PDA

View Full Version : Now Open to ALL STATES The APA Southeast Challenge

Bob
06-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Now Open to All States call your league operator TODAY!

APA Southeast Challenge

In conjunction with:

The Orlando Open at Walt Disney World, Florida

3 Person 8 Ball Team Event Aug 6th & 7th

15 Max Handicap, must have 20 matches to be eligible $375.00 ENTRY FEE per team, includes 2 nights lodging Friday and Saturday nights in (1) guest room. Additional room or nights are $99.00 pr night x tx. Space limited to 64 teams. This event will sell quickly, so get your reservation today! This event is sold with the hotel room only, no discounts for locals. Hotel accommodations are for Aug 5th and 6th. All tournament play is located at the Coronado Springs Resort on Disney property in the NEW expo center!
All information must be submitted to your league operator for verification of handicap. All entry forms must be in by 7/22/05! Appropriate attire mandatory.
As part of this event the following are available for our group:
1. Discounted Park Hopper Passes

2. Discounted food coupons available (no outside food or drink are permit able)

3. Free round trip airport transportation available

4. Free transportation to all theme parks

5. Extra Magic Hours: Each day, one of Disney’s magical theme parks opens one hour early exclusively for resort guests, or, as a new feature, stays open up to three hours extra after regular park hours To book any of the above please go to www.OrlandoOpen.com (http://www.OrlandoOpen.com) and then to http://www.mousetyme.com/OrlandoOpenIntro2.html or by calling Linda at 1-877-300-5865 mention the Orlando Open

*The Orlando Open www.OrlandoOpen.com (http://www.OrlandoOpen.com) is a completely separate event that is open for all players and not affiliated with any one-league system. It has events available from Pro to Junior status. You are welcome to play in any of the events as long as they do not conflict with your team play. 8 Ball mini tournaments will be running nonstop all night from Wednesday Aug 3 till Sunday. Questions about the Orlando Open can be directed to Bob Romano at 630-244-2900 or by e-mailing windycityopen@aol.com

----------------------------------tear here--------------------place in weekly envelope------------------------------

Team Name_____________________________League Op Name________________________

Member name___________________________ Member Number_________________________

**Note: League Operators Please send entire payment with verified handicap to: The APA Central Florida, Inc 340 S. Candler Ave Orlando, Fla 32835 Questions? Call Gary at 407-293-4717 or e-mail APAORL@aol.com

Natalie
06-22-2005, 11:07 AM
This sounds awesome...I've already talked to some of my team and we'd love to participate. Who else from these boards will be going?

Billy_Bob
06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
What is "Appropriate attire" exactly?

Natalie
06-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Everybody Nekkid!!!!

Just kidding...Surely, they mean that you can't wear cut off jeans and flip flops, right?

Bob
06-23-2005, 08:39 PM
That's right.. nothing hanging out! Us pool players wouldn't want to embarrass Mickey! Looking forward to seeing you! Please come over and say HI.

Eydie Romano

Bob
06-28-2005, 02:26 PM
(spam removed)

Fran Crimi
06-28-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm a little confused here. Is this an ad?

Barbara
06-28-2005, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I'm a little confused here. Is this an ad? <hr /></blockquote>

Fran,

"Bob" is really Eydie Romano and she's is advertising her event.

I do this from time to time on my own volition. Should I be banned from doing so? I can do this on AZBilliards in their Tournament Area. I mean, how loosely can you advertise a specific event on this site? Personally, I could use all the free adverts I can get! I can't advertise my Title Sponsor, but I can advertise my events?

Okay, works for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barbara

wolfdancer
06-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Actually, no...an ad is an advantage in tennis....like Venus has in athleticism, or Sharapova has in looks. so who will win tonite: Beauty, or the........Athlete?
An ad is what Women's golf telecasts will soon have over the Men's, with all this young talent on the scene....
Birdie Kim....lived up to her adopted name... guess I watched to many Humphrey Bogart movies, growing up.

