PDA

View Full Version : Early happy 4th

eg8r
07-01-2005, 08:39 PM
This post goes out to all those on the board that celebrate the 4th of July. Sorry my fellow Brits. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif When I was out in Texas we had a company picnic on the 4th, and our Program Manager thought it would be a good idea to tie this picnic in with the 4th of July and just have a giant celebration. He felt a bit foolish when one of our joint ventures got up to speak and reminded everyone that those from the UK did not celebrate the 4th. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif We had a ton of BAE people and they all took it in jest, but it was pretty embarassing to our PM.

Anyways, I will be off the board for a little while. My family and I are headed to the beach for a week.

I have been asked to post some threads about my daughter (10 months old) every once in a while, so maybe I will do that when I get back. I guess the political posts get cumbersome after a while. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well I am headed to get some fresh air and avoid all possible shark attacks.

I hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend.

eg8r