PDA

View Full Version : My PettyPoint Experience...Long

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2005, 10:20 AM
First:

SPetty and Leroy: The Hosts with the mosts! Thank you so very much for having me and showing me around. You guys are the best and have earned that spot in my heart. SPetty, if you give me a couple of months notice like this time, I will definitely come again--if you'll have me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ras314: I'm glad I got to actually converse with you seeing as we couldn't find the time to back in Virginia last year. Thanks for giving me the good racks! And you see, my playing is further proof that the cue one uses to play doesn't matter! LOL

Cane and Billie: Bob, you've got some really great stories! And I just looooove your style of dress! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I was happy to finally meet you. I'm glad you're just as scared of spiders as I am! Billie was cool and I've never met anyone who can wake up before the roosters start to crow!

Sid Vicious: I love this guy, y'all! (Did I say it right?) You have this calm demeanor thing about you that is very attractive. Teehee. I enjoyed playing with you. Something about that drawl...

Ceebee: I didn't get to play with you (although we played against each other during the doubles) but I sure as hell loved watching you play! 'Specially that short rack 8 ball.

Ryushen21: My Reeses Pieces Partner in Crime and the other half of the Ah Fuckit team. You really know how to bang'em that's for sure. You're definitely the cutest sleeper there. Yeah, I got the proof! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UtaDDB: This one is a cutie patootie! And he can play some too! It was nice meeting and playing with you (though you kept kicking my ass!) It was cute when you said, "Aren't you from NY?" "Yeah", I said. "What're you doing all the way in Terrell?" LOL

Spiderman and Rhonda: Spidey can really move them balls around that 7 footer! And he makes a great chili too! I loved playing with you and playing the guessing game with whatever played out of the jukebox. Rhonda is as beautiful as that singing voice of hers. I'd love to see her perform one day.

Deeman and Tori: Deeman, I wish you could've stayed longer but I know you were tired. I got a lot of laughs and gasps out of your album! Tori, we can definitely hang and you've got your hands full! Poi-fect! LOL

Caedos and Jeanette: Although our meeting was a bit brief, I'm glad to have met you both. Caedos, you have that kind of dry humour that just absolutely cracks me up.

Chopstick: You and that goddamned rubber 5 ball! LOL Do you remember? Chopstick is everything that I thought he was and I love his Flarda self! This man can definitely play some! I hope I didn't blow up your spot!

PoolFool: Thanks for the set of rubber balls! You are definitely a man with a sense of humour. I'm going to have to invest in that shaft stiffener ring. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif And hey, tell your son that I said Hi right back at him!

Stroker: Better late than never! By the time you and I got to play together I was running out of gas! But lets just say that I now know how you got the name Molasses!

Poolturtle: Damn. What can I say about you. You're definitely one hot potatah! I think we made a good shooting pair don't ya think? Oh yeah, you left me feeling tingly inside. It sure was scary out on that porch all by my lonesome in my pajammies! I've got a better bet for you now. I thought of it on my flight back home.

The Experience

So I land at Fort Worth a bit early at about 3:05ish. I called SPetty and she had just arrived to the airport. Perfect timing! SPetty had a cooler full of beer and water but I chose water being as I hadn't eaten yet and it was hotter than a motherflower! SPetty pointed out things for me on the 1.5 hour drive back to PettyPoint--the Cotton Bowl, the AA Center--just to name a few. So here we are talkin' and stuff when Bam!--I saw cows! Not 1 or 2 but a whole lot of 'em! "Oh my God! Are those cows?!" I shrieked, being as I'd never seen a live one. Then I asked her if chocolate milk comes out of the brown cows. Teehee. And the stupid question of the weekend (probably one of the stupid questions) was after learning that cows get milked from the right side, I said, "So they train them from birth?" I saw horses too (don't be silly, I've seen those before!) and for Wally, upon seeing them I said, "What the hell is that?!"

Ok, so we get to SPetty's property (10 acres!). I stepped out of the truck and Molly trots on over to meet us (I love Labradors). I met Leroy and Roy (ras314) was already there. I went to go claim my bed, and had to go through Petty Point Pool Hall--I just stopped for a minute and looked around and couldn't believe that I was there! All the pictures that I'd seen here had come to my mind but this time time it was me who was there! We went upstairs and I've gotta tell you, SPetty has thought of every amenity possible.