Popcorn
06-28-2005, 04:59 PM
184 and counting and almost every post an ad of some kind. I am shocked they permit it.

rukiddingme
07-04-2005, 03:34 AM
Why is a post on an upcoming POOL TOURNAMNET on a POOL forum spam?
BoB is informing us about a POOL tournament on a POOL forum.
This POOL tournament for POOL players. Should they have posted on the NON POOL board?
They did not post about an upcoming book they are selling, or a new cue design the've come up with. The are posting INFO on a POOL TOURNAMENT FOR POOL PLAYERS...
Have I missed something here?
Maybe Billiard Digest should have a Tournament board like AZ Billiards which enables people to inform POOL players about local/regional/national/international tournaments.
JMHO,
ruk

Fran Crimi
07-04-2005, 09:08 AM
It's a difficult question. It's a privately owned pool tournament where the owners will financially benefit. BD has deleted other similar types of posts. But someone PM'd me and mentioned that BD had given permission for this particular person to post the information. Maybe they pay for advertising in BD's magazine. Then I guess it would make sense to allow the announcement here.

I don't think that a billiard magazine is in business to undersell themselves by allowing free ads to be posted on their website. If you announce your event with a press release, then BD can run it on the home page as news. That would probably be the way to go.

Fran

rukiddingme
07-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Fran,
You are right, this is a gray area. I just think that the more people know about tournaments like the Orlando Open the more everyone in the industry benefits...directly and indirectly. Again, just my opinion.
ruk

Popcorn
07-04-2005, 02:33 PM
I think the primary difference is the abuse. There is a difference between someone posting, "Hay everyone, if you are going to be in the (pick a name) area we are having $25.00 entry fee tournament open to everyone at Larry's Billiards on 6/23. If you can, stop by it should be a lot of fun." And someone posting, as in this case, around two dozen posts for what is a professional sports promotion. Steering you to the hotels they get the kickbacks from and so on. Maybe one announcement is fine but two dozen, is over doing it, for that they need to be buying space. In many cases it is not at all a gray area, they joined the board for one purpose and one purpose only, not because they want to be a part of this community and join in discussions. Want to tell about a tournament fine, just don't be shoving it down everybody throat. By the way, when this thing is over they may be in for a surprise. Dealing with Disney can very rough. My sister-in-law tried to put on a convention there once and found out Disney sues in a second if you don't meet all of your commitment. They are like dealing with the Mafia.

rukiddingme
07-04-2005, 03:20 PM
My sister-in-law tried to put on a convention there once and found out Disney sues in a second if you don't meet all of your commitment. They are like dealing with the Mafia. <hr /></blockquote>
YIKES!!!
Popcorn...Bob and Edye are good folk....all the more reason to support the tournament.
ruk

DebraLiStarr
07-04-2005, 04:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Dealing with Disney can very rough. My sister-in-law tried to put on a convention there once and found out Disney sues in a second if you don't meet all of your commitment. They are like dealing with the Mafia. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <font color="red"> THAT'S NOT NICE!!! SO HERE... </font color>
http://www.informatik.fh-kl.de/~brackly/download/Bilder/mickey-finger.jpg

<font color="red">LOL!!! Popcorn, you know I luv you!!! </font color>

http://www.geocities.com/dli41075/tiger.gif

<font color="purple">Debra Li </font color>

Popcorn
07-05-2005, 02:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Dealing with Disney can very rough. My sister-in-law tried to put on a convention there once and found out Disney sues in a second if you don't meet all of your commitment. They are like dealing with the Mafia. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <font color="red"> THAT'S NOT NICE!!! SO HERE... </font color>

<font color="purple">Debra Li </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

That may be a pretty accurate depiction of Disney's attitude toward the public.

DebraLiStarr
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Popcorn
I responded to you very cordially in private. You are obviously trying to bait me into a public debate which is obvious due to the fact that you turned off your private messages and refused to acknowledge the message I sent you. Whatever.

Bob
07-11-2005, 08:28 PM
I just got this email from Ed Hagen of Diamond Sports Marketing:

There will not be a ring game at the Orlando Open as the players are not putting up the money to play.

