PDA

View Full Version : need help on billiard.am very interested.please!

Amatuer
07-01-2005, 08:34 AM
when it comes to billiard,honestly im a real idiot...
but im interested to know more about this game.....
firstly,what i need to know is that:-

1. what are the differences between billiard,pool and snooker?

please help....
im really interested...
thank you...

LARRY_BOY
07-01-2005, 11:19 AM
In a nut shell

billiard tables have no pockets
only 3 balls are used at a time
points are scored by banking balls into each other

pool tables have 6 pockets
points are scored by pocketing balls
tables are typically 7',8',or 9'
16 balls are used

snooker also uses 16 balls but are slightly smaller in diameter than pool balls
the pockets are also smaller in width
the table measures 6' x 12'
rules for scoreing are longer than I will go into now

hope this helped.......

PQQLK9
07-01-2005, 11:34 AM
actually Snooker uses 21 balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifI know you knew that.

Well 22 if you count the white cue ball... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
THE SNOOKER BALLS

A set of snooker balls consists of: fifteen reds; one yellow, one green, one brown, one blue, one pink, one black (known collectively as the colors or colored balls); and one white ball (known as the cue-ball).

Regulation size balls for full-sized tables measure 2 1/16 inches in diameter.

Smaller balls are manufactured for smaller than full-sized tables, with diameters of 1 7/8, 1 3/4 and 1 5/8 inches the most popular size of balls. Though due to room constraints on the table, usually tables of 8 feet in length and below will only usually feature a set of ten red-balls instead of fifteen.
http://www.snookerusa.com/

Where is BoroNut when we need him?

1pRoscoe
07-01-2005, 11:39 AM
16 balls in snooker? I've been doing it all wrong... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BoroNut
07-01-2005, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr>Where is BoroNut when we need him? <hr /></blockquote>

I'm here. I just couldn't think of a punchline that's all. I've not been well.

I'm starting to think I'm a dog again since they cut my medication. It's really getting me down. I mean. it's about time they sorted it out once and for all. They've had long enough, it's been going on since I was a puppy. I'm afraid that if I shag the Vicar's leg one more time they'll send me back to the dark place.

Apart from that, you've done a valiant job yourself explaining the rules of snooker, other than omitting that after every shot, wherever the cue ball comes to rest, I have to run round the table and fetch it back to you.

Boro Nut

Troy
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
That's why it's called "practicing medicine".
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BoroNut:</font><hr>.....it's about time they sorted it out once and for all.
Boro Nut <hr /></blockquote>

Amatuer
07-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks for your replies guys!It helps a lil' bit!

BoroNut
07-02-2005, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Amatuer:</font><hr> Thanks for your replies guys!It helps a lil' bit! <hr /></blockquote>

Oh, and don't forget to worm yourself regularly.

Boro Nut