PDA

View Full Version : Blue Book?

Popcorn
06-25-2005, 01:49 AM
according to this
https://store.bluebookinc.com/Home/PoolCue.aspx
They should be shipping in about 8 weeks but I haven't seen any announcements. Is this still the schedule?

Cueless Joey
06-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Don't hold your breath.

theinel
06-25-2005, 11:24 AM
I can't vouch for the accuracy of this but I heard from a source that I consider reliable that there are still some problems and that you can expect more delays.

Popcorn
06-25-2005, 12:41 PM
One problem is the information they compiled is now several years old and getting older. I believe their biggest mistake is trying to do to elaborate of a book. It doesn't need to be a work of art just good up to date information and "published" for Gods sake. I get a publication called the Wood Shop News. It comes out every month and is jammed packed with information, new products, great ad's and articles on CNC, finishing, woods and so on. By any standard it is a rag of a publication. It looks like a weekly news magazine but very thick and done as cheaply I'm sure as they can. As a result it is always on time has been around for years and surpasses all the other fancy publications on the market. To put it simply, it is done in a practical way. If I were them at the Blue Book I would put it out with the most current information on cue makers, current prices with the black and white pictures like the last time and offer a second supplement with all the color pictures to those who want it at an additional price, and get the GD thing done.