We get back downstairs and within several minutes Bob (Cane) and Billie pull up. After another few minutes, Sid pulls up and SPetty gets the grill fired up to start cooking up some burgers. SPetty then pops in a CD full of Texan music that she made just for me. The headling song? The Stars At Night... Charlie (Ceebee) drives up and the party's getting started. Matt (Ryushen21) drives up and after a while we go in to shoot some. SPetty has got everything imaginable related to pool at her poolroom. From coasters, to ties, to lamps, to ceiling fans--this woman's got it all! And oh yeah, what could be better than a jukebox with classic rock on it all night long that always has 99 credits!

I think I turned in at about 1ish AM as Saturday was the Big Cookoff. And yes, 2 cans of Hormel Chili from New Yawk flew in with me! So, I wash up, go to bed, and the Snoring Orchestra begins...

Saturday I wake up from the sound of a damn rooster crowing! What the hell?! LOL Where else can I say that I woke up, went downstairs and played some pool? Well, that's exactly what I did. Spetty cooked us up some breakfast (now you all know I'm an onion lover) and pool playing started soon after. The tournament was fun with all the woofing you can think of. Things only got better when everyone else started to show up with their chilis. The refrigerator was well stocked with beverages (wink wink). The music was good and the company was even better. On stepping out onto the porch, the smell of chili was definitely in the air! I couldn't wait to taste them all being as I'd never had homemade chili (jaws dropped at that one and I think someone might've even fainted! LOL)

So it's time to judge the chili. My personal favorites were Rhonda's, Marty's (Spiderman), CW's (PoolFool), and I forgot who made the one that went good with the Tostitos. Marty won the cookoff, and I'll post a pic of the cooks when I get the chance. It was then back to more pool playing and beer drinking, and just having a good 'ole time with friends.

As the night wears on, I'm not feeling any pain (thanks to the Coronas and Lone Stars--Spetty, you're too good!). I go and sit out on the porch and I imagine that this is what it should be like-crickets cricketing, insects insecting, roosters roosting, Molly the Lab sprawled out on the floor there, and 1 Yankee sitting with 4 Southerners. Isn't that the coolest!

Ok, so at one point I felt as if the kids were inside while the grownups were out on the porch talking grown up stuff. The kids would've been Marty, Rhonda, Doug and me playing Scotch Double 8 ball on the 7 footer, and Matt and (I forgot) playing on the 9 footer. Occasionally, another kid would come in and out, Chopstick. LOL

Ok, I've shortened a lot of things out of my weekend but it's just soooo much to have to post here. (This post is long enough already). It was time to say goodbye but Doug and Matt started up a game of Straight Pool to 150. The only ones left down at Petty Point were Matt, Doug, me. At about 2ish AM, I turned in. (Doug gives good tight hugs).

Ok, so I come back down 'cause actually, I wasn't ready yet, took some pics of my guys shooting, then I stepped out onto the porch and petted Molly for a while and looked towards my left to the woods where it was dark as all hell. Now, me being a city girl and all, I've seen too many horror movies to know enough to not go out into the woods! LOL For a minute there I thought of the Evil Dead flick.

Ok, so I wake up on Sunday morning and get ready to go. I didn't wanna! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif We talked for a while on the porch but alas we had to say our goodbyes. The last thing out of Bob's (Cane) mouth to me as he drove off, "Get your Yankee a$$ outta my way 'fore you get run over!" LOL SPetty drove me back to DFW and it's a good thing I was wearing my sunglasses 'cause I was getting misty eyed! I'm such a girl!

Hightlights

The Gator Ride How can anyone pass up on this. Leroy gave me a ride around their property on a Gator! I saw where they have the Mesquite rodeo, I saw poison ivy, and I saw all of the hard work that has been put into the Petty's place. It was a most excellent ride! Thanks Leroy!

Homemade Chili There's nothing like it!

anonymous to protect the innocent[/b] You can run, but you can't hide! You know who you are! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Poolturtle Doug, you came out onto the porch right when I was coming back in. A dollar late and a day short. All I can say is that you should've, and I would've. There's always that next time...

SPetty and Leroy Just being the way you are. I learned the true meaning of Southern Hospitality. Love ya! Like I said before, you guys have that special spot in my corazon.

