PDA

View Full Version : APA Regional Tulsa!!

A_LOTA_NOTA
06-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Well, We did it. Our team took first in the Regional tournament it Tulsa yesterday. The team we beat has won it for the last few years & has complained about everything. The guy that lost in the final match wouldn't even shake out players hand & tried to protest the match, but in the end we still won!

Hope to see some of you in Vegas!!

cycopath
06-21-2005, 09:29 AM
I love it!

It's great when you can beat a pr!ck, and they show their true colors by not shaking hands afterwards. I've had to literally chase a guy around the bar to try and shake his hand.

Congrats!

The APA NTC is great, you'll have a killer time. Enjoy.

UWPoolGod
06-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Nice job. My team also will be heading to Vegas for 8ball. 7 of the 24 teams at regionals got trips to Nationals. We had a bye and then won two matches to get our spot. We're staying at the Sahara down the street from the Riviera. Good luck if I don't see ya. I play for Red Fir Inn out Vancouver, WA.

Cane
06-21-2005, 11:41 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! Winning a Regional in Tulsa is a tough win! But it's even sweeter when you bet the FORMERLY dominant team and they can't take the heat! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Are you going to play in the OK State 8-Ball Championships in August at the Palace? I had plans for that weekend, but they fell through, so I think I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for that one. Hope to see you there.

Later,
Bob

A_LOTA_NOTA
06-22-2005, 01:40 PM
UWPoolGod,

Not sure what Hotel we will be staying in yet, but I hope it is within walking distance of the Riviera. At our regional only the top team qualifies for Nationals, so we were sweating it hard!

I play for "The Oklahoma Bounty Hunters" of of JD's Billiards in Bartlesville, OK.

I'll look for your team on the bracket so maybe I can sweat a match or two!!

A_LOTA_NOTA
06-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Cane,

This is the first I have heard of the Tournament at the Palace, so I doubt my team is going but I may show up to watch! What dates in August?

Cane
06-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Sorry so slow to answer you on the dates, but I had "put away" the flyer so it wouldn't get thrown away and forgot where I put it... found it this morning...

Oklahoma State 8-Ball Championships

Tulsa Billiard Palace, 8155 E 21st St, Tulsa OK
Ph. 918-627-3486
email oklapoolplyr@yahoo.com

Date: Aug 6th and 7th

Registration begins at 9am
Players auction begins at 10am
Tournament begins at 11am

Tournament Director: Evelyn Dysart (owner/director of Midwest 9-Ball Tour... puts on some great tournaments)

Tournament Coordiantor: Bob Riedmatten (his email above)

Men's division: Entry $35, R-7 Winners side, R-5 Losers, Alternate Break, Modifed BCA Rules (Cue ball fouls only)

Women's division: Entry $25, R-5 Winners, R-4 Losers, same rules.

Last year was had 75 men and 22 women playing... should be a great tournament and it is an OPEN tournament. No cutoff on # of entries.

It should be a fun tournament, with some GREAT players in it...

Later,
Bob

cycopath
06-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Not that I'll be there, I was just curious, what rules do they go by in this tournament?

Call shot, call pocket, slop, etc.?

Thanks.

SPetty
06-24-2005, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Not that I'll be there, I was just curious, what rules do they go by in this tournament? <hr /></blockquote>Wouldn't you think since it's an APA tournament that they'd go by APA rules? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

http://www.poolplayers.com/materials.html

cycopath
06-24-2005, 01:02 PM
I was actually asking about the Oklahoma State Championships.

Yeah, I'm sure the APA sanctioned events are by their slop rules. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SPetty
06-26-2005, 06:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> I was actually asking about the Oklahoma State Championships. <hr /></blockquote>Oops, sorry - I'm sure you could tell that I saw the post title and the post, but didn't look at the post you were responding to. Sorry!

Cane
06-26-2005, 06:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Not that I'll be there, I was just curious, what rules do they go by in this tournament?

Call shot, call pocket, slop, etc.?
<hr /></blockquote>
Every tournament I've ever played in at the Palace has been BCA Modified Rules. That, at the Palace, means Cue Ball Fouls Only, since the matches are not refereed. Other than that, it sticks to the World Standardized Rules for 8-Ball, as represented by the BCA rulebook.

later,
Bob