For further and updated information on this event go to: www.OrlandoOpen.com (http://www.OrlandoOpen.com) /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

onepocketchump
08-17-2005, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="purple">Debra Li </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Yup, this about sums up how I felt Disney feels about us. Thanks Deb. Hope you don't get in trouble for some sort of cast member violation of Mickey's likeness.

John

DebraLiStarr
08-27-2005, 09:03 AM
onepocketchump,
I've seen much worse than this done in high level staff meetings. If they have to dig this deep into my life to find something to discipline me for, then so be it.

I would like to say that I feel as if you have a personal vendetta against Disney because you didn't enjoy yourself during The Orlando Open. As I said to you in another thread, this was not Disney's fault. Why you feel that it is necessary to involve me with your opinion is hard for me to understand, seeing that I attended this event, supported it, supported the various charities, visited every booth (including yours), even though I was treated very rudely by the people running this event when I paid to get in. I was treated rudely because I was a Disney employee. If I wanted to be an ass, I could have just walked in for free (and I had every right to do that if I wanted to) but I didn't do that.

I have given you advice on how to get a refund for the service you were unhappy with. You have chosen not to follow my advice, or to get with me privately so I can assist you. You continue to make statements that try to portray me and the company I work for in a negative light, even after I have extended my hand to you in trying to solve these issues that you seem to have with Disney. Your attitude is childish, and it sounds as if you don't want to do anything about it so you can continue to complain about Disney. If this is the case, I cannot help you at all. I'm sure if I decided to dig deep enough into your business I could find things to complain about, but I do not see where that would be very productive at all. If you'd like to do something about these issues, my e-mail is in my profile, and I would be glad to assist you. If you choose not to do anything about it, then drop it.

Debar Li

Bob
08-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Ms. Debra Li Starr,

We are done with your uninformed allegations and attacks on our person. Your accusations are unfounded, uninformed and slanderous.

Ms. Debra Li Starr you hereby informed to Cease and Desist any and all communications regarding Bob and Eydie Romano, Orlando Open Productions, and its affiliates.

We have turned this thread over to our attorney and to your supervisors.

Bob and Eydie Romano

cueball1950
08-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Can you please post on here how much was raised for Vivians charity and for Chris "Cass" Aidiro's wife Heide and their son spike (probably spelled it wrong). I am not trying to start any trouble here by asking this but i have not seen any post on either here or az billiards stating the amount that was raised. thanking you in advance........mike

Fred Agnir
08-28-2005, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr> Ms. Debra Li Starr,

We are done with your uninformed allegations and attacks on our person. Your accusations are unfounded, uninformed and slanderous.
<hr /></blockquote> I mustn't read this board enought /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just read the entire thread, and I swear there are at least three conversation happening at the same time, with a lot of responses that suggest that there are about 10 posts deleted.

And I'm sure I'm not that slow.

Fred

DebraLiStarr
08-29-2005, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr> Ms. Debra Li Starr,

Ms. Debra Li Starr you hereby informed to Cease and Desist any and all communications regarding Bob and Eydie Romano, Orlando Open Productions, and its affiliates.

We have turned this thread over to our attorney and to your supervisors.

Bob and Eydie Romano <hr /></blockquote>

Cueball_1950,
I believe that $700 dollars was raised for Vivian's Kidz. Blackjack posted it somewhere at his website.

Bob and Eydie,
Do whatever you want. I was treated rudely (as were many other people) at your event. As I said to you privately, at the time I disregarded it and viewed it as "you are having a bad day." I don't have a problem with either of you. I do have a problem with Mr. Barton blaming the problems he encountered at your event on Walt Disney World Resorts. I was more than willing to help him get a partial reimbursement for the services he was unhappy with. This stemmed from a conversation between Mr. Barton and I. He chose not to communicate privately, so I have communicated with him in this and other threads. I was an attendee at your event, and I paid to get in. I have a right to my opinion. If you would like to discuss this matter with me privately (in an adult manner) feel free to get with me here or on Azbilliards, and I will call you. If you choose to continue with your threats (the above post is exactly how you have been described by Convention Services) then so be it. Either way I will be here to assist you in any way if you choose to call.

Debra