Molly For bringing back memories of the Lab that I had to give up.

Everyone For making me feel at home, eventhough I was the only one with an accent! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I can't wait to go back again. Just give me a heads up, probably about 2-3 months notice, and baby, I'm there!

The stars at night, are big and bright...Deep in the heart of Texas...

Cane
06-27-2005, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> And I just looooove your style of dress! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="blue">Well, what can I say, I have no shame!!! Besides, I figured it was getting late and the place needed a little color! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Billie was cool and I've never met anyone who can wake up before the roosters start to crow!

<font color="blue">Billie gets up so early that the chickens even bitch about it. Well, at least you always know, when she's around the coffee will be ready when you wake up. </font color>

PoolFool: Thanks for the set of rubber balls!

<font color="blue"> My table will soon have a PoolFool scorekeeper above it made from those rubber balls. Oh, and the baked chalk thing! I'm still laughing my a$$ off over that one! </font color>

Stroker: Better late than never!

<font color="blue">Hey, at least when he showed up after dark, he brought that Rocky Mountain Chili with him... excellent stuff, Tony! </font color>

The Experience

I saw cows! Not 1 or 2 but a whole lot of 'em! "Oh my God! Are those cows?!"

<font color="blue">LOL, this I had a hard time believing. I've never known anyone who has never seen a cow. I'm going to get some mileage out of this one! Of course, you understand, in a few weeks, the story will be COMPLETELY out of hand and only have remote hints of the truth!!!</font color>

So, I wash up, go to bed, and the Snoring Orchestra begins...

<font color="blue">I don't care what you say, most of it was Billie!!! </font color>

Saturday I wake up from the sound of a damn rooster crowing!

<font color="blue">He wasn't crowing at the sunrise, he was bitching at Billie for making so much noise that early in the morning and waking up his hens! That was supposed to be his "quiet time". </font color>

The last thing out of Bob's (Cane) mouth to me as he drove off, "Get your Yankee a$$ outta my way 'fore you get run over!" LOL

<font color="blue">Hell, darlin', I couldn't leave town and your last memory of me being a quiet and polite "Nice to meet you". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

I also had a blast, and even if I did try to make you into a Pontiac hood ornament on the way out, it was great to meet you and the others that I hadn't met before. Can't wait until next time!

Later,
Bob

SpiderMan
06-27-2005, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Ok, so at one point I felt as if the kids were inside while the grownups were out on the porch talking grown up stuff. The kids would've been Marty, Rhonda, Doug and me playing Scotch Double 8 ball on the 7 footer, and Matt and (I forgot) playing on the 9 footer.<hr /></blockquote>
If I'm one of "the kids", how come Matt had to carry on for fifteen minutes in mock shock over how I could possibly get to be "so damn old" /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SpiderMan

Deeman2
06-27-2005, 01:48 PM
A good time was had by all. Yes, Spiderman rules the chili but Rhonda's was better. (Sour Grapes, I guess!)

Had a blast. Back to brutal work now.

Deeman

ryushen21
06-27-2005, 02:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>
If I'm one of "the kids", how come Matt had to carry on for fifteen minutes in mock shock over how I could possibly get to be "so damn old" /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

There was no "mock" about that shock. I really did find that hard to believe. It was more of a compliment than anything else.

wolfdancer
06-27-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Spiderman rules the chili but Rhonda's was better. (Sour Grapes, I guess!) <hr /></blockquote>

I once shared an apt, a layover point, with four others.
One guy made some chili, another came along later, and drunkingly added some grapes to it...we unknowningly sampled the results. I would have sent along the recipe had I known
Rhonda's, with sour grapes, would have been so favorably judged. Green grapes, with green chili peppers....might have won the blue ribbon???

ryushen21
06-27-2005, 02:15 PM
9BG, glad you had a good time there. The next time i'll have to bring a bigger bag of Reese's Pieces for us to share. The Ah Fuckit team is an unstoppable force and the power will only continue to grow with time.

It was definitely great to meet ya. You're a sweetheart and you got a damn good pool game to boot. If i'm ever in the NY area you'll have to show me around.

And i still want to see all those pictures you took of me. Including the sleeping one!

