PDA

View Full Version : We MUST stop this Conspracy!!!!!!

Tom_In_Cincy
06-25-2005, 06:45 PM
We Must Stop This Conspiracy Immediately!

Have you noticed that Stairs are getting steeper. Groceries are
heavier. And, everything is farther away.. Yesterday I walked to the corner
and I was dumbfounded to discover how long our street had become!

And, you know, people are less considerate now, especially the young
ones. They speak in whispers all the time! If you ask them to speak up
they just keep repeating themselves, endlessly mouthing the same silent
message until they're red in the face! What do they think I am, a lip
reader?

I also think they are much younger than I was at the same age. On the
other hand, people my own age are so much older than I am. I ran into an
old friend the other day and she has aged so much that she didn't even
recognize me.

I got to thinking about the poor dear while I was combing my hair this
morning, and in doing so, I glanced at my own refection.........Well, REALLY
NOW- even mirrors are not made the way they used to be!

Another thing, everyone drives so fast these days! You're risking
life and limb if you happen to pull onto the freeway in front of them.. All
I can say is, their brakes must wear out awfully fast, the way I see them
screech and swerve in my rear view mirror.

Clothing manufacturers are less civilized these days. Why else would
they suddenly start labeling a size 10 or 12 dress as 18 or 20? Do they
think no one notices that these things no longer fit around the waist, hips,
thighs, and bosom?

The people who make bathroom scales are pulling the same prank, but in
reverse. Do they think I actually "believe" the number I see on that dial?
HA! I would never let myself weigh that much! Just who do these people
think they're fooling?

I'd like to call up someone in authority to report what's going on --
but the telephone company is in on the conspiracy too: they've printed the
phone books in such small type that no one could ever find a number in here!

Al l I can do is pass along this warning: We are under attack! Unless
something drastic happens, pretty soon everyone will have to suffer these
awful indignities.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO WE CAN
GET THIS CONSPIRACY STOPPED!

PS: I am sending this to you in a larger font size, because something
has caused my computer's fonts to be smaller than they once were too!

Troy
06-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Ain't it the truth..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
06-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Tom, the plot must have spread nation wide. You are on the West coast, but I see the same things happening here on the East coast. No one is safe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

landshark77
06-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Oh, now boys I'll let you in on what is going on............
YOU GOT OLD!!!!

BTW, despite what you think....we don't play pool with marbles and we sure as hell ain't playin' with bowling balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

wolfdancer
06-26-2005, 01:08 PM
do you know there is an actual conspiracy in poor neighborhoods? The curbs are much higher, then in more affluent areas, and the lights are timed so that drivers have to wait longer at green lights. these are all designed to keep the inhabitants in a high state at agitation, and keep them from focusing on the real issues.
And now the ultimate conspiracy, as recently endorsed by the Supreme Court....they can now take your home legally for private developement. It seems the founding fathers, when they wrote in the emminent domain clause, envisioned a Wal Mart, or Intel, wanting to move into your area, your homesite actually, as being in the public interest.
Thought the age related "changes" were neat, by the way...emailed them to some friends

eg8r
06-27-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and the lights are timed so that drivers have to wait longer at green lights. <hr /></blockquote> Those drivers don't know how to drive. The green light means go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
06-27-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And now the ultimate conspiracy, as recently endorsed by the Supreme Court....they can now take your home legally for private developement. <hr /></blockquote> I was a bit stunned when I heard this last week. I cannot believe it. If I remember correctly, Florida has a state law that says your property cannot be taken from you for private development. There are a few states with similar laws.

eg8r

catscradle
06-27-2005, 05:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
And now the ultimate conspiracy, as recently endorsed by the Supreme Court....they can now take your home legally for private developement. <hr /></blockquote> I was a bit stunned when I heard this last week. I cannot believe it. If I remember correctly, Florida has a state law that says your property cannot be taken from you for private development. There are a few states with similar laws.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Though it has nothing to do with this thread's original content, I have to agree that this is a scary proposition. To quote Sandra Day O'Connor in her dissent...
"Any property may now be taken for the benefit of another private party, but the fallout from this decision will not be random, the beneficiaries are likely to be those citizens with disproportionate influence and power in the political process, including large corporations and development firms."

bad decision (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/newreply.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;Number=198974&amp;page=0&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;what=showflat&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1&amp;vc=1&amp;q uote=y)

Chopstick
06-27-2005, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

It's going on in two places in town right now. The guy who wants to tear up Winter Park doesn't even have the financing to do the project. Basically he's just said he intends to do it and has set about trying to take people's houses. I heard this on the radio just the other day.

eg8r
06-27-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's going on in two places in town right now. The guy who wants to tear up Winter Park doesn't even have the financing to do the project. Basically he's just said he intends to do it and has set about trying to take people's houses. I heard this on the radio just the other day. <hr /></blockquote> I did not know this. I guess nothing has been ruled yet? I wonder how they will rule given the state law that does not permit it.

eg8r

wolfdancer
06-27-2005, 09:42 AM
ya see how confused they keep the denizons?
In Calif crossing the street with a green light, gives you a 50/50 chance of making it without getting hit.
I think my reply kind of hi-jacked Tom's thread....sorry
He had some funny stuff there.......

wolfdancer
06-27-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We MUST stop this Conspracy <hr /></blockquote>

I agree, but shouldn't we learn to spell "conspiracy" first??? lol