PDA

View Full Version : why isnt Corr # 1

feetdoc
06-20-2005, 11:46 AM
why isnt Karen Corr the number one womens player? she is consistantly in the top two or three of every tourney...she may not win every one but she is always consistnetly higher than all the rest even Allison

sneakypapi
06-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Actually, within the last year the #1 and # 2 positions have changed hands between Allison and Karen. You have to remember that the WPBA rankings are based on points and not all events you see are points based.

feetdoc
06-20-2005, 12:23 PM
then why enter a tourney if you cant help your point standings is it for the bigger purses?

sneakypapi
06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Actually, there are many tournaments that attract the top pros that pay sometimes alot more than the WPBA events. Some big tournaments are in Asia that draw the best men and women pros, also the Challenge of Champions is an independant event that pays $25,000 for the woman champion, that is big money but also is winner takes all.

feetdoc
06-20-2005, 12:47 PM
so the only way to detrmine number one is to play WPBA sanctioned events and rack up points so technically karen could make the most money and not even be close to number one ?

SPetty
06-20-2005, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote feetdoc:</font><hr> so the only way to detrmine number one is to play WPBA sanctioned events and rack up points so technically karen could make the most money and not even be close to number one ? <hr /></blockquote>Did you just describe Jeanette Lee?

feetdoc
06-20-2005, 01:42 PM
lol i said finish in top two and wn alot of money jeanette gets maybe top 5 or 6 and has a lil money

landshark77
06-20-2005, 02:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote feetdoc:</font><hr> so the only way to detrmine number one is to play WPBA sanctioned events and rack up points so technically karen could make the most money and not even be close to number one ? <hr /></blockquote>

Correct, the money won has NOTHING to do with the rankings...only points, thus it is important to follow the points also. But I have a feeling that you already knew that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

feetdoc
06-20-2005, 02:36 PM
do players have to enter a minimum of tournaments that have points towards the ranking system or can they only enter any number they want a year?

sneakypapi
06-20-2005, 03:11 PM
By the way I was looking at the WPBA rankings and Allison and Karen are close, but Allison has won 3 out of the first 4 points events for the year, so that is simply why she is number 1. I think people confuse Karen for winning so much or coming in 2nd is because of her TV coverage, ESPN always shows reruns and you see her alot, but recently she has not won any WPBA events.

feetdoc
06-20-2005, 03:20 PM
but i thought karen enters most point tourneys and she is almost always in top three where i have seen allison way down in some...but u could be right casue they dont show them on ESPN until months after they occur...and why are so many of the good players from outside the US?

landshark77
06-20-2005, 04:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote feetdoc:</font><hr> do players have to enter a minimum of tournaments that have points towards the ranking system or can they only enter any number they want a year?
<hr /></blockquote>

LOL, I think you already know the answer to this too, but...to be considered a Touring Pro I believe that you have to shoot in so maqny WPBA tourneys. Most Touring Pros shoot in all the WPBA tourneys. Then you have the non- touring Pros and semi Pros who win q'ers and earn the invited spots. Oh and all players in the tourney can earn points and money.

feetdoc
06-20-2005, 04:29 PM
so they get points just for getting into the tourney? thats not bad ...i only thought maybe the top twelve to fifteen did ...so is here a prize for finishing number one at the end of the year?

landshark77
06-20-2005, 05:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote feetdoc:</font><hr> so they get points just for getting into the tourney? thats not bad ...i only thought maybe the top twelve to fifteen did ...so is here a prize for finishing number one at the end of the year? <hr /></blockquote>

Go to WPBA.com and read up..they explain the points system there. And no I don't think the points leader gets a year in prize.

feetdoc
06-20-2005, 05:28 PM
thanks shark

Regulator
06-20-2005, 11:20 PM
"" ...and why are so many of the good players from outside the US? ""

Because it's legal to have pool tables in other countries, so if a non-US person practices a lot, they could actually become a good player. Wow, what a concept.

feetdoc
06-21-2005, 07:40 AM
then why arent more women players up at the top they dont practice? It doesnt matter karen corr is the best all around period