SpiderMan
06-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Wait a minute ... you're three T-shirts behind on me now:

(1) PettyPoint "King of the Hill Tournament"
(2) Pettypoint "Chili Cookoff"
(3) Pettypoint "Chili Cookoff Pool Tournament" (yes, SPetty finally totalled the scores)

I'm gonna kidnap Mr Hanky and hold him for ransom until you pay off! BTW, I did wear my one-and-only DeeMan2 "River City Wrecking Crew" T-shirt to Rack Daddy's last night.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
06-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Wendy,

It was really great meeting you, and I'm glad you enjoyed the visit. Yep, those cows are all over the place around here, just hanging around and eating grass.

But don't place too much faith in DeeMan's "picture book". There's some things even a deer won't do!

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2005, 03:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr>I also had a blast, and even if I did try to make you into a Pontiac hood ornament on the way out, it was great to meet you and the others that I hadn't met before. Can't wait until next time!<hr /></blockquote>I wouldn't have had it any other way!

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2005, 03:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>If I'm one of "the kids", how come Matt had to carry on for fifteen minutes in mock shock over how I could possibly get to be "so damn old" <hr /></blockquote>You know how them young'uns can be. LOL

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2005, 03:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> 9BG, glad you had a good time there. The next time i'll have to bring a bigger bag of Reese's Pieces for us to share. The Ah Fuckit team is an unstoppable force and the power will only continue to grow with time.<hr /></blockquote>Damn right!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr>It was definitely great to meet ya. You're a sweetheart and you got a damn good pool game to boot. If i'm ever in the NY area you'll have to show me around.<hr /></blockquote>You got it babe!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr>And i still want to see all those pictures you took of me. Including the sleeping one!<hr /></blockquote>Definitely. 'Specially that threesome one of you, Doug, and me in the middle by the table! LOL

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2005, 03:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> But don't place too much faith in DeeMan's "picture book". There's some things even a deer won't do!<hr /></blockquote>All I can say is that I'll never look at Bambi the same way again! My picture's gonna be in that book too! Doh!

SPetty
06-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, someone could have warned me that I was being a little optimistic thinking we could finish 15 tourney rounds in 4 hours. It was pushing six hours when we finished the 6th round in the tourney, so we stuck a fork in it and called it done. Surprisingly /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, Spiderman won the tournament decisively, being followed for second with a tie between ras314 and Cane. Third place was a tie between ceebee, UTAddb and Tori.

The chili cookoff contestants (caedos, PoolFool, ras314, Deeman, 9BG, Rhonda, Spiderman) took it seriously, as did the judges (UTAddb, Chopstick and Billie). 9 Ball Girl actually brought canned chili with her on the plane that she bought in New York! While judging, some of the chili actually ate through the bottom of the Dixie test cups! The chili cookoff, as far as I was concerned, was so closely scored for first and second that it was a tie between the chili formerly known as Spiderman's Pretty Good Chili and PoolFool's Road House Chili. The third place chili CCBer was ras314's New Mexico Chili (mild). That stuff was great, but I should have kept some around for miscellaneous paint removal and steel melting chores! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can't imagine it being hotter than it was!

Thanks, PoolFool, for bringing me a Master Rack. I like that thing. For those that haven't seen one or heard of it, it's a mechanical rack that pushes all the balls in evenly from the sides. It's my understanding that the Sardo rack pushes down from the top because the inventor of the Master Rack has had a patent for years on the "push it in from the sides" technology. The only problem I can see with it is that it's hard to see whether the head ball is on the spot, but that could easily be remedied with a couple of tiny sharpee marks on the table for the back end of the rack (I think the Sardo does that).

PoolFool also had a bone to pick with Deeman and Cane. Remember the old thread about baking your chalk (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=184984&amp;page=&amp;vi ew=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)? PoolFool brought the results of his experiment with baking his chalk - he was totally disturbed by the affect the baking of the chalk had on the stick chalk holder which had melted into an almost unrecognizable blob of black plastic... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ras314, thanks for making the trip over to Texas and bringing all that stuff - especially that extra table. I'll take good care of it - let me know when you want it back! (You'll have to come get it, though...) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif And thanks for going to the trouble of bringing and showing me your little mini-shark vacuum cleaner. For others that may be reading this, it's a nifty little hand-held vacuum that's so light and easy to use, you'll likely use it more often to vacuum your table and keep it clean!

