PDA

View Full Version : tesis

ana1234
06-28-2005, 09:07 PM
he everybody, I m student of administration and working on my tesis, does anyone know how many time is a pool table ocupied in a pool bar in the us? i would need minimum and maximum numbers ... would be cool if someone has this info

cueball1950
06-28-2005, 09:44 PM
well, i would say here in upstate NY that most all of the bars have tables. i would say during the week at night that maybe they are occupied maybe 50% of the time from 7pm to 3am, which is closing time. now the weekends are a different story. i would say that almost all of the tables would be going from 7pm to 3am 100% of the time with a waiting list without a doubt. hope this helps in some way.............................mike

Thunderduck
06-28-2005, 11:44 PM
your tesis? Whats that?

Candyman
06-29-2005, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> your tesis? Whats that?

Sort of like a high school "turn paper", but for masters degrees.
<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> your tesis? Whats that?

Sort of like a high school "turn paper", but for masters degrees.
<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Thank goodness for our higher education system!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
06-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Your question is not quite clear, but I think the inquiry relates to expected revenue per table, in a pool room?
I've done the "books" for a few owners, and my guess is daily usage would approx 5 hours per table, at prime rate.
I've used/installed three Billiard POS software programs,...don't know if this might help:
Dolphin
Time Magic
Definitive Synergy
The first was DOS based...but needed a DOS guy to debug
Time Magic...good, cost effective app.
Def Syn...pricey, but good, althought the pool control module seems an add-on to a program designed for restaurants/bars
Good luck with your tesis!!

BoroNut
06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> your tesis? Whats that?
<hr /></blockquote>

Perhaps he means his testes do you think? I know I put an awful lot of work in myself at his age.

Boro Nut

wolfdancer
06-29-2005, 04:06 PM
For a fuller understanding of the power of the testes
link (http://www.discoverychannel.ca/sexfiles/)

Regulator
06-29-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm sure he means Thesis.

"A dissertation advancing an original point of view as a result of research, especially as a requirement for an academic degree."

We don't all have English as our first language. Of course, my English is so bad, I wish I spoken another language. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
06-30-2005, 04:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Regulator:</font><hr> I'm sure he means Thesis.

"A dissertation advancing an original point of view as a result of research, especially as a requirement for an academic degree."

We don't all have English as our first language. Of course, my English is so bad, I wish I spoken another language. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

If you have reached the point where it's time to write one, you probably should know how to spell and pronounce it.
JMHO

Regulator
06-30-2005, 08:40 AM
"If you have reached the point where it's time to write one, you probably should know how to spell and pronounce it. JMHO"

Maybe in his country/language, that's how you spell it.

Amazingly enough, there's 6 billion people who don't live in the good old US of A.

ana1234
06-30-2005, 02:12 PM
hi wolfdancer, thanks a lot; seems that you knwo a bit more and could help me out; do you have more specific data;
in my thesis I present a business plan for a billard cafe - the place would be open from 10 am a 11 pm and is situated in front of a private university in mexico city; open from monday a saturday; what would you think that a pool table could be ocupied on the different days ?
thanks a lot

ana

Scott Lee
06-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Surely there are many poolrooms in Mexico City, that you could visit, and/or talk to the owners about the information you seek. I'm, of course, presuming that you live there, or near there, which is why your thesis is based on those geographics.

Scott Lee