PDA

View Full Version : Kicking and banking secrets exposed!

RichardAubin
06-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Hey gang,

I'm writing a special report on kicking and banking
and I need your questions!

I'm going to be interviewing several well-known pool
instructors and am going to ask them to most popular
kicking and banking questions that I get.

As soon as the report is completed, I'll send you a free
copy just for participating in this amazing project!

Here's what you need to do...

Go to my website: www.askrichardaubin.com (http://www.askrichardaubin.com)
Listen to the quick audio presentation I have and submit
your questions.

If you have 3 questions, put them all in there.

If you have 20 questions, put them all in there as well

The more specific questions I gather, the better answers
I'll be able to get for you.

So again...
1. Go to www.askrichardaubin.com (http://www.askrichardaubin.com)
2. Submit as many questions that you can think of
about kicking and banking.

I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you

- Richard.

wolfdancer
06-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Richard, "Walt's Billiard Atlas" has some useful kicking systems...Jimmy Reid's www.freepoollessons.com/ (http://www.freepoollessons.com/) has his own kicking and banking systems. Tom Rossman has a tape out with some of his.
and over on the www.onepocket.org/ (http://www.onepocket.org/) site...as noted here...there is a book on banking in the works.
You might be hard-pressed to find any additional useful info, not covered....but good luck with your project....

HALHOULE
06-29-2005, 01:15 AM
BANKING AND POCKETING ARE ONE AND THE SAME. SAME AIMING.

Fred Agnir
06-29-2005, 05:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RichardAubin:</font><hr>

I'm going to be interviewing several well-known pool
instructors and am going to ask them to most popular
kicking and banking questions that I get.<hr /></blockquote> I would also suggest to inteview John Brumback, Glenn Rogers, Jason Miller, and Dave Matlock, as well as Josť Parica, Buddy Hall, and Nick Varner.

Fred

wolfdancer
06-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Are you following me??
I think Dave Piona uses ideas derived from your system to teach banks.
I understand he says to hit the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 point to "make any bank"
Understand,it's hearsay....AND....I just said "ideas" however misconstrued they may be.....
Dave himself, plays by feel....a natural player, with a nice stroke.

Stretch
06-29-2005, 05:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Are you following me??
I think Dave Piona uses ideas derived from your system to teach banks.
I understand he says to hit the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 point to "make any bank"
Understand,it's hearsay....AND....I just said "ideas" however misconstrued they may be.....
Dave himself, plays by feel....a natural player, with a nice stroke. <hr /></blockquote>

I almost never hit a plain ball bank shot. For instance i see where the full ball hit will go and if it's close i'll still hit full ball but adjust with inside to shorten to the hole, or use outside to lengthen to the hole.

I don't know whether this is common with other players but i "see" a lengthened or shortened angle more naturaly than a natural angle. Does that make sense? lol So when banking i always use a dab of english to send it right. St.

wolfdancer
06-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Stretch, i remember from one of Mike Sigel's vidoes, where he never shoots a bank shot, unless it's almost "on"...whereas most bar pool players will bank anything

HALHOULE
06-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Dave Piona is a student of mine, and a good friend. He does not aim by feel. He is using an aiming system of mine.

HAL

Scott Lee
06-30-2005, 10:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> on the www.onepocket.org/ (http://www.onepocket.org/) site...as noted here...there is a book on banking in the works.
<hr /></blockquote>

Jack...The book, Banking With The Beard, by Freddie Bentivegna, is out now, and available for $30. It is a valuable resource for any pool player, and a MUST HAVE for anyone who gambles pool.

Scott

wolfdancer
07-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Scott, thanks for the info....I'll see which CC hasn't been maxed out, and order one....

Candyman
07-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Hey Scott! I called the number on Freddy's web site last week to order the book and didn't get an answer. Later that day I was at the pool room and my cell rang. This guy is telling me he got my number off caller ID and what did I need. He was Freddy Bentivegna. I had actually called on another phone and he got my wife first. She gave him my number. I'm freaking out at the trouble he went through to track me down. We talked for a long time about pool in general. He is one heck of a story teller. He told me he was in the process of writing another book. Just talking to him was worth the cost of the book.

I can't believe this. My wife just walked in for the mail box with my copy. Gotta go. I hope you are still coming here in Oct. I can use a lesson.

wolfdancer
07-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Scott, just upgraded my paypal acc't...and ordered the book,
thanks for the news.

EZMark
07-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Hal you old fart have been using your system for a long time ever since I came up and spent some time with you thank you for the help you know me as Mark De Pompa. Send me your phone number I woud like to talk to you, glad to hear you are still around my email is shrky1@sbcglobal.net. Waiting to hear from you. Mark

Troy
07-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Check your e-mail Mark.....

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote EZMark:</font><hr> Hal you old fart have been using your system for a long time ever since I came up and spent some time with you thank you for the help you know me as Mark De Pompa. Send me your phone number I woud like to talk to you, glad to hear you are still around my email is shrky1@sbcglobal.net. Waiting to hear from you. Mark <hr /></blockquote>

HALHOULE
07-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Dave Piona uses one of my systems for banking and pocketing. He is a former student of mine, from Oakland, Ca. He does not play by feel.

hal