I never did hear Chopstick's story about why he didn't make it in when expected, but after some sort of snafu, he finally made it out to PettyPoint. He showed me where he had "SPETTYS" in his GPS to find it! He brought me a cute present, so all's well, even if he did feed rubber balls to my dog and leave without saying "bye". /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9 Ball Girl selected a nasty house cue with a slip on tip and still stroked it well! I think she probably would have beaten everybody if everybody else was forced to use a cue like she was using! Kinda shows it really is the "Indian", eh? And she does actually like a little beef with her onion burger! And, she's apparently especially allergic to mosquito bites! Sorry 'bout that! Enjoy the tunes!

There was a funny story about 9 Ball Girl and Cane both attempting to back quickly away from a daddy longlegs that was on the table and both of them fell over backwards in their chairs! Sure wish I was there to see that!

ryushen21 didn't bring tequila. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif It was great seeing UTAddb and poolturtle again. Even though poolturtle lives at least three hours away, he still wants to be considered a "local" if I ever have a "local folks" get together again.

I beat Spiderman on the bar box so he quit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm still doing dishes and laundry... Did anyone lose a tiny little drill bit? It came out of the washer, along with 27 cents... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

To everyone, thanks for coming. Please don't be offended because I didn't mention you by name - 9 Ball Girl did a good job of that.

As far as I know, everyone had a good time. Deeman, please get some rest.

Vagabond
06-27-2005, 04:49 PM
I have been waiting for this report and finally it arrived.
I am envious.I am glad to know that u enjoyed.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SPetty
06-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Did you have fun?

I forgot to remind you for the phone number that you've been carrying around for me. Can you PM it to me?

Did you and Cane ever get to the table or to the discussion about aiming systems? (No, let's not talk about it here, I was just curious if you guys did talk about it...)

And, I forgot - I was going to have Cane show you his cue between the legs shot that you need to learn! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PoolFool
06-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Wendy, it was great meeting you in person. I hope you enjoy the balls. Next time I'll give you one of my anti-deflection devices. ( A D D for short) I know a lot of people don't believe they work but I used a very complex formula to come up with it. (2+2=4, 2x3=6, and 4+1=5) I am sure you have been reading alot about all the aiming techniques here on the board. But remember, it don't mean a thing if you don't have that ring.

PoolFool

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2005, 09:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> 9 Ball Girl selected a nasty house cue with a slip on tip and still stroked it well!<hr /></blockquote>Stroking a stick well--that's just too easy and I'm going to leave that one alone! LOL

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>Kinda shows it really is the "Indian", eh?<hr /></blockquote>It's like we said, who needs fancy points and layered tips, and yada yada yada?! LOL I loved that cue. That's the one I'll use next time!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>And, she's apparently especially allergic to mosquito bites! Sorry 'bout that! Enjoy the tunes!<hr /></blockquote>That's ok. I just chalked it up to my Texas Battle Scars. LOL I played that CD all day today. Tunes will be coming to you soon too!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>There was a funny story about 9 Ball Girl and Cane both attempting to back quickly away from a daddy longlegs that was on the table and both of them fell over backwards in their chairs! Sure wish I was there to see that!<hr /></blockquote>Yeah, I tried pushing back my chair but within a millisecond realized that plastic doesn't slide on dirt which resulted in my falling backwards onto the dirt! LOL

Cane
06-27-2005, 10:37 PM
LOL, forgot about the between the legs shot. Spiderman was probably the only one there that could pull it off besides me... it requires at least a 37" inseam! *S*

No, we didn't get a chance to do the aiming thing, but I did invite him to my house if he comes up for the OK State 8-Ball championships (an invitation I hope he took seriously). The tables were being put to good FUN use, and I didn't want to impede on anyones fun. Marty and I can fuss about it in private here in Oklahoma! *S*

I truly wish I had the facilities you have there so I could invite this great group of people to my home, but I don't. Any of you that are travelling through this part of Oklahoma, however, are welcome.

Wendy... screw those damn spiders! Only place I've been that I didn't see any was New Zealand! BTW, the only reason I didn't fall backwards is that I wasn't going to take the time to scoot back. I just FLEW the hell out of there. Old cripples can be pretty nimble when the 8-leggers are about!

