the last thing I'd want would be for the drug I was selling to be made legal.

I'd funnel some of my profits into a reputable right wing lobbying organization that has a history of being anti-drug use. Maybe the NHRA, AARP, conservative religious groups that have lobbying power, Jerry Falwell, Oral Roberts, etc. <hr /></blockquote>

Tap,Tap,Tap Jim. You hit the nail on the head.
If drugs were free, you would have no gang-Bangers and no addicts shooting people for $20!

Where does all the drug money go?
Who makes it clean?
Not gang-Bangers.

Qtec

Qtec