FiveBallBob

Deeman2
06-28-2005, 05:45 AM
Canes afraid of spiders,Canes afraid of spiders,Canes afraid of spiders,Canes afraid of spiders,

Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah.....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cane
06-28-2005, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Canes afraid of spiders,Canes afraid of spiders,Canes afraid of spiders,Canes afraid of spiders,

Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah.....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, I play with snakes, I have a wolf for a pet, I even chased a Griz in Glacier National Park with a fly rod for stealing my fish, but YES, Cane IS afraid of spiders!!!!! Billie has to kill them if they get in the house! My cousin once thought it would be funny to walk up to me and put a grandaddy long legs on my shirt. I knocked him stone cold unconcious before I realized what I was doing! Yep, a 6'4" 280 pound WIMP when it comes to spiders!

Later,
5BallBob

dg-in-centralpa
06-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Damn, it sounds like you guys had fun. One of these days I'll get there.

DG

poolturtle
06-28-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was time to say goodbye but Doug and Matt started up a game of Straight Pool to 150. <hr /></blockquote>

It started as a game to 150, but it got shortened to 75. Damn work schedule! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And I will be big enough to admit for the record that Matt whipped my ass at the game. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif But I still got you beat at 8 ball, and took you out in 9 ball. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a new shot (appropriately named by Chopstick): The Turtle Tickey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It sure was scary out on that porch all by my lonesome in my pajammies!

Doug, you came out onto the porch right when I was coming back in. A dollar late and a day short. All I can say is that you should've, and I would've. There's always that next time...
<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

You discovered my weakness! When I get into a good game of pool, everything else fades into the background. I was so involved in trying to kick Matt's ass at straight pool, that I didn't notice the cute ...... uh... anyway...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As for my experience, I enjoyed whole thing, short as it was. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Pettypoint is my new favorite place to play. The room is almost as wonderful as the company. I wish I could've gotten there earlier to meet up with everyone again. Turns out I missed half the gang. Oh well, there's always next time (hint hint)

9 Ball Girl
06-28-2005, 09:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr>You discovered my weakness!<hr /></blockquote>Are you kidding me? I saw that weakness a mile away! LOL You Texas boys...Fugghedaboutit!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr>I was so involved in trying to kick Matt's ass at straight pool, that I didn't notice the cute ...... uh... anyway...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif<hr /></blockquote>Oh you noticed. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted that! Ha!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr>As for my experience, I enjoyed whole thing, short as it was. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Pettypoint is my new favorite place to play. The room is almost as wonderful as the company. I wish I could've gotten there earlier to meet up with everyone again. Turns out I missed half the gang.<hr /></blockquote>I have never been to anything like this before. I'm looking forward to the next time.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr>Oh well, there's always next time (hint hint) <hr /></blockquote>Damn right there'll be a next time!

Ace
06-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah, So when is the next annual chili cook off? Has SPetty given any dates yet? lol. I was at Petty Point about three weeks ago when Deeman showed me around. I really enjoyed meeting every one and SPetty really has a nice pool hall. I really wanted to be there for the chili cook off, but could not make it. I really wanted to meet 9BG too. (She's a real cutie!)

cueball1950
06-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Maybe, just maybe in the near future i will be able to make it to Petty point pool hall to meet and greet everybody. any hotels close by............mike

ryushen21
06-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Don't sell yourself short on this one turtle. You were holding your own and i just caught a few lucky runs. But there is always an open challenge to you. Anytime, anygame.

I think i heard you say that you come into the Dallas area once a week or so. If you want we can hook up somewhere in dallas and have a challenge match. Just let me know.

9 Ball Girl
06-29-2005, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ace:</font><hr> Yeah, So when is the next annual chili cook off? Has SPetty given any dates yet? lol. I was at Petty Point about three weeks ago when Deeman showed me around. I really enjoyed meeting every one and SPetty really has a nice pool hall. I really wanted to be there for the chili cook off, but could not make it. I really wanted to meet 9BG too. (She's a real cutie!) <hr /></blockquote>Thanks!

9 Ball Girl
06-29-2005, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolturtle:</font><hr>I have a new shot (appropriately named by Chopstick): The Turtle Tickey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif<hr /></blockquote>Ok, I've gotta ask. What's The Turtle Tickey?

ras314
06-29-2005, 05:44 PM
I’m not ignoring everybody, it just took a few days longer getting back than it did going ‘caus I had to check out every pool hall I could find along the way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was the first to arrive at PPPHall, looked like an old fashioned revival was about to happen with all the tent tops with tables and chairs and stuff. LeRoy warned me not to worry about where to put anything as the women would change everything anyway. He was right, BTW. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Then SPetty and 9BG arrived with stories of actually seeing real cows and got the weekend started off right. Seems I had heard of Wendy not playing for a year so I made the mistake of racking 9 ball on the 7 footer and inviting her to play. 9 on the snap first two racks and didn’t get much better for me the longer we played. To add insult to injury she used a house cue with one of those ridicules slip on tips. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tournament was an interesting setup. Scotch doubles where everybody was partners once and played against everyone once for two racks each set. Trouble was we ran out of time so the SpiderMan lucked out again. Actually I noticed he is usually lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Later there was some ridiculous game where someone decided 8 ball might be less crowded on the little Cougar with only 9 balls, other games where you could shoot any ball you wanted and such weird stuff.

All the Chili was outstanding, except I would have voted for something called “Beal Street Sweet Chile” which was different and very very good. I had to make sure none of it got left over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If I had to pick out the high point of the weekend it would be the great spider back flop! Never saw a simultaneous backwards out of the chair hit the ground on your back executed before. Both WHOPS sounded as one. One of the participants started mumbling something about wild kingdom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not going to mention the rest of the names of folks there, both because I’d probably get them mixed up and the innocent, or guilty as the case may be, might want to be protected. LOL

Would like to add my praise to SPetty and LeRoy to everyone else's for all the work they did to give us such a good time.

9 Ball Girl
06-29-2005, 07:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>Seems I had heard of Wendy not playing for a year so I made the mistake of racking 9 ball on the 7 footer and inviting her to play. 9 on the snap first two racks and didn’t get much better for me the longer we played. To add insult to injury she used a house cue with one of those ridicules slip on tips. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>I loved that cue! And, the last time I played was at an Open tournament back in March at Valley Forge.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>All the Chili was outstanding, except I would have voted for something called “Beal Street Sweet Chile” which was different and very very good. I had to make sure none of it got left over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif<hr /></blockquote>Your chili was slammin'! I took a couple of helping on my eggs and sausages! It opened up the sinuses! LOL

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>If I had to pick out the high point of the weekend it would be the great spider back flop! Never saw a simultaneous backwards out of the chair hit the ground on your back executed before. Both WHOPS sounded as one. One of the participants started mumbling something about wild kingdom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Yup. I've gotta say that I'm guilty of saying, "What in the name of the Wild Kingdom was that?!" LOL

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>Would like to add my praise to SPetty and LeRoy to everyone else's for all the work they did to give us such a good time.<hr /></blockquote>They're the best and I can't wait for next time!

poolturtle
07-01-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote poolturtle:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a new shot (appropriately named by Chopstick): The Turtle Tickey.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I've gotta ask. What's The Turtle Tickey? <hr /></blockquote>

It's the 8 ball shot I made when you and I were playing scotch doubles with spiderman and...uh...spiderwoman? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Yes, yes, yes. I remember now!

Deeman2
07-03-2005, 07:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr><blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>All the Chili was outstanding, except I would have voted for something called “Beal Street Sweet Chile” which was different and very very good. I had to make sure none of it got left over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/quote

<font color="blue"> ras,

Thanks for the nice words about my chili. I am still wondering how hot your really hot stuff would be. It was great seeing you after seeing your hat and beard all these years.

Deeman </font color>

ras314
07-03-2005, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
<font color="blue"> ras,
I am still wondering how hot your really hot stuff would be.
Deeman </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
Deeman,
Actually a lady name of Alice Delgato made the green chili, she thought Texas might be ready for New Mexico chili. I've tried her normal posole by mistake, took a few days before my lips and mouth recovered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Never had nerve enough to try her regular chili, but it has no tomatoes and comes from a little garden somewhere I think, like you described in an earlier thread.

Hope you find a more reasonable job soon that allows more time for pool.